“great hotel for price paid”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My flight was delayed 18 hours so had to find a hotel close to Reagan Airport. I picked the Le Meridien to try something new. Got a great rate and great room. Fast WIFI. Very comfortable bed (maybe better that Westins) - plug by the bed for charging. AC got cold for good night sleep. Coffee in the room was Wolfgang Pucks - could not finish it.

All the staff seemed polite. I took hotel towncar back to airport for $20 dollars. I think the cab the night before was $17. I think I like this better than Shearaton Crystal city for DCA delays.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Wes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Meridien Arlington. I am glad our hotel was able to accomodate you during your flight delay. We hope to have you back next time you are in the Washington DC area. Thanks, William

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I lived in Rosslyn/Arlington years ago, so knew what a convenient area it is, but was not familiar with the hotel until I booked it for a small group reunion. The group sales staff was efficient, helpful and responsive. And the rooms (first time in years I didn't need earplugs to sleep), lounge and restaurant were all fantastic. Our group gathered on Friday night for the complimentary wine happy hour, and there were plenty of places for us to sit and catch up. We especially loved the terrace. Two nights, no complaints, but... I sure do wish the restaurant was open later on Saturday night. Our group ended up at McDonald's for dessert because we couldn't get food at the hotel's restaurant past 10:00 or so.

Finally, a special thank you to the bell staff, who let me park a broken rented bicycle in the luggage room until the company could come pick it up.

Room Tip: Avoid low floor rooms over the utility unit.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Fromtheheart,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Meridien Arlington. I am happy to hear that our hotel was perfect for your class reunion and your stay was fantastic. Please come and visit us again. Thank you. William

Reviewed 24 June 2013

After a flight delay that was going to keep me DC another night, I found this place on my HotelTonight app for $83. Every place else in town was over $200. For that price, the room was awesome. Comfortable bed in a stylish hotel that was a short walk from the Metro. If I had paid full price, I might have been disappointed by the view of the roof from my room. But I just wanted a clean and comfortable place to sleep and head back to the airport in the morning. Check-in was a breeze with no wait. While I'm not a fan of the dispensers in the shower for shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel, it wasn't that bad. But I always worry that someone could tamper with it. If I find myself in a travel jam again, I'd pick this place. If you're visiting DC though, I'd pick something in the District.

Room Tip: Hit the CVS that's a block away beforehand to get bottled water and avoid the hotel markup.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Zack1520
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Zach1520,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I am glad our hotel was able to meet your expecations while dealing with your flight delay. Please come back and stay with us again next time you're in the Washington DC area.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great location for our college visits to Georgetown Univeristy, George Washington University and Marymount University. Room are so nice and clean and stylish. Beds very comfortable. Self park for 1 day worked fine $17. Fitness center really nice. Used the Metro to get to Foggy Bottom, only 1 stop away from the Roselyn station. McD's just a step away for a quick eat. Cosi was even closer with fresh food.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank suzieq63

Dear Suzieq63,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Meridien Arlington. Our location does make it easy to get to all the colleges in the area. Please come back and see us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in Arlington right off of Routes 50 and 66. There is a metro stop a few blocks away and plenty of dining options.

The hotel itself is clean, modern, and comfortable. I was upgraded to an Executive King Room that had a huge jetted tub. I was on the 6th floor right by the elevator facing the street and did not hear any elevator or street noise for the three nights I was there.

When leaving or coming back to the hotel I was always greeted by the front desk or other staff members. Check-in was painless and I experienced no issues during my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
William D, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Vrundmc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Meridien Arlington. Happy to hear you enjoyed the upgrade We look forward to having you back next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed at the Le Meridien Arlington when I returned to D.C. to visit friends in March 2013. Because I am a light sleeper, the hotel was able to accomodate my request for a quieter room facing the back of the hotel. The rooms were modern and clean, yet a bit on the smaller end for a property in Arlington. Service was pretty standard for this newly-minted Starwood property. My only complaints about the hotel are with regards to the common use shampoo/bath amenities in the restroom (in big dispensers) which I found a bit unsanitary. I was also irked with communication issues with housekeeping. The room next to us had requested an additional roll of toilet paper at 5am on a Sunday morning, yet housekeeping mistakenly delivered that roll to my room and woke me up. I made my complaint known to the reception desk, yet the person on call shrugged it off.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. The hotel does its job well as a jumping pad to all the sights and commercial clusters in D.C. and Northern Virginia. While this hotel wouldn't be my first choice on my next trip (I would opt for another Starwood property), I would return if the quoted rate represented good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Uaflyer18,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad that your overall experience was good. I am sorry to hear about the issue you had with housekeeping. I hope that you can give us another opportunity next time you are in the Washington DC area. Please reach out to me next time you are planning on returning, 703-351-9170.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I loved staying at Le Meridien Arlington. The experience was great! All the hotel staff was exceptional. James did a wonderful job checking me in and helping me with questions I had.
The rooms had comfortable beds and superb views out the windows.
I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

Dirk

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dirk S

Good Evening Dirk,

Thanks for taking time to share your experience at Le Meridien Arlington! I am glad James and our staff helped you have such a wonderful stay. Please come back and see us again next time you are in the Washington DC area.