“Very nice Experience”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice Experience”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here in June for a family reunion. The hotel is located in the Arlington within few blocks from the Crystal City station on the metro. It was walking distance from several restaurants and was located next door to another hotel that had a full service restaurant and bar. In addition there was free shuttle to the metro and to the airport. The Shuttle made it possible to avoid having a rental car. The staff including the drivers were very nice and where very helpful with directions etc.....We ate at the breakfast buffet every morning and there were plenty of options to eat. My son and wife used them gym and thought it was adequate. The room it self was large and very accommodating for our 4 night stay. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Darrell E
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I am delighted that you would come back to see should you ever come back to the DC area again. Our complimentary amenities such as our hot breakfast, Internet service, and shuttle services make a stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View a terrific value, especially if you're traveling with the family. We can't wait to see you again. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I have been in this hotel since May while in DC for work. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is amazing. I am greeted each morning by name during breakfast. The same is true each evening by the front desk staff.
I had a few stuffed animals in a bag in my room for my children. One of the housekeepers mistakenly threw them away. I notified the front desk. The agent there was very apologetic about it. She took a description of the stuffed animals. She then went to a local store and replaced them. The replacements were better than the ones that I originally had.
I am very happy that this is the hotel I am staying in for work. I truly feel as if the hotel staff care for the guests. I feel as they are friends and family.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank joe_chemo
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We're so glad you're staying with us, too. I'm glad that you feel you are part of a family at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View because that's exactly how we want our guests to feel. We understand how difficult it is to be on the road and away from home and to have a comfort zone you can relax in and feel taken care of is essential to your well-being. Thank you for trusting us with your needs.
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and it is a fantastic hotel. The rooms were great, very clean and new. The beds were very comfortable. It was nice to have the kitchen but we were so busy we didn't use it much. The breakfast was also great but very busy, I would get there before 9am so that you can get a seat. They have a shuttle to the Metro station near by so that you can ride into DC to see the sights. The staff were extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions we had. The only negative comment I have is that the air conditioner was a little loud but it did drown out the noise from the halls.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa R
I'm so glad you chose the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing and please come back to see us for your next trip. We'd love to have you back.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here with my boys for 3 nights, and was very pleased with our stay. My first night there I was able to enjoy a complimentary glass of wine in the reception area while the kids enjoyed some warm Smores. Other great features for us: the free breakfast that had a great variety of items to choose from including eggs, sausage, and breakfast potatoes; free wifi that was not a pain to connect to, or stay connected; the free shuttle service to the airport, Crystal City metro station (Blue Line), and the Crystal City restaurant area; and the most amazing gym. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I was able to get a room right next to the elevator just like I requested. It was roomy enough for the 3 of us and the couch pulled out into a bed for the boys to sleep. My four year old enjoyed the view from our window as well. He got to see the airplanes as they took off and landed, the metro train pass by, and on our last night we had the perfect view of the fireworks. There is no restaurant onsite but the hotel is connected to the Renaissance Hotel that has a trendy Italian restaurant with a bar. We got some late desert there one night.

My only minor complaint (and it is minor) was the timeliness of the shuttles. I arrived a bit later than I would've liked getting back to the airport because I was told the shuttle would come at a certain time, and it came much later. It could be just a fluke. I would definitely stay here again without hestitation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View. What's summer without s'mores? Or wine? Or fireworks? Taking time out of a hectic schedule to relax and unwind is what a summer vacation is all about. We're hapy we could be a part of yours. Any plans for the fall?
Lindale, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very nice hotel in Crystal City on the Virginia side of the DC area; very close to Reagan National airport. Stayed there for business. My room was exceptionally clean; appears to be a relatively new hotel. The maids did a great job cleaning up the entire room, including the kitchen and running the dishwasher. The stay comes with complimentary breakfast with plenty of options, both cold and hot. The evenings included a complimentary reception with a small but tasty selection and two drinks.

Room Tip: Long hallways; if you don't want a long walk from the elevator, mention this to the desk.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Daddie-Ohh
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We're so glad you decided to choose the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. We appreciate all of the wonderful comments in your review and we hope you will come back to enjoy another stay with us soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with my kids for a day and a half trip. We all loved the kitchen, bathtub, and the bed was super comfortable. Loved the outside patio on the 3rd floor. It was so relaxing. Liked the fact that the pool stayed open till late. The only thing I didn't like is that the pool needed cleaning and the water was really cold. I also liked the fact they were handy with a list of places that deliver if I'm hungry. They also do grocery shopping for you which I thought was pretty cool. The free breakfast was great too. My favorite was the huge yogurt parfait. And they have a shuttle that takes us to the airport for free which was a blessing.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Julianni C
Thank you for sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor users. We truly appreciate your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We will have our maintenance team address the issues you noted about the pool. Thank you for mentioning this in your comments.
Mililani, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we moved overseas. We had a lot of luggage. We asked if we could check into our room early so we could go back and get more luggage (we brought 2 carloads). They let us check in 2 hours early. They weren't finished cleaning our room, but were flexible with our needs.
The next morning, the got a separate shuttle to the airport just for us b/c we had so much stuff. It only took them 5 min to call another shuttle. They helped us with all of our luggage.
The room was clean, breakfast was good. The swimming pool was dirty, but that'd be my only complaint.
Prices were phenomenal for what we got for a room and service.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We wish you all the best with your overseas adventure. Moving is never an easy thing to do, but I'm glad our team was able to assist during your transition. Don't forget to come visit us when you come to the States. And remember to bring pictures!