“We enjoyed the stay, but the building is tired”

Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife was in DC a few days before me for business and I flew out to meet her. Since we were flying in and out Reagan and drive down to the OBX, NC for several days, staying near the airport made sense. We usually stay at Marriotts because of a family connections, but everything in the area was booked for the days we were to be in the DC area. I selected the the Radisson mainly because it had rooms available and had a rental car office on site. For the cost it is a nice place and the hotel staff is every friendly and accommodating. The building could use a face lift and some exterior sound deadening.

However, the location is very good. There are numerous restaurants with in walking distance and there are free shuttles to Pentagon City Mall, Crystal City Metro station and Reagan. Our flight home wasn't until 8:30PM the last day, so we checked out and used the complimentary luggage storage for the bags, took the shuttle to Pentagon City Mall and walked to the 911 memorial at the Pentagon. From there we bought day passes for the Metro and went sight seeing in Arlington and DC. After a full day of the sights, we took the Metro back to Crystal City and called for the shuttle. On the way from the station to the hotel we told the driver we would be heading directly to Reagan after grabbing the bags. When we arrived at the Radisson the shuttle drive retrieved the bags and loaded them in to the van for us.

The only real downside I came away with is the hotel's restaurant staff. Though pleasant in manner, many of them seemed disinterested in the work or the customers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bubbabingo
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am happy to see that our location was very convenient and overall you had a pleasant stay with us.

I was not happy to hear that our restaruant staff did not make you feel welcomed. I can assure you that your concerns will be passed along to the Department Managers to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

If your travels bring you back it would be a pleasure to have you back as one of our guests!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
swells@soundhospitality.com

Stephanie Wells

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I arrived to early to check-in so I asked for a parking pass to store my belongings in, they said no problem, and I headed up small parking garage they share with enterprise. There were plenty of spots open. When I did check in, I asked for a room on the highest floor available. The said they could put me on the 6th floor out of a possible 8 (I think 8 are suites). I said perfect. When I arrived at my room, it was in the perfect location. They must have understood that I wanted quiet and privacy. My room was all the way at the end of the hallway on the 6th. I didn't hear another soul the entire time I was there. Plus my end of the hallway had it's own elevator separate from the main elevator. I used it the whole time I was there and didn't see another soul except for a maid and a maintenance man (both greeted me pleasantly).
The entire hotel was spotless. Even the utility stairways at the end of the halls were very clean (usually they are dark and dank). My room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and I liked that you could run the HV/AC fan at all times, and it didn't just come on when the HV/AC came on.
The front desk was super nice at all times throughout the day and night (a couple of midnight snacks and the little store). I had a few beers at the bar and the Ethiopian bar maid was delightful and gregarious, not like some other bartenders you get that don't want to look at you after they serve you.
The location is literally 1.5 blocks from the metro (yellow line). The yellow line will take you to the middle of DC (Convention Center) in 20 minutes. From there it is a 15 minute walk to the White House.
Oh, and the price was right!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J0eK1ng
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for giving such well-rounded comments. We are so fortunate to have many wonderful employees that take such pride in taking care of our guest.

I hope you will continue staying with us when you travel to Arlington or Washington DC and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The rate at the Radisson was the best available in Crystal City. We were not wanting to spend $20 to park our rental car in their lot since we were dropping it off that evening down the street and walking back to the hotel (which saved us a full day of a rental car charge). Lucky for us it was a Sunday and there was available free street parking behind the hotel (on weekdays, there are meters in operation). We weren’t certain things would go well when we checked in because the front desk attendant was foreign, terribly difficult to understand, and, all alone with a line of people waiting to check in. I had chosen a Sleep Number bed on the website when I booked, but the attendant explained as best he could that they no longer have these beds because they kept breaking down. The king bed we got instead was just wonderful – the mattress and bedding perfect in every way. The room was clean and quiet. There was coffee in the room and in the downstairs lobby. The shuttle took us to the airport immediately upon our arrival downstairs. We were very pleased with our stay and will surely try to stay here in the future if catching an early plane out of Reagan National Airport.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing Eades street instead of busy Rt. 1
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for staying at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel was very centrally located, it provided shuttle service to the METRO and to the Airport, which was great! I had two meals at the restaurant, breakfast and dinner; and both were very good, and the service was excellent. The bed was very comfortable, with a plush pillow top.

The room was very clean and the housekeeping service was excellent. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

I travel often to the Crystal City, VA and I will be back.

Room Tip: Floors above 6 are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank maijr1119
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Reviewed 26 April 2014

During our Dumb & Dumber VI buddy trip, Colorado Jim and I stayed at this hotel for a week and used the Metro to visit museums and monuments in DC. Things I liked included excellent shuttle service, location very convenient to Metro station and restaurants, friendly staff, and the uncrowded restaurant. Oh yes; and the elevators were great.

What I didn't like was my Sleep Comfort bed, excessive noise, and dirty windows (perhaps the dirtiest I've ever seen in a motel). My Sleep Comfort bed had a balky control and was so undependable that I was once jarred awake by buzzing at 2:00 am when the bed inflated, for no apparent reason, to its highest extra-firm setting. During two nights I lost sleep because of excessive noise. The first time it was music with the bass turned up very loud. This continued until midnight, despite my complaint to the front desk. The second time it was door slamming and loud conversation (giggly girls in adjacent room). My first call to the front desk went unanswered for several minutes, so I hung up. My second call some time later: got a response, but no resolution of the problem. Finally, at nearly 1:00 am, I got out of bed, dressed, and took the elevator to the lobby to personally complain. The big, friendly security guy finally got this noisy bunch to quiet down for the night. They were at it again at 6:30 am (sigh).

I suppose I would stay at this hotel again, but only if I couldn't find a nearby one at about the same price.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room near the elevator. It pings very noisily and is located next to a noisy ice ma...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Citallwic
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be excellent and helpful. And our shuttle service and location was convenient to you

On the other hand, I am disappointed to hear your negative experience with us. I am sorry if your stay in our hotel fell below your standards due to bed and noise situation. Additionally, I apologized for the troubles you have encountered with our window situation.
Our hotel is in the process of getting rid of the sleep number beds so we are very limited at this time. We have already taken the necessary measures to update the system so that future reservations for sleep number rooms will no longer exist. Unfortunately, it is taking more time than we expected.
And window situation have been brought to our chief engineer and housekeeping manager who will be looking for the best solution.
For noise situation, it is most disappointing to hear that our front desk did not answer phone for your concerns at the first time. I will bring the matter and discuss with our night audit team to ensure that a similar problem does not occur for any of our future guest.

Prior to your next stay, we welcome you to contact me so I may discuss your accommodations in detail. My direct number is 703-842-1641.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel was exactly what I expected from the reviews, the rating, and the cost. I spent five days here while house hunting. The location was good--several blocks to a Metro or restaurants. The front desk staff was competent and helpful. The wifi worked as advertised. The rooms were very worn, and the common areas could use some renovation. The room didn't have any explanation for how to adjust the Sleep Number bed, so I just left it as is and was comfortable. The curtains didn't quite block out all the light (a pet peeve). During the week, the hotel and room was very quiet. During the weekend, you could hear people thumping in the hall and talking. The fitness center was small but adequate. The shuttle driver gave me a ride to an apartment building when it was raining without hesitation. At rack rate, I would not stay here, but with a discounter, it definitely becomes worth it. I would stay again at the right price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Treavor B
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased to note that you found our front desk staff to be excellent and helpful. We are so fortunate to have many wonderful employees that take such pride in taking care of our guest.

On the other hand, I am disappointed to hear your negative experience with us. I am sorry if your stay in our hotel fell below your standards due to room condition and sleeping number bed. However I am happy to inform you that our hotel is currently in the process of renovations. I cannot say when this project will be complete, however it will be in the near future.

Our goal is to not only meet your expectations but to exceed them and make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope that you would still give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This has been such a pleasant stay. Reasonable price, friendly staff and the best part you have comfortable and luxurious rooms a+ rooms. Plus you have a nice luxurious restaurant right inside the hotel, if that isn't enough right around the corner you have a street full of restaurants at walking distance. Would definitely recommend, this has become one of my favorite hotels in the area and like I said before the pricing was incredible. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple