“Interesting Mexican Dishes from fijitas to traditional tacos” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #90 of 870 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colorado Springs, CO
“Interesting Mexican Dishes from fijitas to traditional tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

If you are looking for imiginitive Mexican dishes along with the typical standards, then this is it! This neighborhood restaurant is one of my favorites. They serve outstanding Mexican food that ranges from fajitas to many traditional Mexican standards. Their Carne Asada is fantastic. My favorite dish is a sampler plate of five different tacos. The one with the tender juicy pork is my favorite. Save room for dessert. They have outstanding churros and sopapillas. Service has always been excellent and I have never had trouble getting a table, but they do tend to fill up in the evenings. Highly recommended!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My fiancee and I come here all the time. The staff is so wonderful and personable. The food is excellent. When friends come in from out of town, we always take them here for great food and lots of drinks... lots of drinks. I recommend Guajillo quite often. It's a great place.

• Visited January 2014
Detroit Metro, MI
“Excellent Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were staying at a local hotel and found this restaurant close by. We went on a Wednesday evening so it was not busy and service was pretty much immediate but not high pressure. Food was served fast and hot (temperature). We had 6 people and some had special requests to their particular meals. The waiter got every order correct. The food was very well made and portions were normal sized with the exception of the burittos (they were huge). If we hapen to be in Arlington again we will definitely make a stop.

Annandale, Virginia
“Solid Mexican food--and mole!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

A Bolivian native referred us to this restaurant. Good cocktails that aren't overly cloying, decent ceviche (although I would love to see a variety of seafood in it), flavorful salsa and tasty tortilla chips (both thin because both are homemade and neither come from a jar/package), solid entrees, and solid desserts. We were happy to find a place in the DC area that actually has real mole sauce. Not the absolute best we've ever had, but certainly solid and certainly the best we've had in DC. Good rice, beans, pico de gallo, and beets on the side.

The American in me wanted chocolate dipping sauce with my churros rather than a bit of chocolate poured onto my plate, but I understand how dipping chocolate can turn a churro into a vehicle for chocolate rather than an appreciated dessert onto itself. The churros themselves were moist in the middle and just sweet enough.

Good service as well, and one of the happiest and most delightful waiters we've encountered in a while.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Being from out of town, we went to this restaurant upon recommendation from friends. Unfortunately, the evening we visited, this establishment did not live up to the reviews. All four meals (enchiladas of various types) were served lukewarm and almost dried out. The salsa was really runny, however the chips were delicious. I would not return to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013