Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Iowa
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My boyfriend and I spent three nights at this hotel last weekend for the Marine ball and it was at a great location and the people were very friendly. Our room was very nice and our housekeeper was great. It was also a great price. My only complaint would be the restaurant at the hotel. We ate breakfast one morning and we both got sick. My boyfriend filled out a survey and let them know and today he received a very nice email apologizing for the inconvenience and we received a refund for the meal. That shocked both of us and made us both very happy. The fact that we got a personal email shows that this hotel cares about their guests. We are both very pleased and we will definitely be coming back to stay at this hotel in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were international travelers into Washington to attend business near crystal City. This hotel was close to my place of business so we booked this hotel.
For international travelers this is $ 65 ride (one-way) from international airport(Dulles) only opt for this place if you have a business reason to be near Crystal City/ Arlington.

The staff was friendly but somehow look tired, the bedding inside the room makes you feel you are in a motel! Restaurant food as cold as it could get, and I could go on... This property is tired for whatever reason and this gets passed on to the guests!

Concierge staff ( Fisseha) was highly helpful and friendly and the only saving grace of this hotel.

I am surprised that Hampton Inn ( in the same compound, same owner) was recommended by my colleagues who were with me for the business. You may want to try this.

Moral- Never go by the brand name alone,

Room Tip: It doesn't matter!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Very convenient location to the metro and airport. Our room was nice and clean, but some amenities were either not provided or did not work. There was no hair dryer, but my wife always brings one along just in case. One of the controllers for the sleep number beds needed a new battery. The front desk staff is friendly and courteous. The lobby area is bright, spotless, and inviting. Access to self parking is easy and convenient. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gary r
Honolulu
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were exhausted a super home away from home

Clean

all staff kind and polite -- our 2nd visit we will be back
Arrived tired burnt out the man at the front desk made us feel at home

The Get things done attitude of Nagash (front desk) + others

The old travel industry had an expression: “Orchid and / or Onion letters to the boss ….this is an “orchid” to a nice hotel - well run

- we will be back aloha
It is always a pleasure in any walk of life or endeavor to see professionalism demonstrated. All mentioned are “professional" e ....
It is always a pleasure in any walk of life or endeavor to see professionalism demonstrated. People say America is getting soft in mind and body.

Room Tip: Call ahead
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I just spent a three day stay in this hotel and was surprised at the service offered.
The hotel seemed clean, has a nice-looking restaurant (although I can not vouch for the food) and the location is ideal for access to the airport and/or Washington, DC by means of a shuttle or subway close by, respectively.
But: during the evenings I would stay up late with my family and I would request not to be disturbed during the mornings (by hanging the tag outside the door). My room was respected and no one knocked or attempted to open its door for servicing, but the slamming of the doors on the next rooms (both sides and across the hall) by the cleaning staff did not comply with my request of "Do Not Disturb".
Also, every day there were less towels in the room. Apparently the staff did not replace the ones used. At the end of the third day, on my return that afternoon, only one large and one medium towel was available in the bathroom.
The A/C in the room was noisy; a bit annoying.
The main attraction to this hotel was its price. On this holiday weekend I was able to book for just $79.00/night, when all other hotels in the same area were $189.00-400.00
I would return to this hotel, if the same rates applied.

Room Tip: Staff slams doors when cleaning rooms. Not a place to sleep late.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Location close to Metro, good price on room. The hotel service directory says you can ask for a late checkout, as late as 6 pm. I asked. The best they could do was 1pm. The room was fairly standard – big and pretty comfortable. The hotel is about 2 – 3 blocks from the Crystal City metro station, and I paid a comparatively decent price for the room. The bathroom was reasonable and clean, but the shower never got more than lukewarm, regardless of how high I turned the water heat. It wasn’t a water heater issue – the sink water got plenty hot. Overall, my complaints are minor, and the price of the room was decent, and it was a comfortable room with decent access to nearby restaurants and the Metro.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Radisson is our choice for dependability when traveling, and this was no exception. Choosing a hotel in the DC area isn't easy, not because there aren't plenty of options; the prices fluctuate wildly from day to day, and it's difficult to judge the surrounding environment. Trip Advisor maps and reviews help so much; this proved to be a fine choice for a quiet, clean, easy to find hotel that had convenient access to the Metro and the highway system. It did NOT have the sleep number beds that many Radisson hotels have, at least not in our room. Desk staff were professional and helpful; restaurant personnel were extremely slow, and by contrast the concierge pushed a little too hard, promoting tours and taxis with which he seemed to have a relationship. Overall, not a bad choice, and we would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends