DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was only there for one night, during a crazy convention. The room was very nice and clean. The ice machines and vending machines worked well. Other than the fact that the hotel lobby area (where we spent much of our time) was boiling hot, it was a good experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is nice to read that your overall stay was comfortable and positive. The lobby is typically very comfortable as with the ample seating many of our guests enjoy meeting up there, but I am sorry it was warm during your visit.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back so we can work hard to offer you a great visit. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City

Reviewed 8 May 2014

great location within walking distance to Pentagon City Mall and the metro station. Shuttle to metro and airport is great. Bedding VERY comfortable. could have better food service- limited choices for eating in, but luckily alot of restaurants close by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your needs. Our guests really enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/Mall (3 blocks; 7-10 minute walk) or taking our complimentary shuttle. We do hear about the comfort of our beds often, in fact so much so that Hilton Worldwide has set up a website so people can purchase the same bed package for their home. It is nice to read that you were so comfortable.

Our food management team is often changing the menu so please share any suggestions that you may have. They often take guest feedback into account when tinkering with the offerings.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back and please know that we will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations.. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We went to a convention and all of the personnel were treating us like their best friends! So courteous too. The room was spacious and very comfortable with a great view. I would definitely stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your review. We have had a very positive response from the majority of attendees of the convention and it is very rewarding to read that you had a wonderful visit. Our staff really works hard to make our guests feel welcome and I am so happy to know this occurred for you.

We are fortunate to be the closest Virginia hotel to Washington DC and this allows us to have so many view rooms that our guests really enjoy. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your accommodations.

Thank you again for your review and your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back and please know that we will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations.. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The DoubleTree was great. They gave us warm cookies at check in, carried our bags up for us, the beds were amazing, the room in excellent condition, and everything just felt warmer than other hotels I've been in. I really enjoyed it, I recommend them if you need to be in the D.C. area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. It is nice to read that you had a wonderful stay experience. I am glad you had a simple check in and enjoyed your accommodations. Our goal is to have our guests leave happy and wanting to return. It is rewarding to read that this goal was met with you.

Thank you again for your review and your recommendation. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booked 20 rooms for meeting well in advance.10 of the rooms were not available until 6:30 pm. ATTITUDE of front desk was disappointing, not helpful.
Next night 7 of keys would not open door. Response of front desk,"the computer says the key should work. No supervisor available. No apologies. Later that evening one of the guests in my group was treated rudely and very unprofessional inthe Sky Dome lounge.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry you had an unpleasant experience. We did apologize for the inconvenience of having to wait to check in and offered complimentary breakfast to those rooms that were delayed. At the time, this compensation was well received. I can understand why the delay in check in was frustrating. It is unusual for check in to be delayed that long and again apologize to you that this occurred.

We have a new key system and deactiviation of keys is rare. The desk personnel was working to try and identify the problem. My understanding is that you did speak to a Front Desk Supervisor and while you were clearly upset she was trying to assist you. In speaking to the Skydome Manager, he personally went down to the floors of some patrons with your group that mentioned a key problem to ensure they were able to get into their rooms without any challenges. Thankfully, the keys worked. I am truly sorry some of the room keys did not work on the second night of your stay.

I am unsure what occurred to make you think the treatment of your colleague was unprofessional. This guest appeared to be intoxicated to a level that it was not safe for us to serve any more drinks to that person. The bartender correctly told her supervisor and he in turn told this patron that no more drinks would be served. The patron was advised he/she could stay in the Skydome, but would not be served. This was also explained to someone else (perhaps you) in the group who identified himself as the group leader. I can understand why it would be upsetting to be cut off, but it is the against the law to serve anyone who appears to be overly intoxicated. I hope you understand the reason this occurred.

It is nice to know that you did speak to your Event Manager and the Director of Sales and accepted fair compensation for the frustration of the keys not working as well as your disappointment with the overall stay experience. Thank you again for your review. We will use your comments to help us improve. I hope the readers of this review also read the many other reviews to know the large majority of our guests/groups leave happy and wanting to return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Flawless check in...cookies upon arrival! A wonderful bar/restaurant in the Skydome...it slowly swivels so you have a panoramic view of all of DC. Not to be missed! Excellent service! Check out was equally as fast, and got a cab right out front.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to post your review. It is nice to read that you had a wonderful experience. The famous Doubletree cookie is an excellent way to welcome our guest. I am glad that your check in/check out went smooth and you enjoyed your Skydome experience. I agree with you that all guests should go up to the Skydome as it is so unique and there is not a better way to view Washington DC.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

While we did appreciate the helpful and friendly staff, the comfortable bed, the free shuttle bus service and the convenient location of this hotel, we weren't very impressed with the room itself. Unfortunately the walls are "paper thin" and you could hear all of the noise and conversation from the rooms on either side. The mini fridge was handy, but was equipped with some sort of timer that ticked constantly day and night and was quite annoying. And the bathroom had very poor lighting, low water pressure in the shower and really needed a fan for ventilation. So I will look for another hotel next time we are in the DC/NoVA area, but would stay here if it was the only option.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your review. I am happy to read that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed the shuttle as well the comfortable bed.

I have not heard the comment of the refrigerator ticking before and wish you let us know. We would have happily changed it so this was not a disturbance for you. I am sorry the ticking occurred and also that you found the walls to be too thin.

The water pressure should not have been low as high water pressure is something we typically receive many positive comments on. I am sorry this was your experience and that you would look to stay elsewhere based on the condition of your room.

Thank you again for your review and we hope we can welcome you back. Please know that should you return, we will work hard to change your perception of the hotel. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.