DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotels proximity to public transportation and to a great Shopping mall was ideal. Great restaurants and a short walk to catch train to DC's main sight seeing area. Staff very friendly, gym area clean with lots of new equipment. highly recommend

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review. We are fortunate to be in a location that is so convenient to the airport, Metro, Mall, and Washington DC. I am glad you found us to be convenient for your needs. Your comment on the staff is appreciated. We are proud to have the largest fitness room of any single hotel in the area.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was choosing for out of town relatives coming from Savannah, Ga., Florida, and Boston for a family reunion, after checking-in I went to my room and the maid made the bed without changing the nasty bloody pillow case and the sheets wasn't change the room was warm even with the curtain close and I went to the pool on the 14th floor and soon as I as the elevator doors open all I can smell was mildew I didn’t even bother to get off. Looking at your advertisement on the internet I must said it didn’t meet no were near what I read, I was very disappointed with my stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. I am sorry that you had such a poor stay experience. I hope you let us know while you were here so we could try to make it right. More than likely the sheets were changed, but stained and put back on the bed. This should have been noticed by the housekeeper and the Director of Housekeeping will follow up with his staff about this.

So many of our guests enjoy the pool every single day and this is the first time I have heard of a bad mil-dew smell when you walk off the elevator on the 14th floor. I am up there often as are our guests that go to the Skydome so I am unsure what you smelled, but it must have been isolated to the timeframe you were up there. I am sorry you felt you could not go swimming.

Thank you again for your review and I am truly sorry that you left disappointed. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great proximity to Reagan airport. Hotel valet good, check-in good. No food at hotel during day/evening. Expensive, but this is an expensive hotel. No complaints if all you want is a place to land in between locations, but I wouldn't choose it as a destination.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is nice to read that you enjoyed our location and check in. I am unsure why you think we do not have food to offer as we have full service restaurants, room service, lounges, and a grab n go outlet.

While i am glad you had a nice stay, i wish I knew why you would not choose us as a destination hotel. We are fortunate though to have guests that disagree and love staying with us when they travel to DC. I hope you reconsider your decision.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

First time in DC, booked this place after seeing reviews. The hotel is a bit old, but nicely maintained. Staff was friendly. There was a free shuttle from hotel to airport and to nearest mall where you could catch metro to DC downtown and many point of interests in DC.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad we could welcome you on your first trip to Washington DC and offer you a pleasant stay experience. I appreciate you noticing the hard work the engineering and housekeeping staffs put into offering the best product we can to our guests.

Many of our guests really enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro or enjoying the complimentary shuttle. It is nice to read that you did too! Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

They don't offer the internet in the rooms. Wen I asked they told me about the additional charge but it doesn't look like they wanted to sell me. The internet was free only in the lobby; that's why the lobby was full of people with their phones, lap tops and tablets. The rest was Ok. Excellent shuttles the the Metro and to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. Many guests really enjoy the complimentary Internet in the lobby, but also they enjoy the open space and ample seating. It is a great place to meet up and congregate with other guests. I am glad you took advantage of the complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby. Actually, you can sign up and pay for Internet just by logging on from your room. Keep in mind we also offer rate packages that include the Internet for a discounted price.

It is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience and utilized the complimentary shuttles to make it more convenient traveling around. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the first Hilton hotel I have encountered that deducted the full amount of the stay plus $50/day maintenance fee from your credit card which was an inconvenience as I wanted to pay cash and had to wait until the next day, and funds still were not released from my credit card until I returned home 5 days later. The hospitality of the front desk staff during check-in was unpleasant. I felt as if I was bothering the attendant checking me in. She rarely made eye contact with me when I was speaking to her. The bellman were the most helpful and pleasant of the staff, always willing to help with questions, getting taxis, etc. I think this location could use training in customer service and the meaning of hospitality.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am unsure where you have stayed, but taking an authorization for the full amount of the stay upon check in and some for incidentals is a common practice in most hotels. However, I am sorry this caught you off guard. We have many guests that leave a credit card upon check in and pay cash upon check out. We do have signage at the front desk to alert guests using debit cards that once the authorization is put through it can take up to five business days for the funds to be released.

It is disappointing to read about your perception of the service of the front desk agent. I will share your comments with the team to remind them how important it is to welcome all of our guests with a friendly smile. I am sorry this was not your experience. Your comments on the bellmen are appreciated and I am sure they will be delighted to read them.

Thank you again for your review and for the suggestion on retraining the staff. We constantly have trainings, but again I apologize that you felt the customer service did not meet your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I attend a convention at this location. They have a North and South side building room locations. Most of the persons attending were place in the North bldg., you had to pay an up charge to for a room in the South bldg., that are more updated than the North. The carpets in my room needed a good cleaning.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Actually, the reason for an upgrade fee would have been due to a room type change. The South Tower holds all of our suites while the North Tower is where our standard rooms can be found, which is why the majority of your group was in the North Tower. While some rooms have been remodeled more recently, there is not any upgrade fee for a more recently remodeled room if the room types are the same. We are excited for the remainder of our rooms to be renovated soon, which will include replacing the carpet. I have passed your comment on your carpet to the Director of Housekeeping so he can arrange a deep cleaning. I appreciate you letting me know.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. I hope your convention was a success! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.