“Really nice hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tampa, Florida
“Really nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

The hotel is clean and contemporary with a very nicely decorated lobby with plenty of seating/social spaces. Even though it's not very large, the layout makes it seem bigger than it really is.

The rooms are nice and all bath products/amenities are nice. Beds are comfy and fixtures seem to be really well maintained. I had a room on the 7th floor facing the train tracks and I think I heard the train only a few times. It wasn't a deafening sound though, it was more like a hum. It didn't bother me at all and wouldn't stop me from staying here again.

The reason I didn't rate this at a 5 is two-fold:

(1) Walls are very thin. I know this is hard for hotels to control, but guests next door having a simple conversation about toilet paper can cause serious lack of sleep. They don't even have to be yelling...just talking.

(2) The coffee shop was mostly unattended and, when attended, took forever to be served. It seemed as though the same guy was being pulled from the restaurant to the coffee shop and he seemed out of sorts when trying to make a specialty brew. It took us almost 20 minutes to get our 4 coffee's with no one else waiting but us. He was SO helpful and apologetic though. It didn't seem like his fault. It appeared that he was thrown there for the morning for some random reason.

Even though this isn't in the heart of DC, it was nice to get away to a more subtle location after facing the noise and crowds of the city. The shuttles seemed to be running constantly and we never had to wait longer than maybe 5-8 minutes for a pick up. I would stay here again, but next time I would request an end room to lower the chances of being woken up too much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shanti G
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your stay. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and I apologize that the service in our Illy's cafe did not meet your expectations. It would seem that some of our staff members were doing double duty to cover for a shortage of help. I can assure you that this is seldom the case, but I know how it is when you need your coffee. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in town and we appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Turkish first
BIG PINE KEY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I found this hotel to be superb in almost all aspects. No problems or issues within the scope of the hotel's control. Outstanding pool and fitness gym. Impeccable room. Very nice staff in all areas - front desk, cocktail bar, housekeeping, etc. Definitely would return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JOHN Y
How wonderful to hear that your stay with us met your expectations! Thank you so much for taking the time to let other TripAdvisor users know we are here and we are looking forward to serving them a memorable experience that will keep them coming back.
Ft. Worth, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Six months ago, my husband stayed here, and raved about the service and ambiance. In August we stayed for three days so that we could visit friends and family and explore some of the landmarks in the area. It was easy to use the elevators, and the valet service helped to dismantle the scooters and put them in the car. The food was good, and the staff was eager to please. We'll return on our next trip to the D.C. area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie A
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
What better recommendation could you ask for than to have someone stay with us on business and enjoy the hotel so much that they bring their spouse back to enjoy a leisurely weekend? We're so glad we were able to help make your stay pleasant and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review to TripAdvisor.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel with staff that cannot do enough for you. Everything was clean and tidy and the room we were in was perfect. My only criticism is having to pay for the wi-fi in the room ($12 a day - far too much) although it is free in the lobby. Also free shuttle buses to the Crystal city metro station and Ronald Regan Airport. Would definately go again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SD62BMW
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I'm so glad you came to stay with us and that you had an enjoyable stay. We will certainly look foward to welcoming you back the next time you're in town.
Newington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here on our way back to CT from Myrtle Beach. I could not have asked for more. The hotel was beautiful, clean, had friendly staff, room service until 11pm with food that was fresh and valet parking. We were located on the 9th floor with a city view - room was spotless, water pressure for shower was strong and beds were amazing. We didn't want to leave! Absolutely loved this hotel.

Room Tip: We paid a little more for a city view....our view was actually of the back of the Marriott and McDon...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jdiluci2
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stopover with us! The next time you're passing through please remember us and our comfy beds. We would love to see you again.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here based on the proximity to DCA and the shuttle.
My trip started off poorly since the pickup shuttle from DCA was 30 minutes late from the time they promised. It caused me to rush to me meeting, but the hotel itself made up for it.

It is modern, clean, and leaves a great impression overall from the space to the staff. The staff is very professional and is eager to help out.
They offer two shuttles, one to the airport and another to the Crystal City metro. The metro shuttle worked just fine.

The rooms are very modern with large, clean, new showers. I can't fault a thing in the rooms or the overall cleanliness of the hotel.

The lobby restaurant, bar, and the executive lounge were all in top shape and well staffed with friendly, attentive personnel.

The noise level is a bit high with noise from the train in the rooms with "a view" as well as hallway noise through the doors.

All in all, it is a great, convenient hotel that I would choose again.

*Bonus.. an Illy Cafe in the lobby with amazing coffee.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank veffekt
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for selecting the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your stay. I see from your comments that we need to work on our airport shuttle service and I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Perhaps the next time you visit with us, we can choose a room on the Crystal City side of the hotel for you so you can get a better night's sleep. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our flight was cancelled so my son and I stayed one night there. Unfortunately most of the hotel had been booked by people from India for a wedding, so they were slammed. We went downstairs to grab a bite to eat (we were their only customers) and it took a VERY long time for anyone to acknowledge our presence. We could view the kitchen and there was a cook and our waitress and us and we had ordered some bread first and even that was a long wait. When it finally came, it was NOT good.

Room Tip: I cannot give a tip for that
Green Features: It was not good, but they were slammed. It was not a good experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I apologize for the guest service failure that occurred in our restaurant. Being the only patrons, it should not have taken so long to receive prompt service and well prepared food. Please know that I will follow up with our restaurant staff to ensure that our service meets our guests needs and expectations. I hope you were able to catch another flight out and pick up your travel plans where they left off.