“Expensive for poor quality.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport

BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport
Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Expensive for poor quality.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The bathrooms need to be updated. they are about thirty years out of date. The property looks run down and we ate our breakfast looking out over a derelict swimming pool. The beds were comfortalbe which is a plus and the breakfast was good although the ladies on duty to collect vouchers were like pitbulls and challenged my husband as they thought he had put something in the wrong waste bin (which he hadn't). We loved Washington but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Had to go to DC for work during the week and had to decide between staying in the city or outside. After seeing the weekday prices for accommodations (even the B&Bs are high) I decided to stay at the Best Western Pentagon. I had very mixed feelings after reading the previous reviews but since I was on an extremely tight budget, I went with the BW. It seemed like the best value for the money. and for some reason the name "Pentagon" seemed like it was more upscale. Wrong!
Pros: The MOTEL (not hotel) is very close to DCA. Quick cab ride to hotel. The lobby is fine and the breakfast area nice sized. Free breakfast was decent too. Free Shuttle to and from the metro station is convenient (note that you are sharing the shuttle with the other hotel on the property (Comfort Inn I think) so it may be crowded during peak times and you may not be able to get on! The free shuttle is pretty much what the motel has going for it as it drops off at the mall (not a bad food court) and picks back up.
Cons: Again, it's a motel! Not much near it unless you want to walk up a hill (I think there is a convenience mart nearby but didn't want to venture out) It's quite the labyrinth getting to the room. Another reviewer saw dangling wires from the ceiling which I saw myself as well. Exterior corridors have all rooms facing the parking lots. When I finally found the room and went it, I actually wanted to turn right back around however since I was the one myself that chose the motel there wasn't much I could do. Lets just say that when I walked in, it was the first time I checked for bed critters. However the sheets and towels were clean but the room was just old and dated, my tub dripped and the toilet had stains. Microwave and fridge worked but didn't use. It's a place where I literally just came in to sleep. Luckily I was jet lagged so I did fall asleep quickly. A/C was loud so provided white noise.
If you want cheap with free breakfast and shuttle service, it works for the DC area. If you want something nicer set your expectation right from the start when you get there. You might be better off with choosing something else. I did meet older couples and families staying there so I know the motel has value to some. And if you absolutely need to use the shuttle at a specified time be sure you are waiting early as the shuttle can fill up! Would I stay there again? Only if I was on a tight budget again; I would definitely looks elsewhere first.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Colonial Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This motel is very convenient to Reagan National Airport and has an added feature of park and fly. However, the facility itself is not so great. It is need of a renovation and a good cleaning. It definitely has a "sixties" feel to it. The staff was friendly and helpful, but the shuttle to the airport left about 10 minutes later than the published time which made us a bit nervous.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mooreton, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Desk staff was very nice. Room doors open to outside & my door didn't latch well. Room was pretty clean & furnishings were in good condition, but the smell was nasty. They offered to move me but that room smelled too.

• Stayed September 2013
oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel was satisfactory for my needs except for one problem. My room had no accessible light switch near the door. I checked in after dark and I had to dig out my flashlight to find a light switch.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor.
Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Waynesboro, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My stay was decent and the bed was comfortable. However, the outside corridors smelled or urine. I ended up leaving an item in the rom and called the hotel. While I am grateful the item was not stolen, they would not leave the desk to mail it to me. They made me provide a credit card to send it FedEx. They sent it the most expensive option even though I asked for standard shipping. I had to eat the $50 shipping. When I called to complain the front desk clerk was rude and the manger was ruder! It will suffice but don't expect anyone to go out of their way.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This room was outdated and noisy. Everytime we used the microwave, the clock radio went off. The worst night of our two week trip, and would suggest you look elsewhere for lodging. Although they had a van to transport to D.C., we did not use it as we had a vehicle. The breakfast was something you should just skip and go out for, as it was extremely poor quality. You apparently pay for the convenience of location, which really isn't worth the trade off for the poor quality received.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels