DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I used this hotel because it was within walking distance to the Pentagon. It is only about a 10 min walk so that was good, but this hotel really needs a makeover. The rooms look very out of date and worn. To be fair they were ok, but I would recommend either the Crystal City Embassy Suites which is also within walking distance to the Pentagon or the Crystal City Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you found our location to be convenient to the Pentagon. As you mentioned it is a brief walk, with the bulk of that walk being crossing the large parking lot at the Pentagon.

I am happy to let you know that we are scheduled to have the remainder of our rooms remodeled at the end of this year. We are excited to be able to offer our guests newly modeled rooms. I hope you enjoyed the public areas which were recently renovated along with most of our suites.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. Please know that we will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

I appreciate your time –

Reviewed 15 May 2014

i stayed here for 4 nights and i was in the center of all DC attractions. HopeWoodend and Dolton also assist and fedx my jacket I left in the closet. Hand ups for this facility. The cookies are good. FREE shuttle every 15 minutes to and from Washington National Airport. CABS were easy access for me to use for DC attractions small fee.

Room Tip: You will love your stay here FREE shuttle to and from Washington National Airport
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the time you took to post your review. We appreciate you staying with us and I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your needs. Being we are the closest Virginia hotel to Washington DC, many of our guests are in to visit the Nation's Capital.

We have many guests that leave items behind and we always try to return them. I appreciate you recognizing the efforts of Hope & Sandy to get your jacket back to. The shuttles do make it simple to get to the Airport and Metro and as you wrote, taxis are easy to get if that is the preference.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. Please know that we will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a king two room suite for three nights for a conference and it was great. I had a perfect view of the Washington monument. I can't wait to come back again next year. Staff is friendly, although a little too friendly as one begged me for my phone number as I was leaving my room.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your response. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your suite and look forward to your next visit. Our goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return. It is rewarding to read that this goal was met with you.

Of course, our staff should be accommodating and friendly and i am happy this was your experience. However, there is a line that should not be crossed and I am truly sorry that an employee seems to have gotten to friendly. I would really like to receive more information on this so I can follow up immediately. I encourage you to contact me.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Although my stay was pretty good, there are a few little things that would have made it much better, such as the room actually being available on time, the bathroom shower curtain being changed because it had stains on it and the view from my room being better because I paid extra to have a better view.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am glad your overall stay was positive and appreciate the suggestions on how to make your next stay even better. I see you checked in a little after 3:30 and apologize that your room was not available at 3pm. We have recently changed our check in time to 4pm to try and ensure all rooms are available at the expected time. The Director of Housekeeping has been alerted to your comment on the shower curtain and I am sorry this was not corrected prior to check in.

Upon receiving your review I went up to the room that you stayed in as it is listed as a view room. Truthfully, I am unsure what about the view disappointed you. The room offers an unobstructed view of Washington DC with the view including the Pentagon, Captiol, Washington Monument, and other popular DC attractions. I am sorry that the view was not to your liking and would be interested to hear what about it let you down.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. We will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A 10 minute cab ride from DCA, DoubleTree was clean and comfortable. Upgraded to a suite due to Hilton gold membership. Service was fine, restaurant choices limited. Lobby restaurant only open through lunch. Rotating restaurant at top of hotel was essentially a dance floor covered with folding tables and chairs. Great views, poor ambience, food was satisfactory. 15 minute walk to more restaurant options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to share your review. I am so glad that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. We try to offer upgrades when available and it is nice to read you were offered one. Our Cafe is open for breakfast and lunch, but our Lobby Bar as well as the Skydome are open for dinner. Both have full dinner menus available, but I am sorry you felt the options were limited. The Made Market is open from 6am - 11pm daily and offers food to go; both quick bites/drinks and meals.

Truthfully, I am unsure what you are referring to about the decor of the Skydome. We do not have any folding tables or chairs in the Skydome. I would love to hear more about what you experienced.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here this past week due to a death in the family...

I've stayed here before and love the service from the parking attendants up to the front desk and beyond..

Parking there are two choices, (Self park which is less or valet which is more)

The lobby is impressive when you come up to the top of the escalator...

Front desk check-in was a breeze thanks in part to Jeane and Brittany..who had one of my 3 rooms ready when we arrived...at 11am...

Rate was great, since we were staying for two nights...and we stayed in the Modern One-bedroom suites with sofabed and seperate living area from the bedroom..

View wasn't too impressive but the room was great..very modern and new feeling..

Rooms 1163 and 1162 are the rooms we ended up having...

You are within walking distance of two Metro Stations, Crystal City (Yellow & Blue) or Pentagon City (Yellow & Blue) there is also a shuttle that will take you to Pentagon City as well if you don't or can't walk...

There aren't a lot of restaurants right near the hotel unless you go to Pentagon City..

We will definitely be back and I always enjoy my stay here...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. First, I am very sorry to read about the death in the family, but glad to read that we helped make this time a little easier for you by offering a positive hotel experience.

Jeanne and Brittany work hard to offer a pleasant check in and check out experience to our guests. I appreciate you recognizing their efforts. While early check ins are based on availability, they try to meet this request whenever possible.

Our view rooms are located in the North Tower and those do offer fantastic views of Washington DC. Our suites are located in the South Tower and while the view is not as nice as the North Tower, I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your suite accommodations.

Our guests really enjoy the option of walking to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. It is nice to read that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. Many of our guests (families especially) enjoy dining in the food court at the Pentagon City Fashion Center Mall, but there are also restaurants within a three block radius of the hotel. On the other side of the mall is Pentagon Row which offers many dining options.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I enjoyed everything about the hotel and would book a room there again. The bar food was great. I was disappointed the Cafe didn't stay open for dinner. The only problem I had was booking it online it would not show any rooms available for a 2 night stay so I had to book it and pay for 3 nights but was only there two nights.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return. It is nice to read that this goal was met with you. We serve dinner out of the Lobby Bar and the Skydome. Both offer menus with dinner entrees and I am glad that you enjoyed the food. The Cafe used to be open for dinner, but we found the majority of guests preferred the Lobby Bar or Skydome so the Cafe now only serves breakfast and lunch.

Depending on the demand and occupancy of the hotel there are certain days that have minimum nights stay requirements. I am glad you were able to stay with us. Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.