“Great location, great ambiance, BUT”

Ireland Four Courts
Reserve with OpenTable
Ireland Four Courts is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 880 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Courthouse Metro is opposite the restaurant
New England
“Great location, great ambiance, BUT”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stopped by for lunch with my daughter. Great location, and a nice atmosphere. Everything was fine UNTIL I got their "house special" Shepard's Pie. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE shepherd's pie. Order it ever time I get a chance. So I was really shocked. It consisted of some sort of meat "mush" under a layer of mashed potatoes. No peas, no onions, no carrots, no spices (that I could taste anyway) NOTHING but (what looked to me) a soupy hamburger helper. And the attitude of the wait staff? Oh well, thats what we serve.....

To be fair, I did sample the chicken pot pie and lamb stew that my tablemates ordered and they were excellent... But oh my, the Pie......

• Visited July 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Great food, great service, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love this place. I came here during the huge blizzard in February, and my friends and I stayed for almost four hours. The food is satisfying and comfortable, as is the restaurant itself; live music that doesn't burst your eardrums and a dark, but welcoming set of wood booths. Between the four of us, we ordered almost everything on the menu before we left, and each round was better than the last. Creamy soups and stews filled with tender chunks of meat. Excellent meal and excellent memories. Great place!

• Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stopped by twice in the past week...”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The location is great and they offer traditional Irish fare. Live music and outdoor [smoking] seating is also a plus. The outdoor seating is best for conversation when the live music is going on inside.

• Visited June 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great food, lots of fun”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

As usual, the food was quite good. People is kind and professional. Suggestions are Always in the interest of doing the best for you and not only for your Money. Great place to dinner.

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average Irish pub”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped for a late lunch, food was about average priced and was pretty good. Nothing amazing but I would go again. We got the Mac n cheese with corned beef and the fish and chips. With 1 beer the tab came to about 30