“Convenient to Airport, Satisfactory Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A 10 minute cab ride from DCA, DoubleTree was clean and comfortable. Upgraded to a suite due to Hilton gold membership. Service was fine, restaurant choices limited. Lobby restaurant only open through lunch. Rotating restaurant at top of hotel was essentially a dance floor covered with folding tables and chairs. Great views, poor ambience, food was satisfactory. 15 minute walk to more restaurant options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to share your review. I am so glad that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. We try to offer upgrades when available and it is nice to read you were offered one. Our Cafe is open for breakfast and lunch, but our Lobby Bar as well as the Skydome are open for dinner. Both have full dinner menus available, but I am sorry you felt the options were limited. The Made Market is open from 6am - 11pm daily and offers food to go; both quick bites/drinks and meals.

Truthfully, I am unsure what you are referring to about the decor of the Skydome. We do not have any folding tables or chairs in the Skydome. I would love to hear more about what you experienced.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here this past week due to a death in the family...

I've stayed here before and love the service from the parking attendants up to the front desk and beyond..

Parking there are two choices, (Self park which is less or valet which is more)

The lobby is impressive when you come up to the top of the escalator...

Front desk check-in was a breeze thanks in part to Jeane and Brittany..who had one of my 3 rooms ready when we arrived...at 11am...

Rate was great, since we were staying for two nights...and we stayed in the Modern One-bedroom suites with sofabed and seperate living area from the bedroom..

View wasn't too impressive but the room was great..very modern and new feeling..

Rooms 1163 and 1162 are the rooms we ended up having...

You are within walking distance of two Metro Stations, Crystal City (Yellow & Blue) or Pentagon City (Yellow & Blue) there is also a shuttle that will take you to Pentagon City as well if you don't or can't walk...

There aren't a lot of restaurants right near the hotel unless you go to Pentagon City..

We will definitely be back and I always enjoy my stay here...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. First, I am very sorry to read about the death in the family, but glad to read that we helped make this time a little easier for you by offering a positive hotel experience.

Jeanne and Brittany work hard to offer a pleasant check in and check out experience to our guests. I appreciate you recognizing their efforts. While early check ins are based on availability, they try to meet this request whenever possible.

Our view rooms are located in the North Tower and those do offer fantastic views of Washington DC. Our suites are located in the South Tower and while the view is not as nice as the North Tower, I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your suite accommodations.

Our guests really enjoy the option of walking to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. It is nice to read that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. Many of our guests (families especially) enjoy dining in the food court at the Pentagon City Fashion Center Mall, but there are also restaurants within a three block radius of the hotel. On the other side of the mall is Pentagon Row which offers many dining options.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I enjoyed everything about the hotel and would book a room there again. The bar food was great. I was disappointed the Cafe didn't stay open for dinner. The only problem I had was booking it online it would not show any rooms available for a 2 night stay so I had to book it and pay for 3 nights but was only there two nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return. It is nice to read that this goal was met with you. We serve dinner out of the Lobby Bar and the Skydome. Both offer menus with dinner entrees and I am glad that you enjoyed the food. The Cafe used to be open for dinner, but we found the majority of guests preferred the Lobby Bar or Skydome so the Cafe now only serves breakfast and lunch.

Depending on the demand and occupancy of the hotel there are certain days that have minimum nights stay requirements. I am glad you were able to stay with us. Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel had everything I needed by wasn't extraordinary. I was eased with the service but several of my colleagues had rude service and brought this to management's attention. I reported my coffee lot was not working and they immediately replaced it and offered me a free coffee from the lobby cafe. Food prices were too high but the bed was comfy, and the location was close to the metro.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for sharing your review. I am glad to read the hotel met your expectations and had everything you were looking for. While I am sorry to learn of your colleagues' experience I am glad they let a manager know and we had an opportunity to make it right. It is nice to read that your interactions with the employees were positive and they tried to go above and beyond to please you.

I am sorry you felt the food prices were too high and appreciate you mentioning your bed as being comfortable. Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. We will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for a convention that was being held there. The hotel is very clean and tastefully designed. My only complaint was that the venue for the convention was not the same layout in which I ordered my tickets so the seating was not to my preference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your review. We really enjoyed hosting the convention and feedback from the attendees has been positive. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the housekeeping staff appreciates you mentioning how clean it is kept.

As you most likely know, the vendor that put on the convention sold the tickets, however, I am sorry that you were not happy with your seat. I do hope you still had a great time at the convention.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Worst hotel experience I ever had! The air conditioner did not work and when I told the hotel, nothing was done. The room smelled, carpet and chairs had stains on them. The curtains were ripped off and barely hanging on. The only good thing about the hotel was most of the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry we did not offer you a positive experience. it is disappointing to read that when you alerted us to your challenge that the response was not one that is acceptable. I encourage all of our guests to let us know about anything that is not right and fully expect our team will do whatever can be done to correct the challenge. I apologize to you that this did not occur for you and please know I will be following up on this to help make sure it is not repeated for another guest.

While I am happy to read that the staff was friendly, it does not make up for the poor condition of the room you stayed in. I hope you will reach out to me so I can identify the room number and try to make it right with you.

Thank you again for your review. I am sorry we let you down, but appreciate the feedback. We take your comments very seriously and will you them to help us improve. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The room was not ready on admission at 3pm, The room had already been paid for but I was still asked for a credit card. The food was not good at all and overpriced for poor food. Tip was added to the bill and I was not even offered a drink. My yogurt was moldy from the store even though it was dated that it was still safe to eat. The light switch did not work in the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We work hard to have all of our rooms ready for check in at 3pm. There are times this can be delayed due to a late check out from the previous guest or a maintenance repair that is needed. I understand this can be frustrating and apologize that the room was not available for you at 3pm.

A credit card will be asked for at check in to cover any incidentals. I am sorry if this was not explained properly to you. It is surprising to read that you did not enjoy your meal as we receive such great feedback on the food quality. Without knowing the specifics of your order I can not say for certain why tip was added. However, in most cases a gratuity is added only with a large party. I am happy to have the Director of Food & Beverage follow up with you if you'd like as he would love to learn more about your dining experience. Please provide me some contact information if you would like to speak to him. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal.

As you most likely know, the date on the yogurt in Made Market is put on from the manufacturer, not the hotel. I hope you returned this for another item as well as let us know that the bulb in your bathroom needed to be replaced. A burned out light bulb is usually caught by the housekeeper and replaced prior to check in. My apologies that this did not occur this time.

Thank you again for your review. I am sorry we let you down, but appreciate the feedback. We will most definitely use your review to help us improve. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.