“Another great stay !”

Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is was my second time staying at the Renaissance Arlington Captial View and it was another great experience ! This hotel is in a perfect location - it's close to Washington, DC, so if you're driving or taking the Metro you can be in & out in a matter of minutes. We were able to accomplish everything on our "to do" list- and nothing was more than a 20 minute car ride away. This trip I was given complimentary access to the Club Lounge which was great as it provided a full breakfast (bacon, eggs, etc) in the morning and snacks in the evening. Soda/Juice/Water are complimentary - but alcohol is available for purchase - with prices comparable to the bar. The lounge is a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing. The staff as always was friendly & helpful and really went out of their way to ensure we had a great time. The Renaissance Arlington Captial View - is now my "go to" hotel for the DC/Virginia area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large - perhaps a room on a higher floor/facing the airport would give you a bette...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I can't tell you how happy it makes us when we hear that we are a "go-to" hotel by our repeat guests. We'll keep striving to earn your business and we'll keep our eyes peeled to see you come through our lobby doors again soon. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it very much.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff; clean; comfy beds; retro style; kids love the view of trains, metro and airplanes all from your hotel room. Illy cafe-love the lattes! Great lobby with games for kids and lots of places to sit and read a book. And, 10 minutes from the Smithsonian!

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of a few of the amenities offered at our hotel and that you were able to set out and discover the Smithsonian. Keep us in mind the next time you're ready to explore more of DC. It would be great to see you again.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've stayed here about three times in the last few months. Each was what you hope for as a weary traveler, not a single bad experience. Short walk to some eating places, close to airport bur I didn't hear any noise. Staying again next week as my favorite (the Renaissance in China Town) concierges lounge is shutting down for the holidays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

We appreciate your continued business and we are grateful that you have shared your recommendation to other TripAdvisor users. We'll be here when you need us and we'll have that hot breakfast ready and waiting for you.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

In the land of, "We the People.....," I will note, the staff at the Renaissance were most accommodating and sincere. I was confounded by 2 noise issue at the hotel, yet the offending loud party were visited by security. I had to move my room upon arrival due to noise, then a second noise complaint was issued when moved to the Executive floor. The next day, the hard party crowd must have been moved since I heard nothing, yet the incident was most disturbing. My room had a double door that had the potential to open to my room. Sing praises for the Navigator staff. They arranged several internal and external things for me during my stay. Oh, and the meatballs served in the restaurant are iconic. I will, however think twice before another stay since I had to make 3 calls to the front desk to report the antic of the the drunk, stoned guests on the Executive Floor to go to bed...at 4:00AM the noise stopped.

Room Tip: Be ultra judicious to demand a quite room away from others.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

I'm glad you submitted your feedback to TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. Our hotel was the venue for a rather large wedding that coincided with your stay. While we want our guests to enjoy their stay, we don't encourage them to do so at the expense of the other guests who are not a part of the festivities. While our staff goes to great lengths to minimize possible disturbances that may occur when a large group comes to the hotel for an event, such as placing the attending guests on the same floor away from other guests and alerting our security team to step up their patrols, the potential for a noise disturbance still exists. Our staff is trained to respond in a proactive manner when an occasion does arise and from your comments, you were pleased by their efforts. I sincerely apologize that your stay was still marred by the noise caused by the event. In other matters, I will pass along your praise to our Navigators and I will "second" your vote for the awesome meatballs served in our SOCCi restaurant. Perhaps our friendly staff service and our great food will get you to reconsider another stay with us. We would certainly appreciate your repeat business. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I travel quite a bit for work and pleasure. NEVER before have I received such excellent customer service all around from one place. From the check in process, the staff cleaning the rooms, the buffet breakfast, and the smiles and warm personalities. I will definitely stay at this location when I'm in the VA/DC area again! This is the type of hotel that makes you feel like family; everyone treated us like we were the only guests in the entire building.

The rooms were large and clean. The lobby was very nicely decorated with an art-deco theme. The music playing in the lobby was a blend of jazz and chill cafe vibe tunes. VERY relaxing and zen. The buffet breakfast was delicious! The staff at the bar and buffet area was very attentive and helpful....always smiling and engaging.

Highly recommend this hotel if you're visiting the VA/DC area anytime soon! We will definitely go back there!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

It sounds like we were able to provide the "WOW" factor during your stay and that's what we strive to achieve with every guest who comes to the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. From the moment we greet you at the door until it's time to say 'goodbye", we will extend our friendly guest service and provide different aspects of our hotel for you to discover. Thank you for letting others know about your experience. Keep us on your list of go-to hotels in the DC area. We would love to have you come back for another stay.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a follow-up to my initial review published a few weeks ago. Suffice it to say, it was not favorable due to a specific incident that marred my entire experience. I have since requested that my initial review be removed. Following this, I cannot express enough how happy I am with the corrective actions the Renaissance took to make things right. Their management got involved immediately, and have since bent over backwards to ensure my total satisfaction. For that reason alone, I would stay in this hotel during every future visit to the Arlington area.

Now, with regard to the hotel - it's an excellent property. It's centrally located, convenient to the entire NCR, upscale, modern and nicely appointed. The downstairs bar/lounge is comfortable and the in-hotel restaurant offered delicious selections. The concierge lounge was spacious and had a great selection of spirits. We spent our entire first night in town up there.

The room was very comfortable, and the bed slept quite well. That said, as this property is close to Reagan National, I would recommend staying on the opposite side, but regardless, I did not find the jet noise too intrusive or disturbing.

Their staff were courteous, congenial and helpful. I had a laugh with a couple of them on several occasions before the specific incident that ruined the trip (DISCLAIMER - that incident did not involve any direct member of the Renaissance Staff). They seem to be a pretty good outfit.

Bottom line, I would recommend staying with this property to anyone who's in town for business or pleasure.

My sincere gratitude to the management and staff of the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. Special thanks to Mr. Jerry Caliguire and Ms. Julie Ritter!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

To express my sincere gratitude in mere words can only begin to scratch the surface of how I feel knowing that we have not only restored your faith in our staff and in our hotel, but that we will be able to continue to serve you as a loyal Renaissance Arlington Capital View guest. For you to go out of your way to not only retract a negative review, but then to take the time to submit a review commending our hotel is indicative of the kind, generous, and forgiving person you are and we will always be grateful. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Had been on business trip that hadn’t gone as planned…walked into the Renaissance Arlington and all was well with the world. Really, we walked in the beautiful modern lobby and thought “this works!”

Staying there on a weekend the hotel is an amazing bargain. It’s first class in every way. The staff has the professionalism and polish of a truly great hotel, and make you feel welcome from the moment you step inside. Anything you need, just ask. Rooms are modern and comfortable. The showers are amazing - what pressure, even on the 8th floor. If only my home shower were that good.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the ILLY coffee shop is great too. I was able to get a real cappuccino there, not latte-light that the Starbucks’ baristas thinks is a cappuccino (basic coffee is also top-notch). A small thing, but it’s a “detail.” And all the details are well-attended to in the hotel.

If your room faces East, you can watch the planes come in and out of National Airport, but amazingly, you can’t hear them. I did have some concerns - as mentioned by another reviewer - when a CSX freight train trundled by. It could be heard. But it didn’t bother us a bit during the night. And drinks at the bar aren’t cheap, but they are in line for a DC hotel. Not a surprise. The bartenders were well polished and professional.

As mentioned before, The Metro is about 15-minute walk - there are free shuttles from the hotel to the stop. We were sorry to leave, but we knew we had gotten our money’s worth and then some. Would stay again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Higher up gets a better view of DC.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I'm glad we were able to turn things around for you! We certainly enjoyed reading your review and we truly appreciate all of the wonderful comments about our hotel. Now that you have discovered us, why not let others in on your secret? And, of course, I hope you will come by and stay with us again soon. Thank you.