“Nothing but Great Things to Say!”

Residence Inn Arlington Ballston
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel while I was in town to take a class at Global Knowledge. First off, I must say that I was extremely impressed with the staff. I was checked in by Angel and having been new to the hotel he answered all of my questions, gave me great directions, and made sure I was aware of all the things the hotel had to offer. The hotel interior and exterior is beautiful. I was so impressed with my hotel room I felt like I was in a suite! It had a Keurig, I was beyond impressed and I'm not even a coffee drinker! I did try it out since I had it and couldn't help but want to use it. The room was so comfortable. Great set up. The only thing was the elevators are super slow and people don't have the courtesy to NOT slam their doors. The pool looked nice, the workout room was great, the continental breakfast was good, and they offer a light dinner. What's NOT to love about this hotel!!! For the location and the price, you cannot ask for better!!! I plan to bring my family back for a long weekend vacation because it was so wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Valerie T
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Ballston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We have nothing but great things to say about your kind review of our property! Our team is the heart of the hotel and Angel definitely is an example of our commitment to providing a memorable experience for everyone. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Arlington Ballston

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked a stay here for my parents when they visited, which turned out to be Valentine's Day weekend (sorry for the delayed praise!). When I arrived to check in for them and secretly deliver some champagne and snacks, the gentleman at reception (I believe his name is Angel) not only ensured that we received the desired room type, but helped us find an ice bucket for the champagne and switched out the pillows for the no-feather type. He went out of his way to make sure I was able to surprise my family and took great care of us. The hotel is new and the rooms were quite nice and well-decorated as well. Thank you to Angel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank crystalginger

Thank you for your kind words and it is wonderful to know that we helped contribute to a memorable Valentine’s Day. Angel is excited to know that his efforts resulted in such a positive experience and we will always do everything we can for our guests. Thank you again and see you and your parents on your next visit!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I just returned home from a two night stay at this hotel. I would like to first say that the room was spotless. I called earlier on my check-in day and spoke with Brendan who was great and gave me a room on an upper floor facing the city. Room 1008 had a beautiful view. We were exhausted when we arrived. When we got in bed, we were met with a blast of cold air from the vent, facing the bed, it was blowing in our faces and could not be adjusted. I called the desk to see if all the rooms have this issue and was told that yes they do. The girl I spoke with suggested turning the heat on! Really?? It was about 75 degrees out. We tried to put towels over it with limited success. The next day we got clips to fasten the towels and were able to sleep. Did anyone think of vent covers to divert the air down, away from the bed? I was so disappointed because I chose this hotel over a hotel in Shirlington, where we usually stay because of the trip advisor rating. This Marriott cost more and charged for parking. I am sorry that we did not stay in Shirlington. You have a beautiful property, and other than the woman who I spoke to at night, a great staff. FIX THE DARN VENTS!!

Room Tip: Higher floor facing east- bring your own equipment to cover the vent
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank gopattygo
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Ballston, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your review and for letting us know about the challenge you faced with the direction of the air flow. We have taken the proper steps to ensure that the vents have been adjusted, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I am happy to know that the other aspect of our property and staff met your expectations and that you felt comfortable with the cleanliness of the room. We do hope to have another opportunity to have you visit us on your next trip to Arlington so you can experience a memorable stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was such a great place to stay in at a cheap rate. We stayed in this hotel for a whole week during our most recent trip to see Washington DC and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of service we received. Nitesh a server in the buffet area was magnificent and a very industrious person. Always willing to help; lovely friendly attitude; always smiling and greeting customers even though some of the rude patrons don't even say hi or hello back. He was always positive. As a matter of fact, everybody that was preparing the breakfast and the social hour were all terrific- from top manager to all the servers - men and women the BEST service team that I have ever seen. They really boost up the Marriott brand for QUALITY.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are always great especially for the view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Randy L
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Ballston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

What an impressive review! Our entire team takes pride in the level of service we provide to all of our guests and we constantly search for ways to improve. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to provide you with another outstanding stay soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I work in this area and until this hotel opened up there really wasn't a good hotel to stay at in the area. The staff is excellent! Jonathan and the many others are very friendly and I really look forward to the visit. The only difficult part is the hotel seems to book up quickly so it is more difficult to get a room these days

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank klossau

Jonathan and the team are all excited to learn that they made an impression and were able to make your stay enjoyable. We are also happy to be your hotel of choice for all of your future visits. Thank you and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Spent two nights in a suite and loved it. After sight seeing all day, it was great to get back to this hotel. The staff is warm and friendly, and the hotel is top-notch. Morning breakfast included was adequate, and the people working there were efficient and friendly. Parking on-site was $15 per day. A little more than I like to pay, but the parking lot was convenient, clean, and well lit. Plenty of parking was available. A short hop on Eastbound interstate 66 puts you into Washington D.C. near the Capital Mall. Took longer to find parking than it did to drive there from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank oldduke07

We are all happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to DC and that we were able to contribute to your comfort. Thank you for writing such a nice review and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Residence Inn Ballston from Thursday to Saturday over the Memorial Day Weekend. This is a newer property that is very well appointed, and in a nice (not too busy) Ballston neighborhood. Restaurants within walking distance, with nice selection to choose from. Definitely not the selection in DC, but if you've had a long day of sightseeing, and need a place close to the hotel, you'll find something. Parking is underground, and very easy to get in and out of. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and patient, always taking the time to answer questions and give directions. When arriving, I was upgraded to a two bedroom, two bath suite. Room was very clean! I travel a lot and have seen my fair share of gross properties. This is not one of those. The room had plenty of space that could have fit up to 8 people. Pool on the 2nd floor is smaller, but serves the purpose well to take a quick dip after walking all day long. Breakfast area is clean and the food options were plenty. Within 8 - 10 minutes from Metro rail center, and once on the Metro, only about 15 minutes to the McPherson Square stop (close to the White House). I would stay here again, and highly recommend. Only good things to say about this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank M B

Thank you for your kind words and it is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location does offer many restaurants, shops and close proximity to the metro which as you mentioned makes us convenient for anyone traveling to DC. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.