“Convenient location”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed at the Le Meridien Arlington when I returned to D.C. to visit friends in March 2013. Because I am a light sleeper, the hotel was able to accomodate my request for a quieter room facing the back of the hotel. The rooms were modern and clean, yet a bit on the smaller end for a property in Arlington. Service was pretty standard for this newly-minted Starwood property. My only complaints about the hotel are with regards to the common use shampoo/bath amenities in the restroom (in big dispensers) which I found a bit unsanitary. I was also irked with communication issues with housekeeping. The room next to us had requested an additional roll of toilet paper at 5am on a Sunday morning, yet housekeeping mistakenly delivered that roll to my room and woke me up. I made my complaint known to the reception desk, yet the person on call shrugged it off.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. The hotel does its job well as a jumping pad to all the sights and commercial clusters in D.C. and Northern Virginia. While this hotel wouldn't be my first choice on my next trip (I would opt for another Starwood property), I would return if the quoted rate represented good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
William D, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Uaflyer18,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad that your overall experience was good. I am sorry to hear about the issue you had with housekeeping. I hope that you can give us another opportunity next time you are in the Washington DC area. Please reach out to me next time you are planning on returning, 703-351-9170.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I loved staying at Le Meridien Arlington. The experience was great! All the hotel staff was exceptional. James did a wonderful job checking me in and helping me with questions I had.
The rooms had comfortable beds and superb views out the windows.
I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

Dirk

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dirk S

Good Evening Dirk,

Thanks for taking time to share your experience at Le Meridien Arlington! I am glad James and our staff helped you have such a wonderful stay. Please come back and see us again next time you are in the Washington DC area.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I've stayed at Le Meridien before but I was in town while their restaurant Amuse had its weekly Brazilian Jazz on its terrace. Such an amazing atmopshere. But it gets better! Special BBQ menu to go along with the happy hour, so it heightens the experience. I had the Kobe beef sliders that were the best I've ever had. Just the right amount with perfect seasoning, and a little carrot salad on the side. Hats off to the BBQ Mistress Foozia. Don't miss this treat on Thursdays, if you are anywhere nearby the area! Service very good but slow, so just sit back and relax. :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
William D, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear ultraLauren,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback at Le Meridien Arlington. I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Wednesday night Brazilian Jazz and BBQ on Amuse's Terrace. I'm glad the staff and Foozia were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to having you back next time you are in the Washington DC area.

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

My wife, 2 yr old daughter and I stayed for 1 night during the week. It's a very nice hotel, great location, and very nice lobby/restaurant. It's a boutique, so it's not very kid friendly, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Wasn't great for us, but it was 1 night. There's no vending aside from the mini bar, so unless you only want peanuts or a cliff bar you need to head out. Parking is 30/night (average for the area) and a bit misleading. The directions on where to park are clear, but I was stopped by one of the attendants in the morning to move my car bc they wanted it for residents. I was parked right beside a sign for the right level, but he told me the sign was wrong and I needed to move down a level. No huge deal, but irritating. As far as everyone's confusion regarding the elevators, it's not bad. From the parking deck, remember to go to level 1. There is no sign outside telling you that, but its the sensible choice. From there you do see a sign saying to go in, and then another saying to take the elevator to the lobby. Not hard to figure out but I did run into some confused people. I thought the bathroom was nice, and rooms were large, so it had what we needed. (FYI, our view from our room was a wall, lol) still a decent stay, but not a long term or option for families in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Evan828,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue in the parking garage. While a boutique hotel, we are still family friendly. We look forward to having you back next time you're in the Washington DC area.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The room was clean and the front desk helpful. The front desk staff Adeel was very friendly and professional. It is hard to find the lobby of the Hotel but once we were there we were greeted with big smiles and a warm welcome. Not the usual in a big city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Amitintoronto,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and Adeel exceeded your expectations. Please come and visit us again.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel is situated on a busy street, but once you head inside the hotel a pleasant quietness is noticeable. The entrance is a bit unconventional but it provides good security. Upon entering the building you are directed to an elevator that goes only to the 4th floor, to the front desk. After checking in you are directed to another elevator that goes to the rooms. We found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. Common areas and rooms were clean. Loved having 3 newspapers offered each day - USA Today, NY Times, and Washington Post. Parking is easy - valet or self parking - both options rather pricey but you are in the city. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Deegi,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found and hotel clean and comfortable. When you travel brings you back in Arlington, please come and visit us again.
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Great place to stay when visiting DC! Close to the Rosslyn metro station and just a short walk across the Key bridge to Georgetown. Beautifully decorated boutique style hotel. Very clean! Friendly staff! Great atmosphere! Abut pricy but worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Potomac River