There are several things that the hotel management can do in this hotel to make it up to the par of it's condition. It's a new, great looking hotel. Super ambiance. There are a few cons:
1. Front Desk. Yep I had to put this first because honestly they really don't even try. They have the classic 'you're cutting into my doing nothing time, so why are you here' attitude.
2. MINOR Upkeep. This one is more simple than it sounds. There is a trash can at the elevators on the 8th floor. Someone has taken some aggression out on it and it is badly dented. Large dents. I brought this to the front desk staff's attention and they were nice about it (for once) but did nothing to replace it. Yuck. Looked like the trash can belonged on the street corner somewhere, not in a nicely decorated new hotel. Doubt they'll do anything about it anytime soon.
3. Breakfast. Ok folks, Let's put a little more effort into the breakfast options, ok? Some bacon would be nice, for instance. Maybe potatos that taste like they have SOME seasoning. Just a little extra effort. Also, if you say you're going to be open for breakfast at 7, be set up at 7, don't still be bringing utentils out at 7:10. And let's retire the broken waffle machines please. Not fun to try and eat a rubbery waffle because you have no idea when to take the waffle out because the beeper is broken and you end up cooking the waffle way too long. And when you've got a full house down at breakfast please try and keep the OJ and apple juice machine filled so guests don't get WATER instead of juice when they push the little button.
4. Housekeeping staff. I actually should've put this higher up on the list because there were several issues: 1) some weird 'gel' caked on the otherwise PRISTINE CLEAN shower curtain. I was super bummed by that. Was about to call the shower curtain the cleanest I've ever seen in a hotel but then the gel stuff took that title away quick. 2) I used a glass from the kitchen and left in the bathroom area and the housekeeping staff left the used glass in the bathroom after they cleaned the room. HUH?! REALLY?! 3) After cleaning the room and making the bed they put my daughters stuffed animals on the floor instead of putting them back on the bed where they were when we left for dinner. Not cool.
5. Pool! There is apparently nothing they can do now about the ridiculously small size of the pool since this is how they built this hotel, BUT they could try to control what goes on in the pool and not let guests SUPER loud and super rowdy young kids run amuck through the small area. My daughter and I just left a couple times and didn't come back til it quieted down. UUUGGHHH!
Overall we probably won't come back to this hotel for these reasons and also because there are a few others in the area that we like and the suites are a bit bigger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set a pace that suits you at the Residence Inn by Marriott® Arlington Ballston. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. You'll thrive at Residence Inn with the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas. A fully equipped kitchen ready for your favorite cuisine. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Free Internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. And, two separate fitness centers for strengthening your body and soul. Relax and unwind when you want. And stay focused and productive when it's essential. At the Residence Inn Arlington Ballston, we'll make sure you thrive during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Arlington Ballston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.