“Would definitely recommend!”

Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Our seven day stay at Hilton Garden Inn Shirlington, VA went very smoothly. Nice, clean, quiet, with a wonderful breakfast, and shuttle service to the Metro. It features a small pool, hot tub and weight room that was nice sized (check their site for other amenities.) After a long day in D.C., we simply called the Hotel, and the shuttle met us at the Metro station within a few minutes for a short drive back to the hotel. Shirlington also offered quite a few restaurants within a few minutes walk ( I suggest Guapo's if you like Mexican) and a friendly atmosphere. The hotel is within minutes of Arlington, Georgetown, and many local faves including D.C. Cupcakes! Yeah Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed here overnight on our way back home to NJ from South Carolina. Left SC very early in the morning so we could arrive in time to check in, then go to Arlington National Cemetery. Hotel is located in a very nice neighborhood with a lot of upscale shops and cafes. Entrance to hotel is located on a small, narrow, busy street. We had to circle the hotel 3 times before we could try to park in the limited "10 minute" parking/unloading spaces. Husband waited in the car while I went to the front desk to check in. Parking is across the street in a garage, 4th level - no charge. I asked the gentleman at the front desk - Adam - what time Arlington closed, just to be sure. Never making eye contact with me, he replied that it closed at 5 pm. As it was 4:55 pm already, I was a little nervous, because I was told by a friend that it closed at 7 pm. I asked if he could check, and all I received was a tepid, disinterested reply that it closed at 5. My husband and I decided to go anyway. Lo and behold, Arlington was open until 7, and the parking lot closed at 8! Needless to say, I was steamed. If I had listened to "Adam", I would have missed my opportunity. When we returned to the hotel, I went to speak to Adam while my husband made his way to the parking garage. I asked him if he had remembered our conversation about Arlington, closing time, etc. I then told him about the 7 pm closing time, and how I thought he really did not go the extra mile to help me when I had asked for assistance. I received the same tepid, disinterested apology. I told him that I would have missed out on this chance had I relied upon his response - no reply. I then went to sit in the lobby to wait for my husband. After a few minutes, I guess he must have googled it, because he was then telling me this information FROM ACROSS THE LOBBY!! When we went to our rooms - the key card did not work. My husband went down to the lobby this time, because I didn't wish to speak to Adam again. he told my husband I must have left the key cards near a cell phone or something - which I didn't!!

Well, enough about that. The room was clean, spacious, and lovely. There was a large desk with WiFi capability - it took only a few seconds to set up. Nice flat screen TV, mini fridge, and microwave. They also have a pool, bar, restaurant, and pantry to buy snacks. We were too tired to partake in any of these, but they certainly looked inviting.

Aside from the parking/unloading difficulty and the disinterested clerk, this is a beautiful place. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bassetlove
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff is helpful and the shuttle will take you to Pentagon City for free. You can pick up a tour bus there and it will get you everywhere you want to go. When you return to Pentagon city just call and the shuttle would show up in minutes. Moreover, the shirlington area by the hotel has a number of great restaurants within a block or two. And what a beautiful area they have developed there it is a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We wanted to go into the city and friends advised us to stay in Arlington/Alexandria and take the Metro. We were a little hesitant about staying at a hotel that was not within walking distance to a Metro station. The free hotel shuttle was very convenient so that wasn't a big issue in the end. Our actual hotel stay was GREAT. The hotel staff were so friendly and kind to us and even treated us to room service and champagne for our anniversary (the hotel food is also really good by the way)! They went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay, accommodate our trips into the city and make us feel welcome. This is a fairly new property, so everything is clean and fresh. The fitness room is equipped with several treadmills with personal monitors and a few other machines. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they looked nice and clean as well. The Shirlington Village area was another treat for us - a Harris Teeter directly across from the hotel for snacks, a movie theater, a 'real' theater, lots of great little restaurants and a Carribou Coffee shop around the corner. The hotel is also located directly across from the Four Mile Run trail which is a good option for outdoor exercise. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. The area and facilities are great and the best part is the awesome staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Weekend_Travelers_08
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Great property, wonderful staff! New location in an upscale neighborhood was incredibly clean. This location could not be more convenient for Arlington or District visit. Ammenities on the property included pool, restaurant, hot tub, wireless internet, fitness room, walking distance to restaurants. A grocery store directly acorss the street and free shuttle to and from the airport in addition to shuttle service to the Metra Subway about 5 minutes from the property.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed here for a Washington, DC trip and I must say that I loved the hotel. Great service, clean spacious room, excellent breakfast (buffet/cooked-to-order) and free parking that's across the street in a parking garage. Lots of restaurants nearby and DC was only a 10 min drive away. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I found this hotel to be the right choice for many reasons. It is not too far from Reagan Airport, has metro bus shuttle service to multiple locations, a parking garage if needed, is a 2 minute walk to Restaurant Row and a grocery store, and is a great value with many amenities included in the price. Arlington Cemetery is only a 10 minute car ride from this hotel.

Room Tip: My room on the 3rd floor was very quiet even though it overlooked a road.