“Roomy, work-friendly rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Madison, WI
“Roomy, work-friendly rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I arrived 27 hours late because of snow storm Titan. The reservation staff, when I called them the day before to shorten my stay by one day were able to change my reservation with no penalty. When I finally arrived, the front desk staff were friendly and welcoming. The hotel had arranged for a light supper of comfort food at the usual wine and beer happy hour because of the snow emergency (thinking it would be difficult for us to find dinner out). The hotel does not have a restaurant, but does have a complimentary breakfast buffet. It is attached to the Rennaisance Hotel that does have a restaurant. The hotel seems relatively new. The room was a good size with a kitchenette with a full fridge, sink, microwave, cook top, etc. The counters were granite or quartz (nicer than formica). The sink area of the bathroom is separate from the area that holds the bath/shower and toilet. So one person could work on their hair and make-up while the other showers. The sheets were soft and not scratchy. The towels were a little stuff, but mostly acceptable. The TV is on a swivel table so you can watch from the sitting area, desk or bed. The desk area is small but workable. I travel alot, and found this room clean and spacious. A wished i could have stayed longer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WIsconsinTravelerToo
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Titan threw a wrench into many traveler's plans, but I'm happy you made it safely to the hotel and that you were comfortable throughout your stay. Perhaps you will be able to make it back to see us when the weather is warmer and you have the time to take in a few of the sights. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Turkish first
Lewisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have stayed here twice, and each visit has been fantastic. The staff is courteous, kind, resourceful and goes above and beyond. The rooms are lovely and very comfortable with an abundance of amenties. And the lobby, with its unique fireplace and numerous seating areas is cozy and warm. Our last visit was when my husband ran the Marine Corps Marathon. The staff was very helpful in arranging our travel to the race, and even allowed a generous late checkout. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel, and especially for the value you cannot beat it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deacons96
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
It was wonderful to read your review and know that you have been a loyal guest of ours. We appreciate your repeated business and your recommendation to other TripAdvisor users. Hurry back soon!
Signal Hill, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I picked this place becsuse it was well rated and we got our room for $89.

I come to find the airport shuttle stops running at 11pm. Our flught got in at 11 so we had to take a taxi. Ill take blame for not checking but they should adjust their end time. Taxi was $12.

Check in was very quick and pleasant. The room was very clean and nicely done. I know this brand so I was not surprised. The bed was was very firm so I would try another brand next time.

The included breakfast was extensive and well stocked. The team overseeing it was very attentive.

So why the 2 stars you ask. We used the hotel shuttle to get to the metro station. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes and has gps tracking. We were dropped off and when we came back couldnt find the gps shuttle info so we called the front desk. "Nick or nico" answered and when I asked if he had an approximate time of the next shuttle he said no I dont. I found this strange as it appeared from other csr's they looked at a map on screen. Luckily the came shortly thereafter. "Mauia" was the driver and super friendly.

When I got the front desk they have a tablet showing yoy were the shuttle is...why the front desk clerk didnt look at it and tell me I have no idea.

The next day we do the same thing. The front desk clerk answered the phone and very quickly said it should be there in less than ten minutes. About 10 minutes later my wife and I standing right were we dropped off and picked up each time. I waive the driver down and he continues past the stop about 50 feet. We wait a second to see if backs up but he takes off. He got stuck at the adjacent red light. We both run to the shuttle and my wife asked the driver if he was in service. He very rudely responded with an condescending yes and opened the door. The driver was older white male with gray hsir and glasses...very rude.

When we got back to the front desk I asked for the genrral manager business card. No one had access to any business cards and told us to go to the rennasaince inn next door. They didnt have any either.

Finally, we used the shuttle to get to the airport. The driver was very nice but dropped us off at the wrong end of the airport and on the arrival level not the departures level.

Extremely disappointing experience and I will be looking for another hotel brand my next trip. Management should look at retraining several of thier employees.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rcaldin
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback and please accept my sincere apology for the poor service you received during your recent stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View and particularly with the shuttle service. I want you to know that your comments are being shared with the management team and measures are being taken to address these issues and prevent them from happening again. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and if we want to continue to be successful, we can never let any guest experience a stay that has results like this. I hope you will reconsider your feelings about our hotel and will consider us again in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the residence inn with my father while we visited the capital. When we checked in the front desk agent was very clinical. No personality or any geniality. Later that night when setting up the rollout bed we were missing a sheet so we called down to the front desk. The agent said she would send someone up with it. We waited an hour before we finally gave up and went to bed. Definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Other issues were dusty dresser in the room, smelly elevators, and cold food at the breakfast that should have been hot.

Very disappointing overall.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
We were so disappointed to read your review of our hotel. Our staff is committed to delivering the best guest service to every one of our guests so that reviews like this one don't happen. We take a lot of pride in our hotel so to hear that we failed you on so many levels just won't do. We would like an opportunity to speak with you about your stay. Would you be willing to call the hotel? We look forward to hearing from you.
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We decided on this hotel based on reviews posted by other "tripadvisors" and I am so glad we did! Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is a great hotel - from checking in to checking out, our stay was wonderful.

The girl that checked us in was more than welcoming and suggested a couple of different restaurants to try close by. Our room was so clean; it didn't even feel like a hotel! Having the kitchenette was a lifesaver! The fully stocked kitchenette was super convenient.

The breakfast was amazing! It had everything from your simple continental breakfast to waffles, biscuits and gravy, and French toast. There was something for everyone! On our last day, we went down to breakfast a little late and there was still plenty of hot, warm, fresh food! The staff was constantly restocking which showed how much they truly care about their guests.

Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is super close to the airport, which was nice after a long day of traveling. There is a shuttle that takes you to and from the airport along with to and from the metro. If you like to walk, the metro station isn’t too long of a walk.

About a block down from the hotel is a little Italian place called Bozelli's. Probably the best pizza I have ever had. If you a looking for something a bit nicer, there is a McCormick and Schmick's down the road. Also, there is a Buffalo Wild Wings, Jimmy Johns, California Tortilla, etc. all within walking distance.

There is a little store inside the hotel that has everything from wine to ice cream. The store had a great selection of items. I started getting sick towards the end of my trip so I went to the little store to get some flu medicine and there wasn't any. My ONLY recommendation is for DayQuil, or an equivalent, be sold. There was plenty of NyQuil; however DayQuil would have been nice. Now, I completely understand that the hotel might have been out of DayQuil and if that's the case ignore this part of my post. :)

This hotel is perfect. Everything from the location to the cleanliness is wonderful. I will definitely choose this hotel for my next visit to DC.

I would recommend this hotel to anything traveling to this area!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jpb0143
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for relying on the reviews of our guests that have stayed at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel and for choosing us for your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to explore a little bit of our city. Your review captured the essence of our hotel perfectly. Our staff is dedicated to the comfort and well-being of our guests and our service goes above and beyond to help make their stay memorable. We appreciate the time you took to let others know about us on TripAdvisor.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Marriott has two properties sharing the same city block--Residence Inn and Renaissance, and they both still have a "newness" factor. (Courtyard by Marriott is just across the street.)

The Residence Inn is very clean and serviceable. The lobby and breakfast areas are designed well and very attractive. The health center shared by the two hotels is also clean and highly functional. (Indoor pool too!)

We arrived in the area after dark, planning an early flight out of Reagan-National the following morning, so I did not explore the neighborhood--if you can call it that. Crystal City has been one of my least favorites parts of the Washington DC area for a long time. The architects of the 1970's apparently went to the Russian school of building/city planning, because it seems devoid of human personality from some vantage points.

- Excellent breakfast (complimentary at Residence Inn).
- Excellent dinner at Socci - the Renaissance open-kitchen restaurant (expensive).
- Parking is available. We chose cheapairportparking.org--valet parking at a better rate than what is typical for an airport. (The garage is in the Renaissance/Residence building.)
- Good shuttle service to Reagan. Service also through Crystal City to the Metro station.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donald W
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
We're so glad that you chose us for your stay! We have everything our guests are looking for... great rooms at a great value. At Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, our goal is to make each guest's stay, memorable. Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.
Byron Center, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

This Residence Inn has a goal of exceeding all expectations! Travel a lot and have never seen anything like it. The front desk was exceptional with its customer service and informed me of free dinner. I was a little skeptical but decided to check it out. Wow! There was stuffed peppers with pasta and a vegetable medley. The Caesar salad was excellent and the chicken noodle soup was delicious! There was also an assortment of cookies and yummy pound cake. Beer and wine also. All free! The rooms are fantastic and then there is the traditional breakfast in the morning with a ton of extras. This place is amazing! Look no further if you are staying in the DC area!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank mrsadiaz
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
WOW! What a wonderful review! Thank you very much for letting others know about our hotel. And, it's true! Our goal is not only meeting the expectations of our guests, but also exceeding them. I'm glad you decided to stay with us and we certainly hope you will be coming back to see us again soon. Our friendly staff awaits!