“Highly recommend the SkyDome food and staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was met in the hotel elevator by the Senior Sous Chef Vincent Jenkins. I asked him for help in getting to the SkyDome. Not only did he tell me, he escorted me there. Once inside I was greeted with super friendly service and the best deviled egg served four ways and Virginia rainbow trout that I have ever tasted. During my dinner, I noted the conscientious and friendly demeanor that Vincent and the other staff (Dori Familiant, Kurtis Johnson-Executive Chef and Brian Atkins) extended to the numerous guest patronizing the establishment. On any return trips to the D.C. area, I will definitely viait the SkyDome rotating restaurant and lounge again, as well as will recommend it to my fellow travelors.

Room Tip: Although the hotel is within a five block walking radius to local stores and eateries, the location...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. I really appreciate you mentioning the employees by name so we can recognize their efforts. We realize there are so many area hotel choices and really work hard to set ourselves apart by offering customer service that exceeds our guest's expectations.

Chef Jenkins is always looking for ways to make a positive impact on our guests stays and I am so glad to read he did this for you. I am so glad you took notice of myself, Brian and Kurtis speaking to our guests. We really want to know how we are doing so if there are areas for improvement needed we become aware and can begin working on them. I appreciate you mentioning how much you enjoyed your meal.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work very hard to again exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my response to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will happy to assist in any way he can.

Dori Familiant

Write a ReviewReviews (2,987)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed 3 nights while attending a conference in another nearby hotel. It is located in a friendly neighborhood so I was able to walk to and from the conference site with no problems. It is close to the touristic sites. I would consider staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us even though your meeting was elsewhere. Many of our guests feel the same way as you as they too feel comfortable walking to the Metro, Mall, and/or restaurants.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work very hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my response to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will happy to assist in any way he can.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Perfectly situated for easy access to shopping, airport, sightseeing, and downtown activities. easy walk to metro, located across the street from Crystal City Shopping. They also have a shuttle that will take you there or to the airport. Once on the metro you can go anywhere. The hotel is well appointed and equipped. If you have diamond status with Hilton and don't plan on the free breakfast, their voucher can be applied to any meal or drink.
The hotel room was comfortable and spacious, with adequate number of outlets to plug in your devices. I did not make it to the exercise room so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so glad you found the location to be convenient for your needs. We are fortunate to be in a location that makes it so simple to get into Washington DC, very convenient to Reagan Airport, and so much more. Many of our guests really enjoy having the option of taking the shuttle or walking to the Metro.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Love Doubletree. Shuttle from airport was a nice bonus though the driver drove like a madman. Enjoyed my short stay. Excellent location. Restaurant had amazing views of the city. The requirement to submit this of 200 characters is frustrating...at least add a counter so I can see what I've typed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you very much for your review. The shuttle does make it convenient for travelers flying into Reagan Airport that do not have a car. My apologies that the driving scared you. That comment is not something I have heard before, but it will be shared with the shuttle crew. I am so glad you enjoyed the Skydome and found our location convenient for your needs.

I appreciate your suggestion to add a character counter and will pass that onto Hilton Worldwide. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope you return soon. I invite anyone reading my response to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be glad to assist in any way he can.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I asked for a newly refurbished room do when they were sold out I was a bit concerned. But my room was fine. Bed was super comfortable. Bathroom was small but had lots of towels and bathsheets instead if those smaller ones. And a warm chocolate chip cookie when I checked in! Be aware tho. If you're parking there it's $26 self parking and $30 for valet ! That is outrageous as I think hotels should include that for their guests. Street parking is the way to go if possible.

• Stayed: September 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry that we could not meet your request for a recently renovated room, but glad you were able to enjoy your room accommodation anyway. While we are so excited to have recently renovated room, I have found this casts the other rooms in a poor light as non-renovated rooms may give the wrong perception. These rooms are still very nice and the large majority of our guests that stay in them leave happy; just as you did.

The famous Doubletree cookie is a nice way to be welcomed and it is nice to read that you enjoyed yours. I appreciate you letting readers know of the parking charge as we really don't want anyone to be surprised by this. Charging for parking is very common in the Crystal City, Alexandria, and DC area. In fact, I am unaware of any hotels that do not charge for this. However, we do have room packages that include parking so if it is important for you to have the parking included in the rate, please look at these package options. Street parking is an option, but keep in mind that it is extremely limited and metered.

Thank you again for posting your review. We hope you return soon and if so please know we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I do invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com. He will be happy to assist in any way he can.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had a wonderful weekend at the Double Tree Crystal City. The check in was fast and the rooms were clean. The people were polite and helpful to my concerns. I would stay here again when visiting the D.C. area. My son goes to Howard university and the location was great for the value and hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am happy to read that you had a nice stay. We know that after a long plane or car ride that a quick check in is important. I appreciate you commenting on the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be happy to assist in any way he can.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel and staff were lovely and a great deal. THe free meal promotion for kids was somewhat unclear but the staff dealt with everything with aplomb. The pool was a little warm for our liking, but, again, the staff was polite and accomodating. It was also convenient to have the big red bus company in the lobby to arrange bus tours.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that the Kids Eat Free promotion was not clear, but glad to read any challenges were handled efficiently. Your comment on the staff is very much appreciated as they work hard to offer each guest a positive experience.

We try to keep the pool at a temperature that most of our guests will enjoy, but I am sorry if it was too warm for you. Hopefully you were still able to enjoy a nice swim. We are fortunate to be in a location that has some tour operators pick up close by for Washington DC tours.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be happy to assist in any way he can.