“Really pleasantly surprised!”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Was visiting a friend in DC and the hotels in DC were a little too expensive so stayed here instead and WOW. I don't know how I lucked out on a rate ($112 for a Saturday night). If I ever get that rate again I'll definitely be back. First of all- James at the checkin desk was awesome. The checkin experience was swift. The hotel is trendy but not pretentious. My rate included breakfast and it was delicious but the restaurant staff lacked some coordination. I found the hotel room clean and comfortable. Basic wi-fi was free. That was a nice surprise. Hotel was an easy 5 minute walk to the Rosslyn metro which was also a big plus for deciding on this hotel. Can't comment on the parking experience. Overall, I was one very pleased traveler.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you Ali E for the wonderful comments about your visit to the L eMeridien and the WoW service you received. I am very happy that you had such a great visit and will look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Arlington

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed for two nights in connecting rooms. Although the rooms were not what I booked, we were fine with the changes since we had 7 people (3 kids, 7 being the oldest). The driveway is very small, valet costs 18 per day but you can pull out your car as much as you like. Self parking is 5 dollars every time you pull out your car. If you don't pull out your car, then it's much cheaper to be in self or even if you pull out your car once a day. Once you walk in, you take an elevator to the 4th floor which is the lobby. Check in was fine. Went to dinner at 8pm on a Friday. Only one other table of two was eating. Wait staff is not friendly but yet professional. He always seemed to be busy. Not sure with what but the food was mediocre at best anyway. My son's steak which was ordered medium came out well done. The spaghetti and meatball didn't have enough sauce and was flavorless. My kids eat anything yet they turned away the food. Next morning, we had free breakfast vouchers. Only one other table occupied and the food wasn't good. You can see why the place is empty. Bathrooms are a little small but ok. The rooms were clean. The bed wasn't a heavenly bed. It was ok but my wife wished for the pillows. The bathroom tub has a built in shampoo, conditioner, and body gel pump system. The body gel doesn't pump well so I thought it was broken but our connecting room bathroom had the same issue. I assume it's to save on body gel. Like the toilet paper dispenser that is hard to get the toilet paper out. Across the street, there is a deli and further up the block, you have a Starbucks, salad place, burrito, and a mcdonalds. Very convenient to go to Georgetown since all you have to do is basically cross the bridge. The basin is about a ten minute drive. The car was always quick to come out when I called for it from my room. No pool and they charge 9.99 a day for internet but you can connect up to 6 devices for the same charge.

Room Tip: The rooms start from the 6th floor up to 12. We had a rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cuzzzz, thank you very much fior sharing your comments with and for choosing the Le Meridien. Please accept my apologies if we fell short and rest assured we will be glad to address the issues you mentioned. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be glad to help.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was the first time I had stayed at this property and I have to say, it was really a pleasant surprise. My son lives in Arlington, so this was fairly close by and easy for him to swing by to pick me up, and a huge step-up from the Residence Inn I had previously stayed at close to his apartment. Since I was here just for the weekend, street parking was easy, as the hotel is located in the business area of Rosslyn, and the area wasn't busy after work hours. The reception was warm and friendly. My room was small (-01), but very clean and upscale boutique. It would have been crowded if my husband had joined me for the weekend, but for just me, it was perfect, with plenty of closet space and drawer space. I had booked a weekend deal on Expedia during the Cherry Blossom Festival, so this was probably why my room was so small. Wi-fi in the room was free for a basic package, with a premium package available for $9.99/day. The basic package was totally adequate for email and viewing Netflix on my computer. Exercise room was very well equipped, clean and inviting, though the TV on the bike wasn't working. Very pleasant, cool music on the elevator! I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Nice, safe area to walk nearby.

Room Tip: I wouldn't ask for an -01 room if you are more than one person!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you Cate 5655 for choosing the Le Meridien for your recent visit. It's great to hera that you enjoyed the Cherry Blossom Festival while staying with us. We will look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

As a resident of The Waterview who lives on top of the hotel, I've visited the restaurant on numerous occasions. Unfortunately, while the façade of the restaurant has changed, the deplorable service has not. The most recent example was brunch on a Sunday. There was no hostess, the few would-be patrons were left waiting and the restaurant only had two tables seated. When I walked into the restaurant to request assistance, the same older waiter who has been there for at least a year was typically rude and non-responsive. He told us to sit outside and then never came to follow-up. Meanwhile, the outside was a disaster. It was littered with cigarette butts, including inside of the fire pits. There was trash all over the floor and it was clear that no one had bothered to clean up from the private event that occurred the night before. After waiting for fifteen minutes to ask for service, the same waiter was rude and actually insulted my wife. Suffice it to say that it does not take an expensive consultant to explain why the restaurant continues to fail. I will never come back to your restaurant even though I live right above it. I will also do all that I can to ensure that others avoid this nightmarish experience.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel like the Hyatt down the street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Waterview2014
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear waterview,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us with regards to your recent dining experience at our restaurant. We certainly appreciate the opportunity to improve and address the issues you encountered while visiting. I have shared your thoughts and comments with our team to make sure the areas where we fell short are corrected with urgency.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 703-351-9170 and I will be glad to assist you further.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I just returned from 4 nights at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished. Community spaces in lobby area warm and inviting.
The hotel is grossly under staffed. The staff that is there are very friendly, and want to be helpful. However, they are poorly trained.
We were told to see the doorman about securing a cab. Each time I went to the front door.... No doorman!
Had to call housekeeping in order to have room cleaned.
A big disappointment, you could be a fantastic hotel with professional staff, and more of them.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luckyduckyday
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you luckyduckyday for choosing the Le Meridien for your recent visit. I have taken the opportunity to share your comments with our staff to make sure the issues you encountered are addressed properly. Please accept my sincere apologies and if there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I haven't stayed in a Le Meridien property in many years, so after reading some less than positive reviews of hotels in the Washington DC area I thought it would be a good option. A couple of thoughts:

-The hotel is isolated to some degree. It's also pretty small. It's definitely more "boutique" and you'll have to do without a few things by staying here. Your dining options are almost zero. Some of that has to do with the area. Things seem to close very early and there aren't a ton of options for shopping or dining. The good news is that you're only a quick cab ride or metro ride from those things. But if you want a bottle of water or a quick snack inside the hotel you're pretty much out of luck.

-Room was great in some ways, not as great in others. It seems like there are quite a few room types and sizes. In order to get a decent room i had to settle for an accessible room. The bed was great and very comfortable, there were plenty of power outlets and the internet service was great. On the downside, it was fairly dark in the room even with all the lights on.

-Staff was very friendly. They were able to arrange a car or taxi very quickly.

-I'm platinum with Starwood and was pretty disappointed with what that gets you at this location. That may not make much of a difference to anyone who doesn't have status with the Starwood program.

-Room service was hit or miss. Their late night menu is not good.

So, there are probably plenty of people that would really like this hotel, but I'd pick another option if I returned to this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MattbPR
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Good Afternoon mattbPR, thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that our staff was helpful throughout your stay and certainly would like to apologize for the areas we fell short. This will give us an oppportunity to improve and we will address the issues mentioned promptly. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to let me know and I will ne glad to help.

Paul
Le Meridien Management

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We just returned from a very nice weekend at this hotel. I had never stayed here before, but was willing to try something new, and I'm very glad we did. We had a very nice time, and we really liked the hotel. There were very few nitpicks that I had, but the good far, far outweighed anything slightly off. The rate was extremely reasonable, and it included breakfast, which in the end turned out to be a great deal. Check in was very smooth, and we were given an available room with a view of the potomac immediately. The room was very nice, large, the king bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. The bathroom was spacious as well. I didn't love the bath products, or the fact that the bottles were mounted to the wall, but this is a minor thing for me. The hotel is very close to Key Bridge and to the Rosslyn metro stop, which was extremely convenient. We loved the location, and there were plenty of places close by to grab a quick bite. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We did have a small issue with room service - we tried to order and kept getting re-directed to the front desk because no one was picking up. The staff member said he'd have room service call us back. They did, about 10 minutes later, and our food arrived about 40-45 mintues after that. That was a bit long, but the food was delicious, as were the breakfast offerings from Amuse, the restaurant at the hotel. All in all, we had a really nice weekend, and really enjoyed this hotel. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: We had a city view on the 11th floor, which offered a wonderful view of Georgetown and the Potomac.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you mb187143 for choosing the Le Meridien for your recent visit. I am so happy to see that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our property and the beautiful room with a vew of the Potomac and Georgetown! I will look forward to seeing you back in the near future!

Paul