“Great Location”

Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The location of this hotel was perfect. Just 1 1/2 blocks from the metro and then a 10 minute metro ride into DC. The parking at this hotel was in an attached garage and free, which is rare. There is a cafe on the 1st floor that has sandwiches, snacks, sodas, coffee, etc. The 17th floor is made up of a restaurant and has a great view of the city. We had dinner there one night and the good was decent and not as expensive as you would think a hotel restaurant would be. The rooms are spacious and if there is one negative I would say the bathrooms need to be upgraded. It was clean but you could tell it looked a little tired. This wouldn't stop me from staying there again though. The staff was friendly and helpful. Since this hotel is in a primarily business district there isn't a lot around as far as entertainment but if you walk a couple of blocks and make a right on Wilson you'll find a supermarket, CVS, and a couple of restaurants. I read a review about the planes being noisy and not being able to sleep...I maybe heard 3 planes during my 5 night stay and they weren't that loud. Maybe if you're not used to any noise at all this might bother you but I was ok with it. Nothing ever woke me up from my sleep.

Room Tip: I asked for a view of the river and it was beautiful, especially at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRosslyn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear allforhim578,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in such great detail. We appreciat your loyalty with us, and glad you're able to take advantage of our ammenities such as free parking, restaurant and balcony views, and surrounding environment. We look forward to having you back very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stopped for only one night, unfortunately as we were moving on to another area for a wedding, but what we did experience was great.
We were late arriving after flights from the UK and a very long wait in immigration queue. We were met by David who instantly made us feel relaxed and special, giving us a room away from the elevator so we wouldn't be disturbed. The room was lovely and the beds and pillows were fantastic. Didn't want to have to get up! Breakfast on 17th floor was superb and the view over the Potamac was awesome. We would definately go back.

1  Thank FuzzyduckUk

Dear FuzzyduckUk,

Sorry your stay was so brief, but we enjoyed having you (even if for a short time). We're glad you were able to get good rest in our room, and take advantage of the amazing views in our restaurant during breakfast.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

very nice stay. benefits: free parking, a huge plus for the DC area and great breakfast up on the 17th floor with all the goodies. only small problem was very slow internet. also very close to the Marines Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington National Cemetary.

1  Thank terrypilot
HolidayInnRosslyn, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear terrypilot,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We loved having you, and glad you were able to take advantage of the free parking, breakfast with a great view, and our location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family stayed in this hotel last April 26 to April 28, 2014. We are four in a room which includes my wife and I and my 2 kids, a 8 year old and a 4 yr old. We got into our hotel quite late on the first night. When we got into our room, we felt that the room was pretty warm and the AC wasn't working. I called the front desk and told them about it and they sent someone to take a look. The guy went to check the AC unit and didn't seem to have a solution to the problem. He then asked us to wait a bit to see if the AC gets cooler. After half an our and the room still warm, we called the front desk and requested that we get transferred. The guy in the front desk then told us that the hotel is fully sold out and we have to just make do with the room till the next morning (1st LIE). At this point, I told them that it is unacceptable and I would like to get a refund and I will move into another hotel. After a while, they called back and informed me that there is a room for us to transfer. When I got in the 2nd room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. At this time, it was past midnight already and both my kids are very tired. I called the front desk again and was able to talk to the manager, Mr. Syed [--]. He told me that he cannot move me to another room since there are no other rooms available (2nd LIE). At this point, I told him that I want a refund and I will move to another hotel. He declined my request and told me that they have fulfilled their part by providing me a room. I told him that what I paid for is a room that has an AC working and a room that is clean and not reeking with cigarette smoke, and that his rooms are not acceptable to me. At this point, he became rude and told me that he cannot make a refund and for me to take the room as it is. He then hung up. I called back and again argued with him about the states of their rooms, he then told me that he will personally come up to the room to check it, and I agreed to wait. After 30 mins, which is around 1:30am, Syed [--] has not showed up yet. I then called the front desk again and Mr. [--] answered. I asked why he is not on his way up and he just told me rudely that I go to another room to check it out. The room that I finally accepted was okay but the AC unit's motor clunks very loudly. Not willing to continue arguing with them and feeling that at least this room is better than the previous two, I told the guy who showed me the room that we will just take it. I am very disappointed that this Mr [--] was not only rude but was also dishonest on the availability of rooms in their hotel. What is most unacceptable is him telling me to just take the rooms as it is, when the rooms were clearly not acceptable.

3  Thank ChrisCo2005
HolidayInnRosslyn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear ChrisCo2005,

Thank you for the information provided. I'm sorry to here about your rough experiences here. We will handle this matter internally and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We spent one night here while sightseeing DC. The hotel was easy to find. We were traveling with another couple, and they were given their room early, which was nice, as we could leave all the luggage there. Our room was ready when we were told it would be. The walk to the subway was short, 5 to 10 minutes. The rooms were nice enough, kind of a standard hotel room, but had the plus of having a balcony. There is a bit of traffic noise however, even though we were on the 7th floor. The restaurant on the top (17th) floor was another plus. The view was great. They have an interesting menu. Our table ordered different main courses, from steak to chicken dishes. Everyones main course was good, but the down side was the side dishes. The rice and the vegetables seemed to be of the cheapest sort, and were exactly the same for all main courses. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast in the same restaurant. We didn't use the swimming pool, but it looked very inviting. All of the staff members we came across were very helpful and friendly. Indoor parking was free.Restaurants nearby. A very nice place, for the money.

Dear norskies,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We enjoyed having you and your friends stay with us. We appreciate all your feedback on our hotel ammenities, and I will make sure all comments get directed to the correct departments. We hope to see you back in the area very soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were here in April with our daughter and her family to visit the sights of DC. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and helpful. My daughter and her family did not have a small refrigerator in their room upon arrival and one was provided for them. It was very helpful as they have two children, ages 10 and 6. The children enjoyed the indoor pool after walking around all day,. The location is great...a block and a half from the Metro stop and then you can go anywhere. Our room had a wonderful view of the Potomac.

Dear albanywanderer,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our hotel, and then taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel amminities like the pool, and that the location was convenient for your needs. We hope to have you back in the area very soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here 5 days over Easter and hope to return in the near future. We picked it because of the location so close to the Rosslyn metro stop. It was just a short walk about 1 block away with the blue and yellow line. In addition we were driving, and the free parking was a big plus to us. We were priority club members so the abundant breakfast buffet was $7.46 each morning for 2 adults and 1 eight-year-old. The inside pool had a full-time life guard which hotel pools in North Carolina are not required to do. Also we asked for a river view and our request was granted so that we could look out at the Potomac and nearby Georgetown. The bathroom was a little cramped but did have an additional sink and mirror outside that area. The one night we ate in the hotel the evening meal and serve was not up the the standards set by the breakfast experience. The hotel staff is suberb. It was a great first visit to Washington. I have already recommended ti to a friend for a summer visit. She booked and saved over $200 at an adjacent facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Potomac
1  Thank Jsj931
HolidayInnRosslyn, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Jsj931,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all the feedback, and I will relay all the information to the appropriate departments. We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to having you back soon.