“Decent but old. Needs renovating.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport

BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport
Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Newport News, Virginia
“Decent but old. Needs renovating.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Overall it is not too bad. As soon as you get in the parking lot you realize how old it is. The room was clean. The bathroom was screaming for an update though.
I went to the gym in the morning and after my run walked around in the room and realized there were three cockroaches on the floor.
The breakfast was pretty good. Sausage, eggs, potatoes, yogurt, bagels, muffins, pastries, etc.
just because of how outdated it feels, I would probably choose something else if I was in the area again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dgrevillius
subashvohra, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Subhash Vohra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a motel style hotel with good parking. Right next to 395 at a busy intersection. Nothing great to look at on the outside (in fact, it made me reconsider staying here). Inside the room was better, but far from luxurious. This is an OK place to stay if you plan to be out in DC all day and just need a place to sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark H
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one see you next year.

central Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Well situated for the airport traveler, this simple hotel has very nice and professional staff. The guests were both business and international. I stayed here, as central DC was fully booked and this was a great budget alternative. I got a great on-line price. Shoppers take note: the shuttle drops guests off next to Pentagon City metro, a few steps away from Fashion Center mall and other shopping options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your wonderful comments. We strive to give our guests excellent customer service as well as great amenities. We hope in the near future we can be of service to you again and we thank you very much.

Oakland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I usually do not like hotels with rooms opening to the outside but I did not feel unsafe in this hotel. The cleaning staff was a bit loud in the morning so if you are a late sleeper, this might be an issue for you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a comment/ review. By telling us what you liked and what we can improve on, you're giving us an opportunity to provide a superior experience for you and other guests in the near future. We do understand your concern regarding exterior corridor property and even though we have are in a safe and good area we also provide security to make sure you feel welcome as well. We appreciate your feedback. And we hope we will be able to provide services for you again.

Kindly,
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Don't even think about staying at the wretched place. The room smelled like vomit because of the air conditioning unit. Wouldn't have changed no matter what room I was in.

The first night I realized he phone didn't work so I called he front desk from my mobile phone to let them know. Never was fixed. The walls are so paper thin that I could hear the woman in the next room clearing her throat all night. The small TV was 720p so was hard to see when laying in bed.

And here's the kicker: on the final morning when I went to have breakfast, I was told I needed to have breakfast at a nearby hotel be ause a group of kids was having breakfast at that time.

When I went to the motel manager on the last day to describe my experience and ask for a discount, he argued with me and interrupted me several times. He even made the statement that, "We are not a five star hotel. You get what you pay for." after the umpteenth time of him interrupting me, I slammed my hand down on the counter, raised my voice and told him to stop interrupting me. He began yelling at me and said he wouldn't talk too someone who slams his hand on the counter and yells at him. I hadn't yelled but he sure did.

Avoid this horrible, horrible place. Spend the extra $20 and stay somewhere else.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations and your experience with us. We valule your comments and will continue to improve as a team.

Subhash Vohra

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our Family and friend of mine stayed in 2 rooms just for one night. Great value compare with same type other hotels. Room is bigger. Outer appearance is not the best and can do some improvements. Great Breakfast many verities. Close to Pentagon and Whitehouse and other tourist attractions. Shuttle bus is a plus and very convenient for people to go to Airport or Metro.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was horribly disappointed in my recent stay at this hotel. I had stayed previously and liked it. This time it was so scented it was almost unbearable. As someone with allergies, I will NEVER stay here again. Fortunately I have had good experiences at other Best Western Hotels. But for my two travelling companions, this was their introduction to Best Western. They won't stay at any Best Western hotel again.

The staff tried to be helpful -- moved us from the first room assigned to a SLIGHTLY better room. But sadly the odor permeated the whole property, including the lobby!

On top of that, the beds were past their best before date.

I love the convenience of the shuttle to the Metro. The breakfast was reasonable. But the odor make it impossible for me to ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Well, they ALL smell but ask to be further from the traffic