“Closed, this is now Sushi Rock”
Review of Yaku - CLOSED

Price range: US$13 - US$17
Cuisines: Chinese, Peruvian
Good for: Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: corner of Clarendon Blvd. & Scott St.
Transit: Court House Metro/Orange Line
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Yaku was one of my favorite local places! Great outdoor seating area and wines by the ounce.

Reviewed 15 August 2009

Sitting on the ground floor of magnificent high rise heading down the hill on Clarendon Blvd. in Arlington, Yaku, with its expansive patio and chic indoor decor is a real contribution to the lives of those of us who live in the neighborhood and those who live on the other side of the river. Yaku has a sound system that creates an incredible mood - I fell like I went out clubbing instead of our to dinner, but without the smoke and with a system that allows conversation in the midst of great music. The food is fabulous and highlighted by a great selection of small plates that include sushi grade tuna fixed two ways - one with peanut sause, the other with Wasabi mayonnaise. There are crispy salmon rolls and light crab and shrimp rolls. Everything is fresh and presented well. The parmesan scallops are great if you are in more of a cheese than sushi mood. Entrees are unusal, in the right amount, and delicious. The choices range from vegetarian quinoa risotto to tenderloin with rice. The chocolate torte desert is warm and deep chocolate - nurturing and energizing. Drinks are to die for with my favorite being the quintessential cosmo. Sitting outside on a summer night beats DC venues as there is less noise and a relaxed uncrowded ambiance. No pedestrians squeezing by you on the sidewalk. What a great place to have with staff that are caring, friendly and competent. Vessie from Bulgaria, Nicco from Serbia, Freddie, Jonathan, Edward and more - they are truly a delight and my husband and I now feel they need to give us a meal plan we go there so much. Thanks, Yaku!

1  Thank MLFN