“Excellent, easy going atmosphere, jeans and t-shirt acceptable”
Review of Kabob Palace

Kabob Palace
Ranked #45 of 878 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Afghani
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
California, Maryland
“Excellent, easy going atmosphere, jeans and t-shirt acceptable”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Flatware is plastic with paper plates. The menu is limited. The tables are pretty much bus your own. But the Naan is outstanding, the meats are cooked perfectly, The vegetables have the right about of spice. I loved coming here after work when I could take off my tie and just sit down to a good meal.

• Visited January 2014

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Boylston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Afghan food”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

There are 2 Kabob Palace Restaurants very close to each other and owned by the same person. They both are named Kabob Palace. The basic difference is that only one has a buffet which is the one I visited. Words to describ3 it---excellent food, great variety, very tasty rice and meats, etc. The buffet runs every day until 6pm; however, you can order off the menu also. The buffet price is $10.50 which is a bargain. And the fresh warm bread is outstanding. Don't pass this one up if you are in the Arlington, VA. area.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Les F
Cleveland, Ohio
“Rude, over priced, just plane terrible!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

These guys are terrible. Unbelievably rude and unfriendly. Over priced, bad value.

I visited Kabob Place on Friday, July 18th. I was visiting DC for a 4 day conference, staying across the street at the Hilton Hotel Crystal City. I had never been there before, so I had a few questions about the menu. I asked like 2 or 3 questions. DON"T ASK THEM QUESTIONS! They do not want to hear questions. Just order and shut up. Rude is not a strong enough word for these guys.

Not a good value. It was expensive and over priced for what you get. Also, the food was very spicy/hot and not a lot of flavor. Chicken was dry and over cooked. I got the okra for my vegetable and it was so over cooked it was like a slimy mush.

I went there once and did not go back. Would never go back again. Avoid this place. Spend your money somewhere else in DC.

• Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Ate here 4 of 4 days”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Found the Kabob Palace on Yelp while staying at the Crystal City Marriott. The first visit I had the chicken kabobs which were very tender, seasoned and a nice char-grill flavor. The naan bread was freshly made large warm and tasty. I had the spinach and rice my first day also had the chickpeas, lentils on two of my four consecutive visits. A favorite of mine is haleem which they only serve on weekends, I had it Saturday for lunch, taste was perfect, only which they could skim off the oil as it settles on the top. Multiple awards are posted on the walls and I can see why this place is tops on my list. Also open 24 hours, small, and busy at times.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank John W
Los Angeles, California
“Great food!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Wow, everything was really good here! This place is super close to where my sister lives and this was the first thing she recommended to me. There was a bit of a line to order but I got the food in about 30 min or so. The wait wasn't too bad I guess. All in all, whenever I'm back in DC, I will definitely be back here! I really enjoyed the food here.

• Visited May 2014