DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
anaheim, United States
“Trip”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I enjoyed everything about the hotel and would book a room there again. The bar food was great. I was disappointed the Cafe didn't stay open for dinner. The only problem I had was booking it online it would not show any rooms available for a 2 night stay so I had to book it and pay for 3 nights but was only there two nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for your review. Our goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return. It is nice to read that this goal was met with you. We serve dinner out of the Lobby Bar and the Skydome. Both offer menus with dinner entrees and I am glad that you enjoyed the food. The Cafe used to be open for dinner, but we found the majority of guests preferred the Lobby Bar or Skydome so the Cafe now only serves breakfast and lunch.

Depending on the demand and occupancy of the hotel there are certain days that have minimum nights stay requirements. I am glad you were able to stay with us. Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel had everything I needed by wasn't extraordinary. I was eased with the service but several of my colleagues had rude service and brought this to management's attention. I reported my coffee lot was not working and they immediately replaced it and offered me a free coffee from the lobby cafe. Food prices were too high but the bed was comfy, and the location was close to the metro.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. I am glad to read the hotel met your expectations and had everything you were looking for. While I am sorry to learn of your colleagues' experience I am glad they let a manager know and we had an opportunity to make it right. It is nice to read that your interactions with the employees were positive and they tried to go above and beyond to please you.

I am sorry you felt the food prices were too high and appreciate you mentioning your bed as being comfortable. Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. We will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for a convention that was being held there. The hotel is very clean and tastefully designed. My only complaint was that the venue for the convention was not the same layout in which I ordered my tickets so the seating was not to my preference.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your review. We really enjoyed hosting the convention and feedback from the attendees has been positive. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the housekeeping staff appreciates you mentioning how clean it is kept.

As you most likely know, the vendor that put on the convention sold the tickets, however, I am sorry that you were not happy with your seat. I do hope you still had a great time at the convention.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Worst hotel experience I ever had! The air conditioner did not work and when I told the hotel, nothing was done. The room smelled, carpet and chairs had stains on them. The curtains were ripped off and barely hanging on. The only good thing about the hotel was most of the staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry we did not offer you a positive experience. it is disappointing to read that when you alerted us to your challenge that the response was not one that is acceptable. I encourage all of our guests to let us know about anything that is not right and fully expect our team will do whatever can be done to correct the challenge. I apologize to you that this did not occur for you and please know I will be following up on this to help make sure it is not repeated for another guest.

While I am happy to read that the staff was friendly, it does not make up for the poor condition of the room you stayed in. I hope you will reach out to me so I can identify the room number and try to make it right with you.

Thank you again for your review. I am sorry we let you down, but appreciate the feedback. We take your comments very seriously and will you them to help us improve. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The room was not ready on admission at 3pm, The room had already been paid for but I was still asked for a credit card. The food was not good at all and overpriced for poor food. Tip was added to the bill and I was not even offered a drink. My yogurt was moldy from the store even though it was dated that it was still safe to eat. The light switch did not work in the bathroom.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We work hard to have all of our rooms ready for check in at 3pm. There are times this can be delayed due to a late check out from the previous guest or a maintenance repair that is needed. I understand this can be frustrating and apologize that the room was not available for you at 3pm.

A credit card will be asked for at check in to cover any incidentals. I am sorry if this was not explained properly to you. It is surprising to read that you did not enjoy your meal as we receive such great feedback on the food quality. Without knowing the specifics of your order I can not say for certain why tip was added. However, in most cases a gratuity is added only with a large party. I am happy to have the Director of Food & Beverage follow up with you if you'd like as he would love to learn more about your dining experience. Please provide me some contact information if you would like to speak to him. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal.

As you most likely know, the date on the yogurt in Made Market is put on from the manufacturer, not the hotel. I hope you returned this for another item as well as let us know that the bulb in your bathroom needed to be replaced. A burned out light bulb is usually caught by the housekeeper and replaced prior to check in. My apologies that this did not occur this time.

Thank you again for your review. I am sorry we let you down, but appreciate the feedback. We will most definitely use your review to help us improve. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Arlington, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was slightly disappointed due to the limited availability of information in the room. There was a room service menu and a magazine of local events. No guide to the area, services available, TV Channels. No restuarant guide for the area. Third day there was no hot water in the Hotel (1 MAY 14). and Television was very intermitiant (HBO usually did not have a signal). Just seemed as though the place needed a little polish to make the stay more enjoyable - no where near my previous stays at Double Tree or Hilton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. Actually, we have ordered new "good to know" booklets for our rooms and look forward to having them available shortly. I am sorry this information was not available to you in your room, but hope you asked our concierge or bell staff for assistance as they are very knowledgeable about the area.

The temporary disruption is hot water was unexpected as there was a boiler challenge. Thankfully, this was corrected within a couple of hours, but I am sorry this occurred during your stay and for any inconvenience this caused you. I am unaware of any system wide challenge with HBO or the television stations and wish you let us know during your stay so an engineer could have tried to correct this. I am sure it was frustrating for you and I offer my apologies for this.

Charles Town, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was only there for one night, during a crazy convention. The room was very nice and clean. The ice machines and vending machines worked well. Other than the fact that the hotel lobby area (where we spent much of our time) was boiling hot, it was a good experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is nice to read that your overall stay was comfortable and positive. The lobby is typically very comfortable as with the ample seating many of our guests enjoy meeting up there, but I am sorry it was warm during your visit.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back so we can work hard to offer you a great visit. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.