“Not your traditional sushi restaurant”
Review of Sushi Rock

Sushi Rock
Ranked #139 of 893 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: corner of Clarendon Blvd. & Scott St.
Transit: Court House Metro/Orange Line
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I really like going here. The inside decor is American rock-themed, and so is some of their menu item names. The food is good (much better than Asahi), I love the atmosphere and decor, the prices are reasonable for the courthouse area, and a lot better during happy hour. This is the best Japanese restaurant within 5 blocks of the courthouse in my opinion.

1  Thank Jimmy O

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was drawn to here for the cool interior. The happy hour specials are great. Select rolls for $5 and decent drink specials. The sushi was very good, however the service was a bit slow, and not overly friendly.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The atmosphere at this place is great - funky, upbeat music, low lighting, dark red and black tones throughout. The service was pretty slow, although we did go at 9:00pm on a Friday night and they were packed. Even with a reservation, we waited 15 minutes for a table.

The sushi we ordered was good, although overpriced. The volcano roll is awesome, definitely order if you enjoy spicy sushi. The spicy tuna roll was good as well. A friend and I ordered the wagyu beef roll to share, and it was terrible, and also one of the more expensive rolls. Too much rice, huge chunk of beef, not enough sauce - very bland.

Overall, I would dine at Sushi Rock again, although I would stick to the cheaper, standard rolls. The specialty rolls are just okay, and way overpriced for what you get. To note, another friend that was with us is gluten-free and there was barely anything for her to eat on the menu. The menu claims the sweet potato fries are baked, but when my friend clarified with the waitress, she said they were fried in oil - glad my friend asked!

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Slowest service ever ! Other than that, it is a very average place. Nothing special. Prices are ok but no cheap. I tried other places which were much more better, faster, and nicer.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The atmosphere, particularly outside, is really relaxing and spacious, though they could use better tables for beverages to stand on. They tip easily. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was mediocre. We had a few different rolls, appetizers and ramen. Nothing to rave about. The spicy tuna roll was anything but spicy. The other fancy maki I ordered was downright boring. So was the ramen. It's a great place to go if you want to eat outside in nice weather. If you're expecting amazing sushi, go elsewhere.