“Beautiful hotel.”

Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Check in was quick! I didn't get my high floor. They upgraded my room. I loved it.

Rooms was very clean.
They have two bars in the hotel. 1 is a sky bar which I went up to didn't get to stay long I forgot my ID. The bartender wasn't having it.

I had in room dining. Which they forgot a few things, but it's ok.
The mall which is very big is only a few minute walk. The hotel will take you and pick you up if you don't want to walk.

Check out is so quick you just dial 3 # from your phone. Parking is a bit expensive but the parking garage is very big. All in all it was a nice stay for the rate. I will return long as the rate stays the same or a bit cheaper. Because parking was so high.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Angel H
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Many guests that arrive have endured a long travel day so we try to make the check in process a fast one and I am glad to read this was the case for you. We try to meet each guests placement request, but that is not always possible. It is nice to read that an upgrade was available for you.

I appreciate your understanding that the bartender has to be strict and enforce showing an ID and I am sorry that your visit to the Skydome was shortened due to you forgetting yours. It is not ok that we forgot some items in your room service order. I wish you let us know not only so we could make it right, but also so we can be sure this is not repeated. Kurtis, the Executive Chef is very sorry (as am I) that the order was not exactly as you were expecting.

It is nice to read that you found our location to be convenient and enjoyed the Pentagon City Fashion Mall. Many of our guests really like have the option of walking or taking the complimentary shuttle. The new zip out feature has been so well received by our guests; i am glad you liked this check out feature. While the parking charge may seem high, I am confident that when compared to other hotels in Crystal City that you will see it is right in line with their charges and well below the parking rates inside Washington DC. Please be sure to check out our rates that include parking at a discounted price which offer a great value to our guests traveling via a vehicle.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Florence, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The shuttle service was the best part of staying at this hotel. This one ran on time, and the drivers were very nice and friendly--even though it was almost time for the service to end! I would recommend this hotel for its location, its smiling and friendly staff, and, of course, the great cookies! The location is great, too. It is just outside of DC traffic, and you can get to the airport in about 15 minutes.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. We know how reliant on the shuttle schedule some of our guests are and really try to stick to it as often as possible. It is nice to read that not only was this a big convenience for you, but that you found the drivers to be friendly. Your comments on them are appreciated as they work hard to have a warm welcome to all of our incoming guests.

Our location is so convenient to Reagan airport and in non rush hour it is only a 5 minute drive away. Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Arlington Va., United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The only thing I didn't like that I had to put up an hundred dollar as a security deposit . I had checked out at 0600 in the morning I called the front desk in advance to let them know that I was checking out at 0600am. Then I had to wait for the front desk to call security so that they could come and inspect my room before I let. They cause me a half an hour behide my time to check out. So I think The Double Tree Hotel could come up with a better way instead of in convenience customers in the further.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. It is a common practice to have a deposit for cash paying guests as unlike guests that leave a credit card once a cash paying guest leaves should there be damage the hotel has no recourse. However, I can understand why it would be frustrating to have this cause a slow down in checking out. Your suggestion of coming up with a more effective way to make this more efficient is appreciated and will be reviewed. Being your review is four stars, I am happy that the remainder of your stay was a positive one.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Glassport, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel staff was very nice, the entry, halls, and rooms were super clean. They had a restaurant with great food but it was extremely overpriced. I'd stay there again for sure. I would just not eat there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. I am glad to read that you had a positive experience. The housekeeping staff will really be happy to see that you mentioned the cleanliness of the hotel as they work very hard to make that happen. Your comment on the staff is appreciated. I am sorry you felt the restaurant was overpriced, but I hope you enjoyed your food.

Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope to welcome you back soon so we can work just as hard at exceeding your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Doubltree last week, Tuesday to Friday. The staff were really helpful, Joseph and Toni are top of the pack and really friendly and helpful. The room was excellent also. I would recommend this hotel. It is a short walk to Pentagon City Metro so getting into Washington is a breeze also the Mall is across the road from the Metro at Pentagon City. The facilities in the hotel are also great. There is the SkyDome restaurant on the 14th floor which provides an excellent view of the Potomac and Washington, certainly worth a try. All in all I found everyone very helpful and friendly. Thumbs up

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PaulT01691
Thank you for your review. We know that many times it is the staff that makes the difference in a guests experience and it is so rewarding to read this was the case for you. I appreciate you pointing out Toni and Joseph so we can recognize their efforts.

We are fortunate to be so close to the Metro/mall that our guests have the option of walking or taking the complimentary shuttle. The Skydome offers a very unique vantage point of Washington DC and so many families enjoy going up there to point out all of the places they visited while in the District.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. This hotel is very dated and could use a good makeover.The cleanliness is not what I'm used to. When we arrived there was food on floor outside our room. It looked like someone had taken chips and dumped them on the floor. The food remained on the floor for two days after we checked in. I eventually went to the housekeeper who was standing next to the mess and asked if they planned on getting it up. She looked at it and said she didn't see it but she did vaccum it up. The room was not locked,I did not have to use my key to open it. I just simply pushed it open. One bed was missing all the pillows. Security came up to check on the case of the missing pillows. We got our pillows. Beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were like pancakes after laying on them. I will definately THINK TWICE BEFORE COMING BACK HERE!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank casha75
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience. We are looking forward to continuing our remodel project soon. It is very surprising to read that a mess like the one you describe remained on the floor for two days as the housekeepers clean each day (sometimes multiple times a day) and the Director of Housekeeping as well as the Assistant Director are constantly up on the floors. We will look into how this occurred and I do apologize to you that this happened.

The comfort of our beds is one of the most common type of positive comments that we receive, but i am sorry you did not have a good nights sleep. Typically security would not go to a room unless they were requested. Perhaps the agent asked security to go up to make sure nothing was missing being your door was not closed all the way.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope that after you do think twice that we can welcome you back soon so we have the opportunity to offer you a much better experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

On our way to Virginia Beach stopped off here to relax before driving in to VA. Great hotel just outside Washington sites and quick walk to Pentagon City Mall. Would definitely stay here again. Our 3 boys had a great time in the pool overlooking the city.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. I am sorry your visit was so short, but glad it fit your need and you would return. The pool is popular and we are fortunate to have it on the 14th floor so a view can be offered from the windows.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.