“OK Place for a Drink”

Thirsty Bernie
Ranked #454 of 902 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, German
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Thirsty Bernie struck me as a combination of a family restaurant and a bar. The food is quite pricy for the atmosphere. OK, but nothing special. We live in the neighborhood and ate once, but probably won't go back, given our tastes and the many alternatives nearby.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We've enjoyed Thirsty Bernie's on numerous occasions and have sampled many of the items on the menu. All of them have been excellent, especially the burgers and the sandwiches. Brunch is also great despite the fact that it can be crowded and noisy.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Been coming here for years despite poor service because of their good food and location. German items on the menu are the best - service level is below some fast food restaurants. Slow delivery, unapologetic management, indifferent (to the point where they seem blind) bartenders...done forgiving them and leaving them good tips in hopes of better service next time. I guess it was the wrong reinforcement for that behavior.

2  Thank dolphinslaxer
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

I go to this place all the time to watch sports games. They have ok food but they have great rootbeer and LOTTS of TVs with games on it. Great place to go

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Yes, the half-priced burger on Tuesday was good. No, the Old Bay encrusted fish in Fish and Chips war too encrusted. Yes, the fries, onion rings, and sweet potato fries were good, BUT nothing can repair the horrible service by the waitress. She was less that friendly at the beginning. They used to be dog friendly. We sat outside with our dog. Asked if they had a plate to feed her the purchased burger. The waitress said no, they didn't have anything. I asked for a styrofoam container to use. She didn't bring it. I had to flag her down to ask for it again. We never saw her again after the food came. We waited quite a while to see if she would come outside again. She didn't. I needed more iced tea. I had to get up, go inside, couldn't find her, so I asked the Bartender for more tea. He came out and brought me more tea and saw that my mother also needed water. He brought that out too. I guess he couldn't find our waitress either. We asked for the bill. The waitress finally came out with the bill and was real sweet. I guess she thought that might help her tip--not!

2  Thank CookWashingtonDC