“Best Thai food in town!”

Thai Noy Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 941 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a local favorite for us. The best Thai food. Excellent service. In the summer the deck is a wonderful outdoor dining experience. This is a restaurant that will never let you down.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

A friend and I walked from her house to this lovely place in Westover last night. It was an unseasonably pleasant evening, so we asked to sit outside on the very full patio. It was a tight space, but not physically uncomfortable. As the evening progressed, however, the close proximity to others meant over-hearing every word of one family's conversations, being serenaded by multiple rounds of "Let it Go" by the little girls next to us, and tolerating a bit of profanity from the young women gathered at the table just behind us. We understand that this is part of an outdoor dining experience, and were not troubled by it, but it is worth mentioning that this is a neighborhood dining establishment and that means lots of variety in close quarters.

We ordered fresh spring rolls, which were delightful, and perfect on a summer's evening. The sauce was different from other peanut sauces I have had in the past, thinner and less peanut-buttery. Very good! My companion ordered Tofu Royal, which arrived fresh with a steaming bowl of rice. I ordered Massaman Curry with chicken, which had just a hint of spice to it. Next time I will ask for a bolder version. All food items were done to perfection; carrots and onions were sweet and tender, not raw and crunchy, and the tofu was fried fast enough not to retain a surplus of oil. Very pleasant summer dinner.

To top this off, the service was delightful. The waitstaff was friendly but not hovering, and in spite of a very busy crowd, they all managed to cover their duties with care and attention. We spoke with the owner who noted that one of the waiters was just working for a couple of days, the son of a friend who was home from college temporarily. I find it refreshing that a business owner would reach out to help a student bridge the time between semesters and give an opportunity to earn a little money, even though it would be temporary.

Support your local business owner and eat at Thai Noy!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Great selection of authentic Thai food. Very friendly place. Good value . Love their fresh spring rolls, in particular. Our "go to " place for Thai.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We have eaten here often over the years and have never been disappointed. Good food and a good value with great service included - all for the same price. At peak times it can get a bit noisy inside but not in a bad way, more like in a "families enjoying each others company" way. We go often and try out their menu - one of our favorites is the Lovers Scampi.

1  Thank GardenerDave
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have spent three months in Thailand over the years and have never found a better Thai restaurant in the states! We showed up last night with 15 people and they managed to get our whole group together outside without a problem. The food was outstanding and one of the dishes was a bit to spicy for my Aunt who asked if they could return it for a more mild dish. They cranked another out ASAP and much to her delight. I love this place and it's usually my first or second place I eat when I come home to visit.

1  Thank TacoBelljr