The hotel is clean and contemporary with a very nicely decorated lobby with plenty of seating/social spaces. Even though it's not very large, the layout makes it seem bigger than it really is.
The rooms are nice and all bath products/amenities are nice. Beds are comfy and fixtures seem to be really well maintained. I had a room on the 7th floor facing the train tracks and I think I heard the train only a few times. It wasn't a deafening sound though, it was more like a hum. It didn't bother me at all and wouldn't stop me from staying here again.
The reason I didn't rate this at a 5 is two-fold:
(1) Walls are very thin. I know this is hard for hotels to control, but guests next door having a simple conversation about toilet paper can cause serious lack of sleep. They don't even have to be yelling...just talking.
(2) The coffee shop was mostly unattended and, when attended, took forever to be served. It seemed as though the same guy was being pulled from the restaurant to the coffee shop and he seemed out of sorts when trying to make a specialty brew. It took us almost 20 minutes to get our 4 coffee's with no one else waiting but us. He was SO helpful and apologetic though. It didn't seem like his fault. It appeared that he was thrown there for the morning for some random reason.
Even though this isn't in the heart of DC, it was nice to get away to a more subtle location after facing the noise and crowds of the city. The shuttles seemed to be running constantly and we never had to wait longer than maybe 5-8 minutes for a pick up. I would stay here again, but next time I would request an end room to lower the chances of being woken up too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Arlington Capital View's luminous design, sophisticated comfort and unparalleled service validate our position as not only one of the top rated hotels in the Washington, DC area, but across the continental U.S. Our Arlington, VA hotel is centrally located between downtown DC (3 miles) and Old Town Alexandria (3 miles). Courtesy shuttle services to National Airport and Crystal City Metro station provide possibilities to discover something new. Looking for an adventure? Our courtesy Trek Bicycles are the perfect mode of transportation when exploring the sights and hidden gems of our Nation's Capital! While visiting us, we hope you have the chance to enjoy one of the largest hotel fitness centers in the Arlington, VA area, a heated indoor pool, Espressamente Illy cafe, and modern Italian cuisine at SOCCi. We're proud to be a LEED(R) Gold certified hotel and our Navigators, the hotel's local area experts, are looking forward to helping you discover the best places to savor, sip, shop and see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.