“Excellent long term accomodations”

Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Corrales, New Mexico
“Excellent long term accomodations”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great breakfast every morning, 3 meals each week and a manager's cocktail party 2-3 times a month. Free cable and wifi. Excellent location next to the Metro. Parking under hotel is expensive. Good preventive maintenance. Water pressure was the best of ANY hotel I have stayed in during the last 150 nights all over the world!

Room Tip: Get a quiet room overlooking the courtyard
Green Features: I paid enough for the room and taxes that I shouldn't have to worry about the environment. Not a tree hugger
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mickey6448

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The only reason I didn't give this property a top rating was the elevator situation. The wait for an elevator was consistently, painfully long. And the only way to take the stairs is to walk through the pool area - a pretty poor design. The staff was courteous and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. The location is awesome. It's right on the metro orange line and within walking distance of several good dining options, shops, and even a movie theater. A great place for business or leisure travel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank srjh
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am returning customer to this hotel, for several reasons: location, vicinity of metro, lovely sitting area on the back, free Internet, great breakfast. And a nice pizza place within the compound. All for business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Liki71
Gulf Coast Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had loved this hotel in this location. Convenient to the ORANGE LINE of the Metro, which makes it a breeze getting in and out of DC (except at rush hour and except on weekends when events are on).

I've stayed here before and loved it. However, on this visit I was in a room that needed a paint job. Virtually EVERY wall that one looks at you find black marks, dirty marks, smears, on the walls. This is WELL BELOW Marriott's standard. The HVAC system leaves a LOT to be desired. Whenever you leave the room, the automated controls revert to their pre-programed mode and either heat or cool the room to extreme.

The most disappointing aspect of this visit was looking at all the dirt on the furnishings and walls. The furniture throughout the hotel is worn and becoming tired. The furniture in the lobby is filthy. The arms on EVERY seat show visible dirt. Either CLEAN the upholstery or replace it! The same can be said for the furniture in the room in which I stayed. Also, because the "wooden" furniture is about as cheap as IKEA furniture, it is not holding up. Corners are all bruised and the substrait shows on almost every piece. Even the bathroom shelves were scarred and nicked and no attempt to refinish them has been made. If this continues, the place with look 3rd rate in a matter of a year. It's sad that Marriott chooses to place such cheap furnishings in rooms that obviously receive heavy use.

When it comes to staff, I can't say enough. They're typically very good and Jeffry at the front desk is excellent. He actually walked me to my room to ensure that it was o.k., prior to checking me in. The fellow from Ethiopia is o.k., polite, but pales in comparison to Jeff, who always goes out of his way to upgrade and ensure satisfaction.

I hope by the next time I'm back in town the furniture has been swapped out or cleaned throughout the hotel.

Housekeeping is generally good. Bathrooms clean. However, there were unclean dishes in the dishwasher upon arrival. How can this be? The dishes and all utensils should be cleaned prior to a new guest checking in.

I've had the same situation as someone else reported on the last day of residency. The maid will ask when I'm checking out. They should know that a guest has until noon, or later with an extended stay and NOT bother the guests about such details. That presents a very POOR tone just prior to checkout.

The last time I had stayed here, I rated the hotel Excellent; this time, given the items noted, it only musters an Average, except for Jeff, who is still Excellent.

Room Tip: If you want a quite location, seek out a room in the high numbers... x20+ on the back side of the ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Pillsbury1111
RIArlCourthouse, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for all your comments regarding our staff and facilities during your stay with us. I have forwarded your concerns and as well as your compliments to the appropriate departments so they may address them. I am pleased to inform you that we have scheduled all of the lobby furniture to be cleaned this month. We also have a special maintenance crew that will be coming in this month and will be painting and touching up furniture in all of the rooms. Finally, we have a major renovation scheduled in 2015 and all of the lobby furniture is scheduled to be replaced. If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns please contact us directly. Thank you again for allowing us to be your home away from home.

Warmest Regards,
Jeffrey Kimmey
Woodbridge, NJ
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We drive to DC from NJ and we like their underground parking the cost of which is reasonable. Very easy to go in an out. We obviously like this hotel since this is our third visit. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Buffet style breakfast is included with the room and served on the first floor. They have everything you could want for breakfast and hot food is hot and cold things are cold. Very well done. Lots of early morning business people at 6:30 am on weekdays and then the families arrive later.

We like the fact that the Orange Metro Station is one block away through a promenade lined with convenient small shops like a Starbucks, deli that sells everything including wine (no need to trek the 10 minutes to Whole Foods). The best restaurants nearby are Fireworks (on the ground floor in the same building) and Rays the Steaks half a block away. Other good restaurants are in Rosslyn nearby. On our recent visit in April 2014 we thought of staying in DC next time but then came to the conclusion "Why bother?" This has been the perfect spot for us as far as convenience and affordability. The suite is modern, clean and pleasant. On two separate visits we had a problem with one of the two tv's in the room and someone was there within 15 minutes to fix it. Great service as far as we were concerned. The staff goes out of their way to assist you in a very friendly and efficient way.

We have had a corner room all three visits that consisted of a "living room" with TV and a small kitchen with a full size refrigerator, two burner cooktop, dishes, silverware, glasses, Keurig coffeemaker and coffee, etc. Bedroom is separate with door that closes off the living room and also has a TV. Bath with tub and commode is in bedroom with door closes off vanity area.

The corner rooms in front are very quiet except in the warm weather as there are restaurants and a rooftop bar nearby that can get noisy. It's not horrible but if you are sensitive to outside noise, request a room in the back. Otherwise it's very quiet.

This hotel will remain our "Go To" place when we head to Washington, DC which is a favorite destination.

Room Tip: As stated in my review, if you want a quieter room in the warm weather, request a room in the back...
Green Features: Not sure but since they do so many things so well, I am sure they are environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vanessa V
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable about the area and had an overall pleasant demeanor. I was excited that the gentleman helping me was able to combine the two rooms I had into a 2bdrm Suite. It was such a perfect idea and worked well for my family. The room was clean, not overly spacious but perfect for a group of 5. My daughter enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the hot tub. The restaurant attached to the bldg was very convenient and the food was great. You must try the Lamb Sliders. The only con I had was on the day of our check out, one of the housekeepers barged in the room without knocking then had the nerve to ask me what time I was leaving. I was a little irritated with that because it was 10am and checkout time was not until noon and I didn't feel like I needed to be questioned what time I was leaving. I called the front desk and reported the incident but they transferred me to the housekeeping supervisor's voicemail and she never called me back. Overall it was a good stay, close to dining and shops.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank April M
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 April 2014

On a great location, with all popular shops such as Barnes and Nobles, Whole Food and Traders Joe, Cheesecake Factory, Crate and Barrel, etc within a 5-minute walk. The orange Metro line is also nearby. They serve fantastic dinner from Mondays to Wednesdays. The room is quite new. Staff are friendly. This has more of a hotel feel than other Residence Inns. My only complaint is the long wait on the elevators during peak hours,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business