“Enjoyable and interesting dining experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 870 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Child-friendly
Philadelphia
“Enjoyable and interesting dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Nice choice on the restaurant row in Crystal City. Interesting food choices, well seasoned and presented. I will be back.

Visited July 2014

Athens, Ohio
“Good Food, Little Warm Inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The food was very good. We had ordered a beef dish and the beef wat, however they switched us to chicken without telling us because I guess they did not want us to have two beef dishes. Interestingly the single bottle of Tej (Ethiopian Honey Wine) cost more than our two combined dinners of $30, so the price was reasonable. The only problem is that during the summer, the restaurant was quite hot inside so we had to move our seats close to the window on the upper patio to stay cool.

Having been to Ethiopia, I can attest that the food is quite good and authentic.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Harring10
Ashburn, Virginia
“Enjoyed the fiid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We like the enjera bread. Food tasted very good and the staff were very helpful in making selection. We loved the Ethiopian chicken dish well spiced and delicious.

Visited May 2014
Boise
“Excellent samplers and a pleasure for all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We ordered a meat sampler, Enjera special, and a vegetarian sampler. My very picky 13 year old - who had never eaten Ethiopian food- really liked it. My scared 11 year old eater was able to find multiple items on the sampler plate that he liked. My wife, older daughter and I all loved it. The service was excellent. Best meal we had on our trip. We would gladly eat here on every visit to town.

Hawaii
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I enjoy many different types of food. However, on Maui, that usually just means the typical Asian, Italian, Mexican.So we were very happy on a recent trip to the Washington DC/ Arlington area because of the great variety of foods we could get there. Our first meal on this trip was to Enjera and it was excellent. We shared an order of Dyrek Tisbi (I hope this is spelled correctly) and a vegetable sampler.

Both were very good though the Dyrek Tisbi was slightly overcooked but tasty none the less.

These two entrees plus a 1/2 carafe of wine came to a total of $46. I would happily have gone back again but there were just so many other restaurants to try.

• Visited May 2014