“Convenient at a reasonable price”

Comfort Inn Pentagon City
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
“Convenient at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We wanted a reasonably priced hotel, with parking, and easy access to the Washington mall. That is what we got. Not luxorius, but clean and comfortable. Staff was fine. Usual Comfort Inn breakfast, although a second attendant during busy times would be helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Irwin T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel is located behind another hotel and the property is "tired" as another reviewer noted. I was very disappointed by two things that are important to me: breakfast and the fitness room. The breakfast was simply awful, both because of its quality and because the arrangement of stations let to confusion and too many people on top of one another. The fitness room is best described as a closet...i mean it...literally. It had one bike, on treadmill, and one malfunctioning stair stepper. If someone was on the treadmill, I was basically out of luck. The do provide a free shuttle to the airport/metro station, but can't seem to make a commitment that they will pick you up after a day in the city. On a positive note, the room was clean and comfortable enough and the location of the hotel means that it is only a quick drive to local restaurants and stores.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen M
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I research hotels carefully---with this one, not carefully enough. A word to the wise...don't.
It is situated next to a motel in a part of town that is not convenient for walking to anywhere you need to go. The motel and this hotel appear to be owned by the same people as they share staff, a parking lot and a pool.

The listings for this hotel say it has it's own pool---it does not. You must walk through the parking lots, past the motel (where there were people hanging out and watching the lot and I saw a man being arrested) to get to the pool which actually belongs to the motel. Very limited hours and overcrowded since it is shared by two places.

I do a lot of solo travel and have to say: the waiting area and hallways of the hotel are lovely and fresh. The rooms are not.

I asked to be moved from my first room because the room smelled overwhelmingly of urine. The second room was not as smelly so I stayed one night---then I cancelled my reservation and moved to another hotel. I did not feel safe and could not see paying this much money for what I was getting.

Not a happy camper--safety is priority one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Ann G

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Unfortunately, one of the two elevators did not work, the property looked tired and worn out and was hidden behind another hotel. My room however was clean and comfortable although it lacked a TV channel guide. The room keycards did not work and I had to go down twice to get them redone. I haven't stayed in the Washington DC area in some time but I didn't think the $189 nightly room rate was justified.

The restaurant was uninviting and devoid of any ambiance and the dinner was tasteless and I had the impression that it was pre-made somewhere else and delivered there earlier in the day. The mushrooms in the Chicken Marsala and the vegetables were obviously canned. Had much better meals in Army mess halls. The complimentary breakfast was typical.

Room Tip: Your choice of views is either the freeway or the UP Post office annex
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My grandson and I checked in at 2:30 a.m. after a long flight from Oregon. The room was very clean. The staff compassionate and very sweet. This hotel is more upscale than people realize and the location was safe. I would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I was in a room on the second floor. Very tired hotel, entry door beat up and needs painting, beds clean, carpet old, office chair torn. On the plus side, fairly spacious, good internet, breakfast ok. I would pass unless in a pinch.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family and I stayed at this Comfort for three days. The hotel is run down and in sad shape. The property is not maintained well on the outside nor inside. Upon arriving there were two columns of hundreds of ants climbing up the two main outdoor columns, the woman on duty said she would make a note however it did not appear anything was done with this infestation. Upon entering the room there was a musty odor (urine mixed dried carpet smell). We asked for another room but 'nothing was available'. We explained about the odor and were told that housekeeping would take care of the situation. On the second night we bought a wick solid to mask the odor. We had a 'king suite room' and discovered the cable for the TV ran across the room under the carpet which we stepped on especially in the evening. The bathroom door would not close entirely. The furniture in the room was cracked and there were stains on the fabric furniture. The elevator had several broken pieces including the 'chair-rail' metal bar. I brought this to the attention of the from desk several times. It was not fixed. There is a bus shuttle that runs about every 30 minutes from the hotel to the METRO station which was perhaps the most dangerous part of the trip. After seeing the DC sites we came from downtown to catch the shuttle back to the hotel. Tired, hot and ready to settle in the hotel we were crowded into the shuttle. There were five of us. My adult sons and my daughter-in-law. The driver said there's room in the back for them in the back. We thought there were seats 'back there' but as the driver got into his drivers seat, my sons and daughter-in-law had to sit in the location where the luggage normally sit. They said something but the driver took off before we could exit the van. They rode back to the hotel on the floor, without seatbelts, without air conditioning flow with a driver that took his passengers safety for granted. He was not only unsafe but rude and condescending during the trip. When we finally arrived at the hotel we exited out the back exit. There was a canopy of glass covering the exit. The glass above your head is broken and crushed. When we checked out of the hotel I explained all the situations to the clerk and was handed a comment card and were told to fill it out and drop it in the box. I feel that consumers need to get an accurate idea of this hotel. I hope this explanation here will alert others to the conditions of the hotel and the need for management/owners to get this property in better shape and make safety of the patrons who ride the shuttle to be aware of the dangerous conditions that exist. Please look elsewhere for a hotel that cares for its customers!

Room Tip: Before you actually get into your room, check it out and have alternative hotels in mind if the hote...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family