DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Scottsville, Virginia
“Visit to DC”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We went to DC to visit family for one night and we always stay at the Doubletree by Hilton. The check in is efficient and the staff has always been polite. The hotel has on-site parking for their guests. The cost is $26.00 per night, but I do believe this is a little steep for guests. A recommendation for the hotel at the minimum, reduce that cost by half. We understand that everywhere in DC there is a cost for parking your car, but have this as an amenity for your guests.
We reserved a King Suite, with a balcony; which has the best views of the DC area. Our room was in excellent shape, bathroom was nice and spacious and just overall we had a great time and the hotel made it a nice place to relax for the evening. The pool is located on the 14th floor of the North Tower and has a wonderful view of the city. Very well maintained, lifeguard on duty who was very polite. We will defiantly return to the Doubletree by Hilton

Room Tip: Ask for room, with a balcony on the 14th floor if there is one available. Better views of the DC are...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. I am so glad that you had a positive experience during your stay and sincerely appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the staff. You are correct that all hotels in this area do charge for parking. Our $26 charge is in line with the area hotels and well below what is found at hotels inside Washington DC. We do offer rate packages that include parking at a discounted price. Please be sure to look at these offers should you return. I appreciate your suggestion on lowering the cost.

We are fortunate to be the closest hotel to Washington DC, which means that many of our rooms have an unobstructed view of the nation's capital. It is nice to read that you not only enjoyed your view, but also the suite accommodations.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back. Please know that we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great location . Loved the revolving Sky Room . Staff provided timely service on any issues . Provided transportation to Metro . Meeting rooms were adequate. Room was always cleaned each day and no issues on room service

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is nice to read that you had such a nice experience. The Skydome is very unique and I am glad you enjoyed your time in there. We really enjoyed hosting your reunion and being able to welcome so many heroes to the hotel.

Thank you again for your review. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Providence, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Clean hotel our room had 2 full sized beds. I wished the room had 2 queen sized beds. The hotel restaurant prices are too high. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the METRO station while other hotels nearby offered their guest shuttles to nearby restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I know the housekeeping staff will appreciate you pointing out the hotel is clean as they work so hard to make that happen. While we do not have any rooms with two queen beds, we do offer some suites with a king bed and pull out sofa bed; perhaps that would be more comfortable should you return.

Typically a hotel of this size will not offer an "upon request" shuttle as that would be nearly impossible to manage due to the amount of guests in the hotel. Only a select few smaller properties offer this kind of shuttle. Our Metro shuttle drops off at the Pentagon City Metro Station which is located outside the large Mall which features a food court. Also in that area are some dining establishments. I hope you took advantage of the shuttle to get to these, although they are also within walking distance (3 blocks; 7-10 minutes)

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my reviews to contact me anytime.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2014

An organization I volunteer for has had the annual conference here for the past 3 years. It does the job, but it's not a favorite hotel for me. Food options are lacking and one year my room had a yucky looking stain on the wall and a dust coated vent in the bathroom. Last year was better as the room had no noticeable problems.

The hotel pool is a nice thing to have and the conference facilities have always been good.

It's a great location if you need to get to the Pentagon, but for lobbying on Capitol Hill, we were a long way away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so appreciative that your organization chooses to return each year. I am sorry that you were not happy with the condition of your room and I am glad you have past positive experiences to know this is not the norm. We are hopeful by the time you return next year that you will be able to stay in a newly remodeled room as right now this project is set to begin at the end of this year. The Director of Housekeeping is going to look into the dusty bathroom as that should never occur and once again I am sorry that it did.

Our Director of Food & Beverage changes the menu often so please suggest any items that you would like to see offered. He often bases these changes on guest feedback. We have so many groups and individuals that come in to lobby on the hill and find our location to be convenient for this. However, I am sorry you do not share that opinion.

Thank you again for your review and we will work hard to ensure your next stay is a more positive one. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Burscough
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel twice in May - spent some time in Boston. Hotel is out of town but the Metro is only about ten minutes walk away so easy to get everywhere.If doing a Trolley Bus tour one of them picks up at the hotel. Can't fault the hotel as it was just what we needed and the staff were excellent. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us twice and I am glad you found our location to be convenient. Many of our guests really enjoy the option of walking to/from, the Metro or riding on our complimentary shuttle. The Old Towne Trolley picks up close to the hotel and offers an excellent tour of Washington DC. There are also other options for touring and our bellman are happy to show our guests the options and make a reservation. Your comment on the staff is appreciated as they work hard to offer this type of experience to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope to welcome you back for your third visit soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Claxton, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were not allowed in our room on Sunday until after 5:00pm. The hostess told us that housekeeping said they were putting up wallpaper.. When we got in the room, there was NO smell of glue or anything that would have made you think they were working in the room. We loved the view and the bed. There was NO air-conditioning for our stay. One time two men came and looked at the air condition, and they didn't have a clue what they were looking at. The night we went out to eat, Tuesday, Supposedly someone came and fixed the air. My husband said no one had been in our room still no air. We were disappointed. The food was not good. The luncheon on Wednesday was the best meal we had. Very disappointed. Great Bell hops!! Kind and welling to help us find our way in Washington DC. The hospitality room for the Veterans was wonderful. We stayed in many hotels on our way to Washington and our return trip, and the beds were just as good, but the breakfast was free and service was awesome!! Y'all need to rethink your ammnities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am sorry for the delayed check in as the wall paper project took a little longer than expected. I am so glad that the smells of the project were not present and also glad to see that you were compensated with almost $20 off your room rate per night. I hope you felt that was a fair offering for the one hour check in delay.

I can understand why you were frustrated not to have your room be at a comfortable temperature. Typically our engineers are able to locate the challenge and correct it. The Director of Property Operations is looking into what occurred to ensure it is not repeated. Once again, I am sorry for the challenge you experienced.

It is really surprising to read that you did not enjoy your food. We received such overwhelmingly positive comments from other members of your group regarding their experience and many commented on how delicious they thought the food was. i am truly sorry you did not enjoy your meals, other than the luncheon. I am hoping you will provide details of what exactly you did not like as that would be very helpful.

I appreciate you mentioning the bellman as they really try to have a positive impact on our guests stay. It is also nice to read that you enjoyed your hospitality suite. We do offer complimentary breakfast in some room packages and with some groups. Your group negotiated a discount off each meal rather than just a complimentary breakfast which is why you were able to receive this.

Thank you again for your review and I appreciate your honest feedback. We hope to host the group again soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Brazoria, TX, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

In general, I found my stay pleasant and convenient. The location was convenient to many location and amenities of interest, although I would probably have found it difficult to find the entrance. However, since I arrived by air the shuttle van solved that problem for me. The two lobby (L and LL) was a bit confusing at first, but that became clear after a couple of false starts. My main annoyances/objections during my stay was related to in-room wifi availability and the elevators. Perhaps I am a little spoiled by free internet service in other places, but I found having to pay for the signal off putting. The elevators were often unresponsive and the doors closed on me (literally) several times. Otherwise, I had a pleasant stay and have no other serious complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had a positive experience on your recent visit. We are fortunate to be in a location that is so convenient to so much including the Pentagon, Metro, Washington DC, a large shopping mall, and so much more. I am glad that you had a smooth arrival on our complimentary shuttle.

We do offer complimentary Internet in the lobby, Lobby Bar, as well as the business center. We also have room packages that include the Internet at a discounted cost. Hilton Worldwide has made the decision to charge for guest room Internet at all full service brands (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and Hilton). This is the same decision made by most other major chains (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc.) as they also charge for Internet in their full service brands. I will share your comment about paying for the Internet with the corporate office.

I wish you let us know of the elevator closing on you while you were here as we would have most definitely looked into it right away. While we proactively maintain the elevators to ensure they are working properly, challenges can pop up. I am unaware of this one as we do not have any recent records of anyone complaining of a challenge with the elevators as it relates to the doors closing. I am sorry this occurred.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.