“Pricey for average quality”
Review of King Street Blues

King Street Blues
Ranked #66 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: So, what is comfort food with a southern accent? We are not a BBQ house but many say our slow hickory smoked back ribs, pulled pork and pulled chicken are the best when smothered with our signature Mahagony BBQ Sauce. Not to be overlooked is the Jambalaya Pasta. And, of course, for the light at heart, we also have scrumptious broiled Salmon cakes, awesome salads and more for those watching their waist line. You want the southern accent? Try our Southern Supper or any of our great Po' Boys, Burgers with an attitude, and fine Southern Salads. We guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised with our fare, we use the freshest of ingredients, and we don't charge you an arm and leg for it!
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a rare chance to get some dinner before heading home on the commuter VRE train. We chose this place because it looked interesting.

The server told us the place was known for its BBQ. I ordered the half rack of ribs which came with baked beans, cole slaw, fries and corn bread. My husband ordered the fried shrimp po-boy and requested fries instead of the home made chips.

Our food came fairly quickly. The ribs were good and tender enough that I was able to cut them off the bone without leaving meat behind and without getting my hands too messy. The cole slaw was too creamy for my taste and the beans had an interesting flavor that I'm not sure I would want to experience again. The fries were quite greasy and became limp/soggy fairly quickly. Corn bread isn't one of my favorites anyway, but this slice was good and moist.

I like my husband's shrimp po-boy. Having lived in New Orleans for several years, I could tell the sandwich was trying hard to taste authentic. The shrimp were fried well with a light, crunchy batter. The French bread was soft and didn't have the crunchy crust of great French bread. There was minimal lettuce and tomato. The spiced mayo sauce was reminiscent of the dressing applied on New Orleans po-boys but was a little too strong.

Overall this was an ok meal. I felt like I was in a tourist trap more than a good local place to which I'd return. I don't think I would bother with the ribs again. I would most likely try a different eatery in the vicinity if I had the opportunity. But if I had to eat here again, I'd order the shrimp po-boy, a pulled BBQ sandwich or one of the other sandwiches.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

being from the mid west and I like my KC BBQ the sauce was great here, it has great flavor, very little vinegar taste and with a little bit of a bite, but not hot. homemade chips and a great cucumber and onion salad. service is ok for the person we had so not saying anything about that.
prices are good depending on what you want. the website is kingstreetblues.com

Reviewed 25 June 2014

On our recent trip to Washington DC we found this really good restaurant tucked away in the Crystal City Shopping area as we entered the Metro Station.

We got a really warm welcome from the staff who made us feel at home in this 'Southern Blues' themed restaurant.

The food is real good Southern food, especially the Jambalaya and Gumbo - well worth trying.

Must not be missed.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

we where out on a trip with a group of my peers when our guide took us here, me and a friend sat at a two person table when a mouse brushed by his feet, we told the hostess and she appeared to have no issue with a mouse running around in her store, then we had seen a bug on someones table and again no problems for her, and when we did go to get our food buffet style many of the plates had been dirty, this will be the only time i will ever visit them.

1  Thank parker t
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had breakfast here. The blues benedict was quite unique and very tasty so I would recommend it. The coffee was not very good, but better than Mc Donalds or other fast food places. Wish that they would have several levels of coffee to choose from, but when they only have one pot of coffee going, you cannot expect much.

Have to try it again for some other meals. I thought one of the paintings on the wall of the deranged chef with a cleaver chasing the pig was a bit unappetising and violent so I am giving it an average rating for atmosphere.