“A fun place with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Liberty Tavern

Liberty Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 875 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Irving Street
Transit: On the corner of Wilson Boulevard and Irving Street in Arlington, The Liberty Tavern is easily accessible from downtown DC, Route 66, Route 395, and is across the street from the Clarendon Metro Station.
Prospect, Kentucky
“A fun place with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this restaurant for our family of 6 and everyone of us liked our food. The gnocchi was outstanding, the best I've had. The pizzas were good, but my so. Said he'd had better or I would have rated the food 5 stars.

It was a bit loud. We were seated upstairs. The atmosphere was lively and fun. And our service was very good.

Washington, DC
“Nice menu, fairly quick service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Their lunch menu had enough selections to give you choices but not so many you had to study it to make a decision, which makes it perfect for lunch. And, there were healthy choices (not chosen by me) for the lunchdate who is always on a diet.
I was seated before my lunch guest arrived, much better than standing, and the place was quiet enough to get business done without shouting or believing everyone on the block was listening into our conversation.
Service came in waves, excellent at times and at others -- like when it was time to pay -- leaving us wondering where everyone went. It was not very expensive, a bit of a surprise.
I'd return in a second.

Alexandria, Va
“Delicious food; Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a great evening out with friends from out of town. All of us selected the line caught halibut served on a bed of asparagus risotto, a couple of oyster mushrooms draped elegantly over the halibut topped with oak charred onions. Simply delicious. The halibut did not match the outstanding fresh halibut I had once in Alaska but again this is northern Virginia. :-)

The service was great - server poured our wine from the bottle so we could taste before filling our glasses - why don't more restaurants do that? All in all, an enjoyable evening. PLUS A TIP: if you want to dine without shouting, dine upstairs vs the vibrant bar downstairs where the noise level can get quite energetic.

Arlington, Virginia
“Something for Everyone!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am particularly fond of the pizzas, but really Liberty Tavern has something for everyone. The evening we were there, they offered a special octopus ceviche which on of my friends enjoyed. For happy hour, the first floor is quite fun and lively.

Visited July 2014
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Good food, great service and willing to accommodate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Last night I dined a Liberty Tavern with business colleagues. I had a very good squid in linguini pasta (but some of the seafood was overcooked). There was a good source of local beers and the service was excellent. Most importantly they were graciously able to accommodate dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, gluten free). The atmosphere is open brasserie style but not too noisy. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I'd return.