“Good sushi, fun place.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: corner of Clarendon Blvd. & Scott St.
Transit: Court House Metro/Orange Line
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My brother in law visiting from out of town took my here, as it is in a location that I often overlook. Young hip crowd and staff. Very friendly and helpful in making choices. Lots to choose from and a creative chef in the kitchen. Only wish it was a little less expensive.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The place was recommended by a friend. At first the restaurant looked sketchy but its actually really good. They give you a complimentary saki tasting (3 different sake) and they also have a good long list of sake. Sushi were really good and different. Overall it was really good and not bad in pricing.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Went their on a Monday for an early dinner at 5:30. Ordered soup, nigiri and a few rolls. Soup was overly seasoned, nigiri rice tasted like it was leftovers from lunch, and rolls were by and large lackluster, with too much stuff just clumped together. When I complained about the nigiri, the manager told me that it wasn't old rice, just improperly cooked rice! Still, there was no comp on the bill for the crappy food we ate. Had eaten there once before and wanted to try again. Will definitely not be heading back despite the nice dining room and convenient location.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I like this restaurant. It's one I would recommend and is good for socialising with friends. Nice atmosphere and the fish is fresh. Only thing I was disappointed with was when I asked a question about the saki the waitress didn't know what I was talking about. She did ask someone else but still didn't know the answer. I think they should have an understanding about their menu. Minor detail though and over all a very nice experience.

1  Thank Jodie_665
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I really like going here. The inside decor is American rock-themed, and so is some of their menu item names. The food is good (much better than Asahi), I love the atmosphere and decor, the prices are reasonable for the courthouse area, and a lot better during happy hour. This is the best Japanese restaurant within 5 blocks of the courthouse in my opinion.

1  Thank Jimmy O