Le Meridien Arlington
US$259
Renaissance Hotels
  • Room Service
US$127
Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$188
US$271
  • Breakfast included
US$175
US$151
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
EconoLodge
US$153
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$139
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$160
Travelocity
All reviewsamuse restaurantkey bridgefront deskfourth floorroom servicethe rosslyn metro stationshort walk to georgetownself parkingacross the bridgem streetpotomac riverhotel restaurantupgraded to a suitebusiness areahotel guestshotel is beautifulrooms are nice
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Well, I gave this hotel another shot last month,and I'm beginning to feel like I'm talking to a wall.

To begin on a high note, the things I appreciated before are still great: location, people, etc. however, much to my schigrin, the same ellipticals that were broken last visit were STILL BROKEN! This is completely unacceptable. The gym needs major work to qualify for a three star hotel gym.

Also, I find it incredibly cheap that they only offer communal shows products. I could care less if it is "green." I, and I think most guests, find this practice quite gross- and very cheap. (Side note:why do hotels use "green" to cover their cheapness???)

Finally, the restaurant was still quite good- although, I wish they would stay nope a bit later!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This is like many hotels in the Arlington Area. Nice, clean, near Metro, Convenient to DC, Georgetown. Nothing really special however. Check in is not on the first floor. You need to take an elevator to the lobby, not a big deal. The gym is adequate but small. No pool. Because this is a business area, prices on the weekend are reasonable.
The problem I had was that I like to self park so that I don't have to wait for the valet. They advertise self parking but the parking is owned by someone else so if you do self park, there is no in-out privileges. Every time you take out your car, you have to pay, and then get another ticket and pay again if you use it more than once in a day. All the hotels I have stayed at that have self parking allow unlimited in/outs. But they really don't have their own parking so you are stuck with the valet. The building is a mixed use with condos and a hotel. Worth it if you get a good price but nothing special. We got a free breakfast with our stay and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AKK
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The location of the Le Meridien is excellent. It is located near the Rosslyn metro station which provides easy access to Washington, DC. Going to the hotel from Reagan Airport was also very easy via the metro system.

The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The view was also fantastic too; the view we had was of Georgetown. Sleeping was no problem as the beds were quite comfortable. However, the bathroom was a little bit on the small side. The small bathroom was not much of a problem though. There was a combined shower and bath in our bathroom. I was not a fan of the sliding door though since it cannot lock.

Overall, the Le Meridien Arlington was a great choice. It was nice to stay outside of Washington, DC, but also have easy access to it. I would recommend the Le Meridien to anyone that wants a nice comfortable stay outside of Washington.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank arthursiew
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Arthursiew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Happy to know that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington. Please see us again soon.

Allan

Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed here for a recent quick getaway to DC on Sat/Sun nights. It was very reasonably priced on the weekend. The hotel was a bit difficult to find since it shares a building with a expensive condos and so the hotel tries to keep a low profile. For the weekend, self-parking was $12 a day and valet was $18 (plus tips of course). The parking garage is really set up for valet though, with most of the cars triple-parked, and if you self-park, they may require you to leave a key with the valet anyways in case they need to move your car.

The lobby for the hotel is on the 4th floor and there is no direct elevator to the rooms. And no direct elevator from the parking garage to the lobby. So if you self-park, that is three elevator rides to get from car to room. Luckily we just parked when we arrived and didn't go back to the car, so it wasn't a problem.

The rooms are nice and modern as expected. Bedding is fine, there is a safe and a desk with power outlets, and an iPhone dock. The bathroom door is a bit odd, sliding into the wall and not having any kind of lock. The showerhead was rain-style and lots of hot water, although I prefer more pressure. The pump bottles for shower gel/shampoo/conditioner seem a bit chintzy for this level of hotel, although the products were quite nice with asian fragrances.

The staff was very nice. The front desk gave very helpful restaurant advice and directions, and everyone we ran into greeted us kindly. Only knock was that we had to go back and ask for our included breakfast coupons, and I would expect that to be handled during check-in.

As mentioned, we used a AAA rate to get included full breakfasts, which were quite nice. On the weekend it was a full buffet, and on Monday morning it was ala carte service with the free breakfast being a standard American eggs + meat breakfast. They were very nice and accommodating of my vegetarian girlfriend and made her a mushroom omelette as a substitute, which we really appreciated.

The location of the hotel was pretty great. The main shopping street in Georgetown really is just a 10-15 minute walk across the bridge. The Circulator bus also runs from Arlington into Georgetown if the walk is too much. The Metro station is indeed right across the street from the hotel, although it's kind of diagonal and up a ways so it ends up being a five minute walk. Staying in Georgetown proper would have other trade-offs like no close Metro, so this Arlingon location is a good compromise.

I would definitely stay here again, although at full weekday prices there may be better options in DC proper.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smackfu
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear Smackfu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We are all excited to hear that you enjoyed your weekend getaway at the Le Meridien Arlington and we exceeded your expectations. We look forward having you again soon.

Allan

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Annoys me when +$300 hotels also insist on a $10 daily charge for in-room wifi. Later in the review I'll explain how to beat that system.

I enjoyed my 4 night stay at this hotel. The fittings are nice, plush. The bed very very comfortable and the pillows exceptional.

I didn't try any of the inhouse dining options. Instead I was eating out across the road which had a range of Chop't, Cosi, Starbucks, McD and many more.

The room annoyed me a little. To get the lights to work, requires a visit to each light fitting. There is no master switch, or at least, not that I could find.

The bathroom has quite a small sink. The sink area does not have an immediate area at which to place toiletries. See photo. Instead they have a separate free standing arrangement for hair dryer, towels, washers and cups.

The room servicing was inconsistent. Some days they would forget to replace my coffee bags, other days the bed making would be mediocre and another day they forgot to replace the soap at the sink. All minor things by themselves, just annoying.

Now, if you would like free wifi at this venue, I suggest you follow this proven method which worked for my mobile device and my laptop.

a) Go to Hotel lobby where they actually do have free hotel wifi. Access that hotspot (Lemeridian_lobby), accept the terms and conditions. Access a webpage or service.

b) Catch the lift back to your floor.

c) Immediately upon exiting the lift, change to the hotspot (lemeridian) for the rooms. Reload a webpage.

d) at this stage, I was granted access to the same services as on the free lobby wifi.

I hope that works for you too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business