DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Washington, DC, United States
“Yuck!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

UNCLEAN! Arrived and found dried up salsa on the desk, children's socks on the floor left behind, coffee lid found on the floor. When trying to plug in my phone to charge, the phone jack was ripped out of the wall and there found a cracker by the wall. Bed was uncomfortable! It was just awful. I will never stay here again and never stay at a Doubletree again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry we let you down with the cleanliness of your room. However, I am glad you emailed us along with posting this review so we could apologize personally and invite you back so you can see your experience is not typical.

We wish you would have told us of your displeasure at some point during your five night stay so we could have worked hard to make it right. Challenges do pop up from time to time and I strongly encourage all of our guests to let a manager know about it during your stay. We really enjoy getting comments after a stay, but would rather a chance to correct any wrong to ensure a guest has a positive experience. After receiving your comment the Director of Housekeeping immediately followed up with the housekeeper to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you reconsider your decision not to return. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be happy to assist in any way he can.

Dori Familiant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dayton OH, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Pleasant staff and clean hotel. Second time I have stayed there while visiting the Pentagon and I will be back. Pick up and drop off at the airport was quick and efficient. Yuengling on tap, what more could I ask for.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad to read that you had a positive stay and we appreciate you choosing to return. Our goal is to have every guest leave happy and wanting to return so it is nice to read this goal was achieved with you.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the challenge of continuing to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be happy to assist in any way he can.

Dori Familiant
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

A problem with one of the drawers in the dresser was repaired within a half hour of reporting it. No complaints and nothing but a good review from us. Easy access to the things to see in Washington but be prepared for a whole lot of traffic. We were a part of the USS Shangri La Reunion.

Room Tip: Call immediately if there is a problem in the room and they will have it fixed quickly.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience so others can benefit. I am sorry there was a challenge with the dresser drawer, but so glad it was resolved quickly. i appreciate your patience and understanding.

Traffic... in DC??? No way! Yes, unfortunately the Washington DC area took the title this past year for the worst traffic area in the country (slightly ahead of LA). However, we are fortunate enough to be located only a few blocks from the Metro which makes getting into Washington DC so simple. Many of our guests that drive, park their car upon arrival and don't use it again until after check out. I am glad that the traffic did not seem to put a damper on your stay experience.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. It was truly an honor to host the USS Shangri La Reunion and have an opportunity to meet (and thank) the many heroes in attendance. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. Room was clean as expected. Staff had not restocked towels, but that was easily remedied. As always the warm cookie is a great way to start your experience. No issues that went unresolved.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is so nice to read that the staff had a positive impact on your stay and that you found the room cleanliness to be as expected. I apologize for the lack of towels and am happy to read this was resolved quickly.

After a long security line at the airport, plane ride, or car ride, the cookie is an excellent way to be welcomed. I am glad you enjoyed yours. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Upper Marlboro, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here with two kids for a karate tournament. This hotel turned a busy stressful situation for me into an enjoyable relaxing time. They have a concierge so I didn't have to lug around all our bags. The room rates were affordable with the experience of paying three times that much. The staff was so friendly and helpful I couldn't have asked for anything better. No matter what the plans are this is the place to stay. We will definitely be back real soon.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We were very excited to host the Karate tournament and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The bellmen are happy to deliver or store our guests bags.

I appreciate your comments on the staff. They really want to make a positive difference in each guests stay and I am glad to read this was the case for you. Thank you again for your review and recommendation. Please know that when you return we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Convenient location to Reagan National and also to highways. I had a balcony suite overlooking National that was very large and comfortable - the balcony was huge with a great view of DC. The staff is outstanding at this hotel. Everyone that I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. The Skydome Lounge was very nice, a great view, and the food was good. Valet parking is $30.00 per night which is on target for anywhere in Crystal City area. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to post a review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the great view off the balcony of your suite. Your comment on the staff is appreciated as the team works hard to try and make each interaction with a guest a positive one.

The Skydome does offer a unique experience and I recommend all guests go up there. While dinner is served, many guests go for a drink and/or appetizer while taking in the stunning view. i am glad you enjoyed your Skydome experience.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Palm City, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

If you are looking for an overall excellent experience including amenities; pool, fitness center, transportation etc. this is not the place to stay. Equipment in the fitness center was broken and the room was over 88 degrees. The air-conditioning throughout the hotel was broken, including guest suites, lobby areas, fitness center and pool.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry you left disappointed. I am unaware of any hotel wide air conditioning challenges. We do have rooms that had some trouble keeping up with the unusual warm weather in September, but the engineering department responded to any challenges with a repair or an offer to change rooms. I am unsure if you let us know of your room temperature challenge during your stay, but apologize that you found it to be uncomfortable. I do hope you will contact me directly so we can try to make it right with you.

We have not had very many comments at all about the temperature in the lobby being too warm. So many of our guests come down to enjoy the lobby bar and/or the ample seating in the lobby to meet with colleagues/family members and I would think we would get many comments if it was too warm, but we did not. Again, I am sorry that you were uncomfortable. Your comments about the fitness room and pool have been passed to the Director of Property Operations for follow up.

Thank you for your review and I am sorry we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.