“Great features for the price. Second stay in two months.”

Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport
Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Thank You BW Pentagon for another great stay. The first stay was a very emotional one and the staff did a great job getting me to my room and my children and I to and from the airport. On my second stay, I requested my room and Alvin requested housekeeping to make it ready for me and I really appreciate that. I also chose this hotel because of the ease of navigating to and from off the highway. Its a breeze to get to now and I was even brave enough with Alvin's directions to venture out and see some of Arlington while I was there on my second visit in September. My only complaint which is so small was the remote batteries were not good. I called the front desk and Christina had someone at my door within five minutes of my call with a brand new remote. My kids loved that! I love the free breakfast (which seems to be absent from other hotels in the area) and its a great way to start my day when I know I can save $$ and my kids have access to a healthy breakfast away from home. The lobby has a beautiful decor and I love that the guest business center is in a private location. IThe lobby sign explaining the renovations was enough that I ignored the rusted areas under the walkways outside the rooms. I am a front desk agent for a BW competitor and I will continue to choose this hotel when I travel to DC or Arlington over getting my own discount because of the service and the exceptional care given to guests. OH! I cannot tell you how much I saved using the hotel shuttle. Total, I had to make two trips to and from the airport and not having to pay for parking was such a blessing. Thanks again and I will see you on my next trip!!

Room Tip: Checking in before 3 is not a good idea so just call ahead. The side nearest the traffic is actually...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ybrad07
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Dear ybrad07, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We are glad to hear about Alvin offering you great service. We look forward to accommodating you again at Best Western Pentagon.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

The Hotel stay is good. Shuttle service is good . Sometimes it becomes full . You can leave your car in Hotel and travel by Metro to see DC. Good Breakfast. Good housekeeping service. Friendly staff. Not sure why this hotel was shown as one star. I can give 2 and half stars or more. I guess the entry to room is a bit crude. USe this hotel if you want to avoid exorbitant Hotel rates of Washington DC.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear ruth m, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

this best western offers great deals during the weekdays. staff is pleasant and friendly the breakfast bar is ok not too many hot options but the waffles are really good.
rooms are large and comfortable, the bed is always soooo comfy !!
this is the place I stayed when needing to get away from home

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Dear renee h, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Great location, one block off the highway. My room was clean and spacious. The hotel service was very accommodating. Had to go back to the area and rebooked the same hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear Sarahjesse19, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again. We also hope your daughter is enjoying DC.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very convenient for our plans-moving a daughter into college in DC. The room was clean and the hotel staff at the desk were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us with driving directions.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I rented two rooms in Arlington Virginia for a family vacation to Washington, D.C. This hotel was great. Clean, friendly, comfortable, just what you want on a vacation. I would highly recommend using this Best Western for any trips to Washington, D.C. or Arlington Virginia. This hotel is conveniently located for all sight seeing adventures on our trip!!!

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Stayed: Aug. 21-26, 2011
Still a lot of rennovations going on on the place and it looks like it will be awhile before they are completed.

Stayed in Room #246 - I would NOT recommend this room.

The room itself was ok but being located next to the hallway between the buildings was NOT an ideal location. Between the cleaning staff meeting there and jabbering on at all different times to the what seemed like cleaning cart races up and down the hallway let's just say it was a little noisy.

They have a shuttle (2 buses) that run every 30 minutes 7am-10am to the nearest Metro station. Then every hour until that evening. The evening runs they will swing by the airport to pick up any incoming guests.

Breakfast is actually decent for a hotel. You get blue tickets for each day you stay to turn in for your meal. Standard stuff: toast, bagels, donouts, mini-muffins, fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, make-your-own waffles; different juices, milk, coffee. Nice way to fill up and start your day.

Check-in and Check-out was pretty straight forward but don't expect too much local point of interest info out of the staff.

Pool wasn't too bad. Actually had a lifeguard although he seemed more interested in his iPad then the kids in the pool but at least there was someone there.

Small gift shop on site too.

For less then $100/night including a pool and breakfast and shuttle service it is a nice place to crash for a few days, even better no hotel parking fees.

They are rennovating so it doesn't look new but there is potential.

1  Thank JBRZEZ