“Looking for nice hotel with ammenties”

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Milwaukee, United States
“Looking for nice hotel with ammenties”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Good location, great view of the city. Not the most accommodating to needs of guests and a bit tired. Cafe okay. No wow factor...so easily could be outstanding. Parking lot filled with wedding and special events..not enough for guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. It is nice to read that you found our location to be convenient for your needs and enjoyed the view. I would love to have more details on what you feel the staff could have done better. We use guest feedback to help up improve and yours would be valuable to us.

It is rare for our lot to be filled, but like with most hotels on certain event weekends it does happen. My apologies that this inconvenienced you.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return. I am truly sorry we did not offer you a fantastic experience and really believe we could change your perception of the staff if given another opportunity. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
alta loma, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

the hotel has a bit of renovation to be done. Hall way carpeting a bit worn, bathroom space very tight no more than 2 people can use it due to space for personal items. the personal in house keeping were available. The air conditioning was not working so they brought up a portable fan and we had that during our stay due to the weather the rooms were stuffy. we had to use tap water other places we have stayed at offer guest bottle water for the consumption of coffee or tea. also other hotels provide small refrigerator and small micro-wave oven. Given the price that we had to pay for each day. They did give us a good cookie at check in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We are excited to have a remodel project coming towards the end of this year and appreciate you recognizing the work in the public space that we had done last year. I also appreciate you recognizing the helpfulness of the housekeeping staff. My apologies that your room was not a comfortable temperature as I am sure that was frustrating for you.

We do offer bottled water to Hilton Honors members and have some for sale should guests prefer to have that. I am unfamiliar with hotels that offer this in all rooms, but I will forward your suggestion to Hilton Worldwide as they often make changes based on guest feedback. Some rooms do have microwaves and refrigerators in them and we have some available upon request for the rooms that do not. I wish you would have let us know that you needed these as we would have brought them to you. As part of our remodel project it is planned to have these amenities available in all rooms. I am glad you enjoyed the cookie as it is a nice way to welcome our guests.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I came to the Washington DC area to attend an event at the Kennedy Center - I called the hotel ahead of time to advise I will be arriving late (around 11:30PM). "No problem," I was told.

Before I booked the hotel I verified that it offers parking. It does. There is Valet Parking and a Self Parking Garage.

When I arrived I entered the Self Parking Garage first. There was no sign or indication that it may be full. However, it was full. Not only was there no free parking space there, the numerous cars already parked inside created such mayhem that I had hard time getting out of the maze. I was able to leave the garage with no charges assessed, and proceeded immediately to the Valet Parking station.

There was no one there.

I waited. I waited some more. I asked hotel employees nearby where the person in charge of Valet Parking was but received only "I don't know"s. It took 15 minutes for the person to come back finally and then he told me that "there is no parking available anywhere."

"What do I do now?" I asked. His answer was "there is no parking available anywhere."

"How am I expected to check in then?" His answer: "there is no parking available anywhere."

"But I have a reservation" His answer did not change. "There is no parking available anywhere."

I drove away, reckoning I would need to find another hotel to spend the night. However, I was lucky. About half a mile away from the hotel I spotted a car leaving a parking space on the street as I was driving. I quickly took the spot, then carried my suitcase and bags back to the hotel.

The clerk at the reception desk was indifferent to my complaint that you cannot leave a customer with a confirmed (and nonrefundable) reservation stranded like this. Her attitude seems to be that the hotel is in high demand, and so no one there cares at all about anybody. As far as she was concerned I could sleep in my car. This seems to be the attitude of the rest of the staff as well. "We really really do not care."

Needless to say I will not be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Reuel_Tidhar
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. I am so sorry that you had a challenging stay. While the parking lot does get full on a rare occasion, it is very disappointing to read the response you received. I too would be frustrated to receive that response when inquiring as to where to park.

Our valet and garage are run from an outside company and I have shared your comments with the Director so he can look into this further. I also will be following up with the Director of Front Office so she can identify the person you spoke to and go over a more appropriate response. I am going to reach out to you to try and make it right.

I hope the readers of this review also take the time to read the many other reviews that mention the great customer service received. This in no way diminishes your experience, but it is not the typical guest experience. I hope you will reconsider your decision not to return as I know we can offer you much better stay and restore your faith in the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City.

Thank you again for your review and once again I am truly sorry that we let you down. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Rochester, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel is located just a short walk from the Metro Station allowing easy access to all the DC tourist attractions. The revolving restaurant at the top of the hotel was fantastic. You could look out and see the Pentagon across the highway and had views of the many other major attractions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience. This time of year the majority of our guests are in to tour Washington DC. Many appreciate how close we are to the Metro as this makes it so simple to get in/out of Washington DC. I am glad our location was convenient for your needs. The Skydome is a unique venue and I really recommend all of our guests go up there to take in the stunning view. A lot of guests come back from touring, go up to the Skydome and enjoy locating all of the attractions they just saw earlier in the day. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your Skydome experience.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Tampa, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was visitiing my son for his graduation from GWU. I initially booked because I have had great experiences with Doubletree and the price was right. But what a great hotel and location. It is convenient to the metro station and the airport with shuttles that take you back and forth without the need to call and ask for one. Hotel is beautiful and staff is friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again when visiting the DC area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Julie K
Thank you for posting a review. First, allow me to congratulate you on your son's graduation. We love to see guests coming in for happy occasions and I am sure you are a very proud parent.

It is nice to read that we added to your history of positive stays at Doubletree Hotels. We are fortunate to be in a location that is so convenient to the Airport and Metro which makes getting in/out so simple. Many of our guests mention they enjoy having the option of walking the three blocks to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. The set schedule is helpful for our guests as they know when to expect the shuttle and can plan their say a little easier. I appreciate your comments on the decor of the hotel and our staff who work hard to give all guests an experience like the one you had.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Tuxedo Park, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Fast check in and check out. Our room was by the elevator but changed with no problems. Good hotel with an amazing view from the revolving restaurant at the top floor. However, drinks were not as expected. The underground parking lot was expensive and full on the weekend. Pool was good for the kids and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments so others can benefit from your stay. The front desk team realizes that after a long day at the airport or in the car the last thing anyone wants to do is experience an extensive check in process. They work hard to make it quick and friendly and it is nice to read that this was your experience.

We try to meet all guest requests and I am glad we could accommodate yours to be away from the elevator. The Skydome is an excellent way to view DC and many of our guests feel there is not a better view of the nation's capital than from the Skydome. i am sorry you did not enjoy your drinks and hope you let us know so we could make it right. A manager is usually present in the Skydome and really wants to hear back from our guests when something is not as planned or about a great experience.

I can understand why you would feel the parking was expensive if you come from an area with no charge for parking or even less expensive charges. Our charge of $26 per night is in line with the Crystal City area and well below that of Washington DC hotel parking. The lot can become full on event weekends. We are so happy to have our pool reopened and it is nice to read that your family enjoyed it.

Murrieta, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our 2nd stay here in the past 2 months... the first was excellent so we came back and it was every bit as good if not better. Helpful and friendly staff, great location, reasonable price (room). Cafe/bar and market inside hotel as well as parking are a bit expensive but the room rate very reasonable

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. It is so nice to read that we exceeded your expectations on both of your visits. I am so glad that you had positive interactions with the team as they really enjoy welcoming back familiar faces.

Hotel restaurants are generally a little higher priced than non hotel food outlets, but I hope if you did dine with us that you had an enjoyable meal. Thank you again for your review and for returning. We hope to welcome you back for your third visit soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.