Highlander Motel
US$316
US$271
Marriott Hotels
US$109
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$143
ComfortInn
US$202
US$172
  • Pool
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$475
US$361
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$120
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$176
All reviewsvirginia squaredonutscontinental breakfastyogurtel pollo ricofree parkingmetro stationsafe neighborhoodorange linedc areacream cheeseroom was cleanwalking distancemini fridgesink areareasonable ratesconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This motel is a good, clean motel for your money. Not real fancy, but rooms were clean and the bathrooms had been recently remodeled. The room had a mini-fridge which I always find helpful when traveling. No microwaves in room, but front desk would microwave for us if we needed it. The location for this hotel is definately the seller...only 2 blocks from the Virginia Square-GMU metro station. Very easy to make the 10-15 minute trip into DC. My mother & I were traveling from out of town and felt very safe traveling in this area, which is also a huge plus. I would revisit this motel in the future.

1  Thank TravelingMama1974
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My family and I stayed at the Highlander for three nights during our visit to DC this June. The place is indeed a short walk from the Virginia Square Metro Station which was convenient because that meant we did not need to bother driving downtown. While the room seemed clean, there was a bad smell in the room that I couldn't quite put my finger on- maybe cigarette smoke, although it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The sink was broken. The bed gave me a bad back ache every morning. Beside that, the staff was friendly. The free continental breakfast was okay: oranges, apples, bananas, fruit yogurt, donuts, bagels, cream cheese, butter, coffee, tea, orange juice, one morning there were some kind of pastries resembling Danish, another morning there was banana bread. All in all, the hotel was okay for the price we paid- definitely a good value. It is on a main road, but we asked for a room at the back, facing the parking lot, not the street. I guess if I had to choose, I'd go back again, although I can't say I'd recommend it whole-heartedly.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

While it is old looking, it is a well maintained and very clean and safe place. The beds were excellent! The staff were super friendly and helpful at all times. My son is going to GMU and lives really close by. Just the perfect spot for my wife and I and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Just let the staff know what you need.
Reviewed 10 June 2011

The Highlander Motel is awesome!. It's clean, safe, and half the price of other hotels in the area. The staff are friendly. The location is great too, being a short walk from the metrorail station to DC. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2011

This hotel offers everything you need to survive a couple of days in the DC area, from a clean bedroom and comfortable bed to free Internet access, including a reasonably good continental breakfast. You pay 50% of what you would pay in any of the fancy nearby hotels, but if you need the extra assistance that you might take for granted in any of those pricier hotels, forget it. You will be greeted by somebody behind a thick glass window, and if you—like me—would like to print your boarding passes at the hotel, you are going to be disappointed when you hear that they won't do that for you.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business