“Beautiful property, no heat or hot water”

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Checked in after a late night and it was cold but we cuddled while waiting for the heat to kick in ..,. It never did !!! Morning came and still no heat or hit water !!! After calling front desk we are told the North Tower had issues which staff was unawares of until early AM. Yes, we complained and we given a 50 per cent comp but had to forgo brunch ... Not showered and thoroughly chilled.

The great view and nice room was a disappointment and spoiled a romantic night in DC would've preferred to drive back to Glen Burnie for some heat and hot water.

1  Thank ccamtravel
Dori F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that your heat did not work properly. Unfortunately, we had a unexpected challenge with a boiler that caused both heat and water challenges for some of our guests. I can understand why this was frustrating for you and again apologize. While I appreciate the front desk staff compensating you, it did not correct the problem. I wish we could have prevented this from occurring for you and the many guests that were affected. Even with our preventative maintenance practices this break in the boiler could not be prevented. Again, I am sorry we let you down.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will return. I am confident that this was an isolated incident and not one that will be repeated. i am going to reach out to you to try and make this right. We'd really like the opportunity to prove this to you. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

703-416-3801
dori.familiant@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City

Reviewed 11 December 2013

After being turned around on a plane heading home and having to find accommodations quickly, I was extremely grateful for the incredible service from the Senior Sous Chef, Vincent. Not only did he take a completely custom food order form me, but it was delicious! I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to post your review. I am sorry your travel plans were disrupted, but glad you were directed our way. Chef Vincent is special as unlike many chefs who prefer to be in the kitchen, Chef is equally talented with the guests. He is always striving to offer our guests a positive stay. I am glad he prepared a dish you enjoyed and appreciate you mentioning him by name so we can properly recognize him for his efforts.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will return....on a planned trip. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

There are plenty of hotels with complimentary internet service included in a comparible price. I will select another hotel before having to pay extra for this service. I was forced to use their business centre computer (after waiting in a line) to check in my flight. Other than that the staff was good and the rooms were clean. The pool is only open in the evening which is a bit of a pain as well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry you are upset by the Internet charge. We do offer rates that include the price of Internet so please be sure to check the many rate options that are available.

The choice to charge for the Internet is actually made by Hilton Worldwide, not the hotel. Hilton Worldwide has decided that all full service hotels (Doubletree, Hilton, and Embassy Suites) will charge for Internet. This is the same decision at most major hotel chains (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they too charge in their full service brands. As you mentioned we do offer a business center on site at no charge for those that choose not to pay. In addition we have computers designated for boarding pass printing. There is no cost to use these computers.

I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly and enjoyed the other aspects of your stay. Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will return to use a rate that includes the Internet charge. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Doubletree by Hilton is always welcome home greeting, reliable, clean, spacious rooms, unpretentious. I have been staying at this particular property for maybe 25 years. It has been upgraded appropriately. But the location and the quality remain the same.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your review. Wow, a 25 year veteran of the hotel! Thank you for continuing to return. It is so rewarding to read that you a fond of the many updates and find the service remains to be top quality. We will continue to welcome you back and make you feel at home. I know there are many hotel choices in the area and am truly honored that you have chosen to be so loyal to the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit. Please know that we do not take your decision to return for granted and will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Excellent room accomendations, meeting, food & beverage service. The hotel shuttle from airport was very convenient. Enjoyed the close locations of many shopping opportunities and restaurants. I enjoyed my stay at the DoubleTree Hotel and will return in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. It is rewarding to read that you had a successful stay with us during your conference. We are fortunate that the hotel is in such close proximity to the airport, shopping mall, Metro, and much more. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your needs.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Great room, service, and view. We really appreciated the free ride to where we had to go and back with a minimum of waiting time. It was a perfect location for our visit and very near where we needed be.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to share your review. It is so nice to read that you had a fantastic stay experience. It reads like you took advantage of our many view rooms which always makes a stay more special. We really appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

A good value. First room had a/c filter hanging out of the unit. Replacement room had noisy bathroom exhaust fan but a call resulted both in repair and a follow-up call to ensure I was satisfied -- great customer service that time. Only other issue was a non-work safe in the closet (locked open).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dori F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. I am glad you found your stay to be a good value, but apologize for the challenges you experienced. Your comment on the good customer service is appreciated.

Ron, thank you again for your review and I hope you return. We will work very hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Dori.familiant@hilton.com