“Great spot”

Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A fixture of the Fort Myer Heights neighborhood for over 35 years providing a relaxed atmosphere perfect for family dining or just catching up with old friends. Most notably known for our seasonal Maryland Blue Crab feast and cold beer, we also serve a wide variety of classic American and Seafood fare year round. Stop on by and join us for some crabs!!
Tauranga
“Great spot”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This was recommended by our driver (this can be dodgy) but turned out to be a good choice. The place was crowded, but we got an outside table. It was freezing cold, but the big gas heaters did the trick. There was some kind of charity deal going on so we took advantage of that and got some free drinks and cheaper meals. They specialise in seafood here and some of the surrounding tables had the famous crab feast which was a mountain of crab and looked awesome. Good service for such a busy place.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank diver201

Holbrook, New York, United States
“Great tasting Crabs”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Long wait but staff very apologetic. Kids had fun eating crabs, food was tasty and a short walk from our hotel.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kathy C
Manchester, New Hampshire
“great crab legs!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Picked this restaurant due to reviews online and it was worth it. After an afternoon at Arlington National Cemetery, this was less than a 5 minute drive. Overall it is a small bar/dive restaurant feel. We also did not call ahead and were not able to sit outside, which we were hoping for, but we came for the food, not the picnic table feel. Overall, everyone in my family was happy with their seafood, chowder, etc. All very tasteful. There was a huge party (25+) which delayed our meal by about 15-20 minutes, waiting about 30+ in between the apps and meal. The staff was gracious, kept the drinks coming and kept apologizing for the delay. From hearing the other waitresses, the large party was a handful, and giving the poor girls a hard time. Overall, I would recommend the food, especially if you love crabs. Worth the trip.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank colleend24
Calgary, Canada
“Maryland crabs, yum!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a great find, advertised as one of the best places for boiled crabs, it sure did live up the advertising. Great boiled crabs, be sure you call ahead and reserve enough. Really well done. Great staff and fun atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank tlhoooper
Round Hill, Virginia
“Crabs were great, service not so much”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a reservation and we were seated quickly. We ordered appetizers and decided on what size crabs to get. Fried clams were just okay. I've had equally good from a frozen box in my freezer. Mussels were much better but not great.

Our waitress was completely overwhelmed. She was all over the place and I kinda felt bad for her. They dropped off our clams and mussels but no plates, silverware or napkins. Eventually I got up and went to where they keep that stuff and got it myself. No one questioned me at all while I was digging through their stuff looking for plates.

Crabs came. We got jumbos and they were great! They dump them in the middle of the table and left a bucket for the shells. Perfect. Old Bay and vinegar are at the table when you sit down which is good. We had to ask three times for butter and it took about 20 minutes to get it. Same with refills on drinks. Napkins I just got on my own since I knew where they kept them.

We sat outside. It was nice out so it was a good evening to do so but the only view is of an apartment building and it's balconies. Scenic it is not.

There are a lot of tables outside and they are close together so expect to have people bumping into you the entire time as they try to squeeze past to get to other tables. They even put tables in the parking lot which I have never seen before. I wouldn't want to sit out there so if they tell you on the phone you can sit in the parking lot, they are not joking. Odd.

I would go again for the crabs but probably do take out.

• Visited July 2014