“REAL Greek!!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“REAL Greek!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

If you want genuine, authentic Greek this is the place! The best Greek salad in the Washington area! A real meal! Mixed greens, generous black olives & blocks of tangy feta, and absolutely the BEST dressing I've ever had!

On rare occasions when I don't get the salad, grilled chicken is terrific, roast lamb, chops, kebabs the same. All seasoned well, not overpowered, and not over salted.

I've taken numerous friends here over the years (we've been going here about 15+years) and the high quality and terrific food have never faltered.

Visited March 2014

“great food for the price”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just finished dinner at this place. Was in Crystal City on business and was looking for a place within walking distance of the Marriott Gateway.
First, if you are looking for atmosphere, this is not the place. But for a nice family-owned restaurant experience with good food and decent prices, this is it. Only 3 beers, no draft available. I had a Mythos (Greek beer....not the greatest but drinkable). Older gentleman served as my waiter...went over the specials for the evening and I went with the pork chops (2). I also had a greek salad (~$5). Things were brought out in a timely manner...perhaps 15 minutes. The chops were hot and very juicy...like they literally just came off the grill. Served with mashed potatoes and broccoli and bread. Seasoning was perfect....did not need salt or anything else. $16.95 and worth every penny. I decided to go with baklava for desert (~$5). The piece was pretty massive...it must have weighed close to a pound. Drizzled with honey and tasted absolutely incredible. The final bill was $35.
I recommend this place. I'm not sure of how good their traditional greek entrees are, but what I had was great and expect the rest of the menu is equally as good. I would go there again.

• Visited February 2014
Lovingston, Virginia
“You can't read a book by its cover”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We were looking for some authentic non-franchise food near a recent hotel stay in Northern Virginia and my wife found this on-line.

When we pulled up in the rain and dark this restaurant didn't look like much.

Inside, however, was a beehive of friendly staff and wonderful smells. The interior is charming, the service is gracious, and the food is...spectacular.

Our dinner at Athena Pallas felt like an evening in Europe, and we are still talking about our meal choices.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank James B
Honolulu, Hawaii
“A nice variation”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

During a business trip in Crystal City I read about Athena Pallas on TripAdvisor and decided to try it. Overall it was pretty good; a nice change-up from the other dining venues in the area. I ordered the greek salad and moussaka. The salad was large enough for two and had all the Greek elements (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, purple onions, kalamata olives, feta). The moussaka was tasty; the included sides of rice, carrots and green beans were so-so. Service and prices were reasonable. The main course was brought out before the salad and I had to ask them to take it back to keep it warm. I asked for the salad dressing on the side but it was delivered mixed-in. Atmosphere was quiet and condusive to conversation. While I was there I saw many repeat customers come in (as evidenced through their conversation with the staff), so it seems to be popular with the locals.

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I'm a flight attendant and I've had quite a few DCA layovers this month. I love to search out great places to eat. Athena Pallas kept showing up with great reviews so I went last night and I discovered a gem! I went early and there were a few tables, I had the waiter suggest his favorites and went with them. Food was excellent and I loved the atmosphere. By the end of dinner the place had filled up with all types of people. Walking distance from the hotels nearby. Go- it's great!

2 Thank jeepinmudgirl