“Doubletree Cookie, Hilton Reliability”

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
“Doubletree Cookie, Hilton Reliability”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Doubletree by Hilton is always welcome home greeting, reliable, clean, spacious rooms, unpretentious. I have been staying at this particular property for maybe 25 years. It has been upgraded appropriately. But the location and the quality remain the same.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. Wow, a 25 year veteran of the hotel! Thank you for continuing to return. It is so rewarding to read that you a fond of the many updates and find the service remains to be top quality. We will continue to welcome you back and make you feel at home. I know there are many hotel choices in the area and am truly honored that you have chosen to be so loyal to the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit. Please know that we do not take your decision to return for granted and will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Dori Familiant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Eden Prairie, MN, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Excellent room accomendations, meeting, food & beverage service. The hotel shuttle from airport was very convenient. Enjoyed the close locations of many shopping opportunities and restaurants. I enjoyed my stay at the DoubleTree Hotel and will return in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for your review. It is rewarding to read that you had a successful stay with us during your conference. We are fortunate that the hotel is in such close proximity to the airport, shopping mall, Metro, and much more. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your needs.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Roanoke, VA, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Great room, service, and view. We really appreciated the free ride to where we had to go and back with a minimum of waiting time. It was a perfect location for our visit and very near where we needed be.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to share your review. It is so nice to read that you had a fantastic stay experience. It reads like you took advantage of our many view rooms which always makes a stay more special. We really appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Williamsburg, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

A good value. First room had a/c filter hanging out of the unit. Replacement room had noisy bathroom exhaust fan but a call resulted both in repair and a follow-up call to ensure I was satisfied -- great customer service that time. Only other issue was a non-work safe in the closet (locked open).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. I am glad you found your stay to be a good value, but apologize for the challenges you experienced. Your comment on the good customer service is appreciated.

Ron, thank you again for your review and I hope you return. We will work very hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Washington DC / Crystal City, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The hotel's location and friendly & engaging staff saves this hotel from being Poor / Average. The view from the 10 floor over looking Washington DC was great. The distance to transportation is VERY good. BUT, I am very disappointed by my last, check-out, morning - NO HOT WATER. The hotel had a water issue since 7 AM that morning but failed to notify ANY hotel guests. SO, waking up, around 9:30 AM, to this find out you!!!??? Started my morning (literal) ice shower was NOT how I thought I would remember this hotel's 'high' point! They never did mention to me if they corrected the water problem when I checked out at 11 AM.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Kim G
Thank you for your review. I am so glad the location was convenient for your needs and you found the staff to be friendly. We are fortunate to have a location that offers spectacular views of Washington DC from many of our rooms as well as from the Skydome.

I am very sorry for the lack of hot water during your last morning. When we have a planned project that would affect the water we most definitely let our guests know. However, this was unexpected as there was a challenge with the boiler. There really is not a way to alert all of our guests of this challenge. Also, it did not affect every room which made it a little trickier to know who was inconvenienced by this. I am happy to let you know that barring another unforeseen challenge, the hot water issue has been resolved. However, I do apologize that this happened to cause you to leave the hotel with a negative last impression.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return. I can confidently say that this challenge will not be repeated. We will work very hard to again exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had a great stay! The staff were friendly and accommodating. The rooms were decent, not great. The rooftop lounge is a cool place to relax and get a 360 view of DC. The fitness center is quite nice...especially for a hotel. It's nearly gym quality! This hotel is near the airport, close to the "National Mall", the Pentagon, and an easy Metro ride to almost anywhere else. I love the complimentary cookie at check- in. I'll be back here for future business travel!

Room Tip: The south tower is nicer. Check your room key envelope for the decoder for room location!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dori F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Your review is very much appreciated. It is so nice to read about your great stay experience. The staff works hard to offer each guest just as an enjoyable stay as you had. The Skydome does offer a unique experience and I really recommend all of our guests go up there to take in the spectacular view while enjoying a drink and/or dinner.

We are proud to have the largest fitness room of any single hotel in the area. Many of our guests comment about how convenient our location is to the airport, Metro, Washington DC, the Pentagon, and so much more. I am glad you found the hotel to be convenient for your needs.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back. We will work very hard to again exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

People are friendly. Rooms are good-sized. My coworker's room was so dusty, she had to move. May problem is that I think the hotel knows it has problems and lies about it. I tried calling from the road for the whole time I was driving up from Richmond .. No answer. When I checked in, they were surprised to hear that ... And yet, other guests we talked to had the same experience ... Calling from their rooms! I woke up and wanted to shower. No hot water. No warning. I called down and my problem was acknowledged "We're working on it." But no one sounded surprised or particularly concerned. Compensation was 1 night of fee parking. What I really need though is to go to work clean! The price on Hotwire was great ($73) but I think this must be because the hotel is under renovations and the guest experience is inadequate.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank katthewolf
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry you had such a frustrating time with us and you comment about the friendly staff is appreciated.

As with all hotels or business, there are opportunities for improvements, but please know the agents were not lying to you about being unaware of the phone challenge. We had a server for the phone system go down, but it did not affect all calls coming in. So the phones were still ringing and we were able to talk to guests as well as people calling in from the outside. We started getting word of some people indicating they had a problem calling with no one answering, but because our phones were still ringing we honestly did not recognize there was problem on our end. After the comments kept coming in our IT department was able to locate the challenge and have it corrected. I am very sorry this occurred as I am sure it was a frustrating experience for you.

There is never a good time for a boiler to go down, but unfortunately this occurred the same time that the phone server went down. We had an outside vendor come in to repair the boiler, but a part was needed. We were told by the vendor that the temporary fix that was put on would last until the part arrived. However, the next morning it failed and the hot water was not getting to the rooms in the North Tower. If we could have offered you hot water instead of the parking, we would have done that. Please know both the phone and hot water challenges were unexpected. We routinely practice preventative maintenance, but even with that in place there are times unexpected breaks occur. This was one of those times. We tried to be honest and forthcoming with the details we knew and I am really sorry you felt otherwise.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will return. While these had the unfortunate coincidence of occurring at the same time, I hope you realize these are isolated incidents and not the norm. Once again I am sorry you had a frustrating stay. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.