“Beautiful & Wonderful but not so much w children”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We received a great price for a room here for a last minute trip to Washington DC. Exceptional staff from valet to desk! The rooms were very clean and modern. Great huge flat screen TV. Beds were comfortable. Very quiet. Great views. Bathroom was probably one of the cleanest I have seen. Rain shower head in shower and modern looks. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star is only bc the area is not a kid-friendly area. (Of no fault of their own.). We have a 10 year old and there are no "family type" fast food places within walking distances. There was a Quiznos down the street but would not refer anyone there. (Yuk!) So if you have kids, it may be difficult in that respect. Other bonuses to Le Meridien was having a Starbucks down the street and the Metro Rail was only a block away. The hotel for business or couples is extraordinary!! No complaints! Recommend!!

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Lisa_Q47

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed when visiting Washington DC for a couple of days. Used a Groupon coupon so had a really good deal on the room! Parking was an additional $17 for Sat. night and $30 for Sunday. WiFi was included in our room cost as was a breakfast buffet coupon for $17.50/person.
Staff were very helpful and friendly so A + Plus for all the staff!! Helped us to find the better Hop on Hop off bus tour option for our needs and directions on how to get to the Metro station (Rosslyn) - which is very close 5 minute walk away and within sight of the hotel).
Our room was spacious and comfortable to our needs.

We ate one night in DC and one night we had room service. Food at the hotel was very good!
Had great little bar with outdoor patio. A good gym that my husband enjoyed.
Dining room had large windows and great ambiance.
Hotel had modern esthetic to it and was comfortable and well appointed.
Hotel was not busy and room was very quiet!

Only negative was that hotel was a little difficult to find and the reception was on the 4th floor as there are condos in the same building which use separate elevators. No coffee maker in room - but coffee was available in the reception in the mornings and at the bar using a coupon from your room in afternoon/evenings. .

Overall good experience and would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river (and yes - you do have to turn and squint to the right to se...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scotgrl3
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel with nice clean rooms, attentive staff and wonderful guest services. It's in a great location, which is just a short walk over the bridge that puts you in the heart of Georgetown shopping in minutes. Also, only two blocks to the DC metro.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank 411BarbaraS411
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was a first time stay for myself and fiancé'. I have to say, we were very impressed with both the level of cleanliness of the hotel and our room. The hotel is very contemporary in style, as was our room. We had a view of Georgetown & the Potomac River out of our 9th floor window. Great view.

The Staff - we encountered Adeel at the front desk while checking in on a Thursday. He was awesome!! He recommended a travel plan for the Metro DC area, restaurants, and could not have been more courteous and professional. He made sure to greet us each time he saw us, and even offered us some complimentary fruit and a beverage after coming back exhausted one night from a long day walking around. He is a keeper!!!

The hotel is literally one block away from the Rosslyn Metro station which will take you right into the DC area, Smithsonian, Capital Hill, etc...
There are plenty of restaurants also located right by the hotel, from pizza, sandwiches, to frozen yogurt. Rosslyn was a very nice and sophisticated area.

We took this trip on a deal from Groupon, so I was a little skeptical about the hotel, but let me tell you, I cannot wait to go back. The area is in a business district, so things are pretty quiet during weekdays. We absolutely loved our stay, and as soon as we see another great deal, would definitely stay here again, hopefully for a much longer period of time.

Room Tip: Recommend a river view room. We stayed on the 9th floor and were very pleased.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heathert485
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great hotel, excellent rooms, first class friendly and helpful service from Trudy on front check -in desk, location perfect to walk to Iwo Jima statue, or over Potomac river bridge to Georgetown, near to Arlington Cemetery and Metro station to Downtown DC. Fab stay.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BessyB00
Reviewed 21 August 2014

A very good choice if visiting Washington. Very nice rooms, good space and amenities, and very confortable. Location Is excelente, very close to Rosslyn metro station (2 min walking) and only a bridge cross from beautifull georgetown. Best of al: Paul, the front desk manager!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I came here with my sister for one night before heading to our final destination. The property touts itself as a luxury hotel, but I am confused....

We were famished and asked for room service- they rudely told my sister there were only 2 options as they were out of everything and the wait was an hour.

We thought we'd try to snack on something in the room- no mini bar and no snacks. Ok, we tried to improvise. I called the front desk to see if they had vending machines. No such luck.

In the morning there was no coffee or anything in the lobby and even as a Starwood member they didn't have a club room.

The whole experience was odd and the place just felt like an shell. The facilities themselves are nice, but if you're looking for substance. Look elsewhere.

On a positive note I found one of the front desk people to be lovely and even though he answered "no we don't have that" to every single question I asked, he was polite and clearly sorry to relay that this hotel offered nothing.

Stayed: August 2014
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Felicity00, Thank you for choosing Le Meridien for your recent visit and for sharing your comments with us. I am glad to hear that our staff at the front desk were polite and as helpful as possible. However I regret to learn that your overall experience was not satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment with Room Service and several areas where we fell short. I agree that this is not acceptable in a luxury hotel. I will certainly address the issues you mentioned with our team to make sure improvements occur as soon as possible. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help.
Paul