The Highlander is not for those looking for luxury. Please go elsewhere if that's your thing.
However, if you are like the rest of us and prefer to spend your hard earned cash actually enjoying the sights & sounds of your vacation destination - stay here! It is a 4 minute walk from the Virginia Square-GMU Metro (Orange Line) Station and a 10 minute stroll into Clarendon - which is a nice place to venture into for great food, night time activities or CVS needs. Okay, back to The Highlander - 3 of us (2 adults & teenage boy) stayed 4 nights (Sat-Wed) check in/check out was a breeze, beds were comfy, room & bathroom were clean. Extra pillows & towels were given upon request at the front desk. Had in room mini-fridge- which was nice to store water, soda & snacks from the 7-eleven just down the street. We were on 2nd floor, at the end on back side - hardly any street noise. The continental breakfast was well stocked with bagels, croissants, donuts, fruit, yogurt along with plenty of coffee, oj, tea & hot chocolate. It was a nice way to get our day going before hopping on Metro and exploring our nation's Capitol - which is only 15 minutes or so away. Thanks for a really nice & inexpensive stay Highlander; when we get back to D.C., we'll be staying here again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highlander Motel is an affordable motel in Arlington VA close to the FDIC, NSF, and George Mason University. We offer free parking, free wireless internet access and HD television. We are located 2 blocks from the Virginia Square Metro station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Highlander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highlander Hotel Arlington
- Highlander Motel Arlington