“JFK grave visit”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“JFK grave visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I visited the JFK grave site while in Arlington. The graves of Robert and Edward are near by. Silence is expected at the site as a sign of respect. It was worth the visit to see something I had only viewed on television.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Columbia, South Carolina
770 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 560 helpful votes
“An unfortunately-timed steam cleaning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

To get to the Kennedy Grave Site we walked each and every step of the long, long, long stairway leading down from the Arlington House. I paid the price for this in the form of a very sore knee, the one with a not-quite-healed-yet meniscus tear. Clearly, I should have taken the less steeply pitched route to the site. Another item for my burgeoning Don’t Do It Again list. You can imagine my dismay when we arrived at the Kennedy Grave Site and found it temporarily closed for steam cleaning. Unfortunate timing, indeed. We waited a good while and were finally able to make a close approach, but the site was quickly flooded by several gaggles of bussed-in students who had queued up during the delay. Access to the nearby grave markers of the other Kennedy kinfolk was unobstructed, so we paused along the walk to pay our respects before heading off to visit the Tomb of the Unknowns.

Visited April 2014
Ecru, Ms
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very emotional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I learned so much during my tour to Arlington Cemetery. I never knew that Jackie Kennedy had one miscarriage. The babe is buried next to her son John Jr. her and President Kennedy.

Visited April 2014
Darmstadt, Germany
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“That was the reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was the reason to visit the States and DC...I mean the Arlington Cementary. That was all I want to see...JKF´s Grave

Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Unique Site”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Well-done site, easy to get to, interesting quotations on wall, unique view of Washington DC. This should be on every visitors list.

Visited May 2014