“CLIA cruise excellence workshop”

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
United States
“CLIA cruise excellence workshop”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The room was comfortable and the staff very professional. The hotel location is within walking distance of the mall and public transportation. If I am ever in Arlington Virginia again, this is the place where I'd stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EvangHouston
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review so others can benefit from your experience. It is nice to read that you had a pleasant experience and left wanting to return. I hope the workshop was successful and I am glad to know that our staff worked hard to help make that happen.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When I checked in, I was upgraded to a King Suite. Loved the upgrade! So much space! Very comfortable bed, I slept very soundly. The living area was large, and had comfortable seating, a TV, refrigerator, sink, counterspace. Being a conference attendee, I got fee in-room wifi. It was somewhat annoying, though, that I had to sign up for the wifi each time I used the internet, as opposed to one every 24 hours. Also, there were no washcloths. Is this something new? This is the third hotel this month that I was in that didn’t have washcloths. Are they becoming extinct? I personally, like to use a washcloth to wash my face at night.

The people at the entrance/exit of the building (on the ground floor) were especially helpful in guiding me on best ways to get around town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. Upgrades are based on availability, but we really like to have one available to surprise a guest. I am happy to read this started off your stay in a positive way. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and had a comfortable stay.

You should have been able to sign up once every twenty-four hours for the WiFi. I can understand why having to log back in each time would be annoying and apologize this occurred. Our IT Director is going to look into this. Wow, that is a strange coincidence to check into three hotels and all three not have washcloths. This should have been in your suite and I am sorry they were not. The Director of Housekeeping will follow up with his staff to remind them to double check to ensure the proper towels are left for our guests. Again, my apologies that the washcloths were not present in your suite.

I appreciate you mentioning the bell staff being helpful. Thank you again for your review and we hope we can welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Grapeview, Washington
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a great place to stay for a week of visiting the Washington DC area. It is comfortable and quiet, considering the proximity to the airport. It is an easy three block walk to the Metro Yellow or Blue Line trains. But what set it apart for us was the friendliness and helpful attitude of the staff...from check-in where they upgraded our room, to the concierge, to the waiter at breakfast, to the maid who serviced our room. Since we were there for a longer stay, they would greet us like seeing friends each day. I travel a lot and rarely see this kind of service.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is rewarding to read that you had such a great visit as we work hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests. We are fortunate to be in a convenient location to the Metro which makes it so simple to get inside Washington DC.

Our staff works understands that every hotel has beds, televisions, and restaurants, but it is the service that can make the difference. It is appreciated that you recognized the teams efforts to offer you a positive experience.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope we can welcome you back soon and work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Good location with on time shuttles to Reagan Airport and Potomac City Metro stop. Nice bar and bar food.
Excellent Skydome revolving restaurant on the top floor. Friendly staff. BUT, no AC for five days. Inattentive cleaning staff. No hot water our last day.
Exiting the parking garage is a continuing adventure as folks cannot seem to figure out how to use the system.
Could have easily been 4 or 5 circles, but this place has real infrastructure problems and we shall not return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. The shuttles do make it convenient to get to the Metro and Mall. Our drivers work hard to stick to the schedule so the wait times are minimal. I am happy to read you took advantage of this amenity. It is also nice to know that you enjoyed your Skydome experience.

My sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced. I would love to find out more details on the lack of air conditioning as that should not have occurred. If the unit in your room could not be fixed a room change should have been offered to you. I am very sorry and hope you will give me more information on this. There was a brief unexpected interruption in our hot water due to a boiler failure, but that was corrected as quickly as possible. My apologies to you that this caused you an inconvenience on your last day with us. The Director of Housekeeping is also hopeful you will contact me to offer more information on the lack of service you experienced. I am sure this was frustrating and I am sorry this occurred.

I will share your comments with the Director of the company that runs the parking garage to see if clearer signs on the how to exit the parking garage are needed. I am sorry that you have decided not to return and hope you will reconsider. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Double Tree far exceeded the price. Quick walk to Pentagon City. Very nice hotel with very nice people. Shuttle picked us up from airport which was nice. Pentagon City has a Metro station with quick rides to Pentagon and Arlington Cemetary.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you found value in staying with us. Our guests do enjoy having the option of riding in the complimentary shuttle or walking the three blocks to the Metro/Mall. I appreciate your comment on the staff being friendly.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Doubletree have got customer service down to the T! From the great warm cookie at check in, to the bed which is just awesome! (I want one for home!!) You know when you choose a Doubletree hotel, what you are going to get!

With the complimentary shuttle from Reagan Airport, and to the nearest Metro Station, this hotel is situated ideally. Only 10 minutes from Washington centre, what more could you want?

Pairing this with the huge savings that you get from not being located in Central Washington, I will return here on my next visit again.

I never ate at the restaurant on site, and there wasn't much nearby (10 min walk minimum) but being a metro ride away from the city centre, this wasn't a problem for me.

The room was a good size, with a coffee maker, and iron/board. WiFi is a cost option, and was down for 2 out of the 3 days I was here, but that was not the hotels fault - they had no internet full stop.. A bit frustrating, but not the end of the world!

Vey nice hotel - a Typical Doubletree experience really. I will always try to book a Doubletree!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Max L
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. It is so nice to read you had a fantastic stay experience. The cookies are delicious and a great way to welcome our guests. Actually, so many people have asked on how to purchase the bed used at Doubletree Hotels for a home that there is a website now available to do so. Please contact me for further information if you'd like.

I am glad the shuttles made it convenient for you to get around. Many of our guests enjoy the option of walking to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. We are fortunate to be the closest VA hotel to Washington DC so we can offer our guests the Washington DC experience without the Washington DC hefty prices. I am glad you recognized the value of staying in Crystal City over Washington DC as the savings are significant.

Hopefully on your next visit you will go to the Skydome, which sits atop the hotel. The stunning view and revolving floor make for a memorable experience. The challenge with the Internet was frustrating and I appreciate your understanding as the problem was not one the hotel could fix, but with the external vendor that supplies the Internet. My apologies this occurred during your stay.

Memphis
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Although the location is near the airport and convenient, look into staying at a different hotel if you can. The internet was down for over 3 days, the room temperature stayed above 75 even though the thermometer was on 65. I did not enjoy my stay here and wouldn't recommend anyone staying here either.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you had a disappointing stay. There was a challenge with the Internet related to the outside service. Unfortunately, it was not something we could correct on-site and it affected more than just our hotel. I can understand why this was frustrating for you and apologize this occurred.

I am unsure if you let us know about your room being uncomfortable while you were here. If so, I would expect an engineer would have tried to correct the challenge or offer you a room change. Please contact me with more details if this did not occur. Again, I am sorry you were uncomfortable.

Thank you again for your review and I sincerely apologize that we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.