“Hip, funky vibe”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Montreal, Canada
“Hip, funky vibe”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I loved staying here! It has a cool, fresh vibe. The decor is fun and chic, both in the lobby and in the room. There are restaurants close by. Service was too notch. Good food in the restaurant. Loved how the lobby opened to the bar and restaurant and how it all came alive at night. I will be back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We'll keep the Renaissance vibe going so you enjoy your next stay with us! We'll see you soon. Thank you for giving us a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I attended a conference and this was THE location for the stay. Room was ok for the price. Service at the front desk was average. The bell staff and transporation services were less than desireable. They advertise a shuttle to the Metro stop which is not close. Across a three day stay the shuttle was NEVER on time. In spite of a property to property shuttle, you are not allowed to ride this one. You must wait for the Metro shuttle. Tonight i specifically called to ask about the shuttle off the metro...told to wait five minutes and it would be there. It rolled by, never stopping. As I walked to the door and raised my hand, the shuttle left. I called and was told by the front desk that they'd try to reach the shuttle. 15 minutes later I called and the staff said he'd try to come by. I walked back in the snow and cold. Never saw the shuttle come by. Pretty walk....crappy service. I will NEVER stay at a Renaissance or related property again, and I travel frequently.

1 Thank Ron S
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I have read your review and would like to speak to you about the service you received during your stay. Please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience. Thank you for providing us with this information.
California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

With my prior job I traveled to Arlington quite frequently. I stayed several places and finally found the most comfortable hotel for me. 5 stars is based on my experience in the Arlington area.

The Renaissance has a modern decor that is very pleasing. The bed is super comfortable so I am able to sleep well. I enjoy the view of the Potomac and Reagan National Airport as it is enjoyable to watch the activity.

The concierge lounge is well equipped and offers a nice evening snack as well as a generous continental breakfast. The restaurant and lounge on the main level is alright and works in a pinch. Since the hotel is in Crystal City, there are a variety of dining options nearby also.

When I travel to Arlington again, I will definitely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank moonsun_kauai
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
So you've found your "gem" of a hotel in Crystal City! We couldn't be happier that it's the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. You've had the chance to come and discover what we're all about and we want to thank you for sharing your "finds" with others. We'll be seeing you again soon.
Fort Payne, Alabama
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We recently had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a few days. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff was amazing. We had booked three rooms, one for my husband and myself and two for our children and their families. Molly checked us in and was especially helpful in getting our rooms close together. The club room on the 14th floor was great for a light breakfast and coffee in the morning. We were in town for a funeral so we didn't have much time for sightseeing but the hotel provides a shuttle service to the Crystal City Metro or any of the other shops and restaurants there so it was very convenient for getting around the DC area.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and the view was amazing!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 4Rtrip
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We are so sorry to hear about your loss, but thankful we had the opportunity to assist you with your hotel needs during a difficult time for you and your family. Your review serves as an important reminder that each guest comes to us for different reasons and we must always be prepared to respond to our guests appropriately and efficiently with the kind of guest service they expect. Perhaps one day you will be able to visit us again and have a little time to explore the city of DC.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

There is nothing like a new, spacious hotel for a good conference. The mid-century mod style saturates every corner of the property, giving it a qwerty feeling that might not wear well for a long stay. Food is standard marriott fare and service on clever-looking menus. The meeting rooms are over size and convenient, which is why I have it a 4. Not convenient to the metro.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
We are a new and modern hotel that embodies all the Renaissance brand has to offer. Where else can you enjoy a hot latte from our Illy's cafe while listening to the R LIfe live entertainment every Thursday evening? While our amenities may entice you to stay, it's our guest service that will keep you coming back, even if it is only for a short stay. We appreciate your review. Thank you.
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I booked a weekend at the Renaissance as a weekend getaway to celebrate my wife's birthday. We live about 30 minutes away so it was really more to get a change of scenery and make my wife feel special. I have to say that the Renaissance really exceeded my expectations. After the initial booking I received an email confirming the reservation with the option to note any special requests. After making my requests, I promptly received an email from Dara who was absolutely wonderful to work with. Upon arrival, I ended up being checked in by Dara who remembered speaking with me via email and wished my wife a happy birthday. She also introduced us to her manager who also wished my wife a happy birthday without it being mentioned so it really made her feel special and made me look like a hero! After getting to the room it was clean, spacious and just our taste as far as decor. We would have liked to be on a higher floor but we still had decent views of the airport as requested. When I called down to the guest services desk they answered using my name which again was a nice personal touch for a relatively large hotel. Overall, I couldn't have asked for more at the price we paid and will certainly return to the Renaissance.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor on the side facing the airport. Floors 8 or higher would offer the best views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Russ K
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your special occasion. I am delighted you and your wife enjoyed your stay and I will share you wonderful comments with the rest of my team. We hope you will think of us for another weekend getaway in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a dinner thrown by my husbands job...wonderful service! We had a suite that was beautiful. The room was clean, neat and well designed. Great view of the airport and the city also. Ordered room service and there weren't any problems with our food. The staff was great...this hotel is close to our home but it felt like we were actually away on a trip....I'd love to go back.

1 Thank Alreadygone318
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
And we'd love to have you come back! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the dinner so much and that we were able to meet your expectations. Please think of us should any friends or family come to DC for a visit. We will be sure to extend our great guest service to them, too. Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.